Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinking of joining Virgin mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Problem with new 4G sim card

Old 08-10-2017, 14:25   #1
Exorcist74
Inactive

Services: 60Mb cable and basic package
Exorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Problem with new 4G sim card

Never had a problem with my old Verginmedia G3 sim card.Never
2 months ago I had my new 4G sim card, upgrade from 3G, everything worked well,that is untill 5wks ago, I went to use my data plan and after 15min of use my system went dead as a door post, no phone connection,no TXT nothing, dealing with my data plan, I try everything I could think of to get my service back,checked my network mode [WCDMA],Access Point setting,network operators Search networks/select automatically would force close after 2 sec......NOTHING.
The only way i could get my data plan to work was by resetting my phone 2 times,then everything was back as it should be,that is till i turn my data plan back on and again 15-20min dead again, signal bar showed 4 bars,but that meant nothing if you cant use your phone,WiFi worked ok during these blackouts..
I was told I could not use G4 on my phone GALAXY NOTE GT-N7000 ,that wasn't a problem.... G4 would come in handy for my next phone, BUT I am peved having to go through this every time I want to use my Data plan.........
So to get things back to work Just reset your phone.. There has to be a problem with the Sim card or the APN setting

Any Idea's most gratefully excepted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Specks_2017-08-30-16-13-27.jpg (156.9 KB, 12 views)
Exorcist74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2017, 15:14   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Problem with new 4G sim card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist74 View Post
Never had a problem with my old Verginmedia G3 sim card.Never
2 months ago I had my new 4G sim card, upgrade from 3G, everything worked well,that is untill 5wks ago, I went to use my data plan and after 15min of use my system went dead as a door post, no phone connection,no TXT nothing, dealing with my data plan, I try everything I could think of to get my service back,checked my network mode [WCDMA],Access Point setting,network operators Search networks/select automatically would force close after 2 sec......NOTHING.
The only way i could get my data plan to work was by resetting my phone 2 times,then everything was back as it should be,that is till i turn my data plan back on and again 15-20min dead again, signal bar showed 4 bars,but that meant nothing if you cant use your phone,WiFi worked ok during these blackouts..
I was told I could not use G4 on my phone GALAXY NOTE GT-N7000 ,that wasn't a problem.... G4 would come in handy for my next phone, BUT I am peved having to go through this every time I want to use my Data plan.........
So to get things back to work Just reset your phone.. There has to be a problem with the Sim card or the APN setting

Any Idea's most gratefully excepted
I suggest that is the whole problem. I presume you mean 4G.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 00:58   #3
Exorcist74
Inactive

Exorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enoughExorcist74 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I suggest that is the whole problem. I presume you mean 4G.

Yes sorry 4G
Old 17-10-2017, 20:14   #4
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I tried to up to my partners phone to 4G sim upgrade from virgin.. it stated that it could take from 10 minutes to 24 hours to upgrade... after 26 hours ....ZERO... ditched the upgrade.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 11:13   #5
Exorcist74
Inactive

Quick update phone VM and explained what the problem was and before I could finish the lady told me that there was a problem with the old sim that they sent out and they would immediately send out a new replacement,It seem to work, but have to run it a few more time, thanks all..