Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky box how can i record from it without a Sky subscription

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky box how can i record from it without a Sky subscription

Old 11-10-2010, 17:09   #1
peterfc
Inactive

peterfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky box how can i record from it without a Sky subscription

Hi All

I have a Sky box that we used to record from Sky. We no longer use Sky as we moved house and used the Virgin that was left behind for use.

My Question is there is a Dish and when i connect i can access Sky but as the box is a DVB and it recorded from Sky what can i use it for now i am with Virgin.

Thanks for taking the time to read my first post.

Peter
peterfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2010, 17:10   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky box how can i record from it without a Sky subscription

to the site.

If you mean to use the Sky+ functionality on your box then the only way you can do this is by having a Sky subscription.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 17:12   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky box how can i record from it without a Sky subscription

The box only has recording functionality when coupled with a sky subscription and even then it's only able to record sky and not cable
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote