Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile and Orange to merge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

T-Mobile and Orange to merge

Old 02-03-2010, 14:25   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: T-Mobile and Orange to merge

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
There is still a chance that the merger of T-Mobile and Orange may be blocked if 3 and the UK's competition commision get there way according to the news articles though.
All those issues have been resolved according to the latest BBC News article

The OFT said its competition concerns had been "fully addressed"
Old 02-03-2010, 19:54   #47
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Regarding iPhone on 3 - Orange are crooks in this as their tariffs are nowhere NEAR as appealing as Vodafone's or o2's.

Provided the coverage improves in both 2G and 3G, especially HSDPA, I think the merger can only be a good thing. It will spur the other operators to do something about their coverage too.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 19:59   #48
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
Regarding iPhone on 3 - Orange are crooks in this as their tariffs are nowhere NEAR as appealing as Vodafone's or o2's.

Provided the coverage improves in both 2G and 3G, especially HSDPA, I think the merger can only be a good thing. It will spur the other operators to do something about their coverage too.
I thought Orange's were more appealing than O2's
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:32   #49
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Orange and T mobile have announced that their customers can sign up for a roaming agreement that allows them to switch to the network with best coverage.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09...ange_t_mobile/
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 14:06   #50
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Thanks for the info Stuart
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 14:41   #51
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Orange and T mobile have announced that their customers can sign up for a roaming agreement that allows them to switch to the network with best coverage.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09...ange_t_mobile/
Now that could come in handy. T-mobile have a dead area near me and a friend has to hang out of a window to get a signal at her new flat.
Old 06-09-2010, 18:18   #52
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Talking Re: T-Mobile and Orange to merge

We have some Orange kit in the Headend and there has been a lot of work going on expanding the bandwith and putting new kit in .I wonder if its for this ?
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 15:57   #53
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Bet we won't see Virgin Mobile customers getting the same facility. I've heard plenty moaning about their coverage.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 16:07   #54
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I suspect you will need to wait until the networks are formally merged for that. I can't wait, Orange is the only reliable network where I live but as a light user myself, I'd love to be able to choose from the deals on some of the virtual networks like Tesco, Asda, Ikea and everyone else ... most if not all of whom seem to be carried on T-Mobile.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 16:35   #55
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
... virtual networks like Tesco, Asda, Ikea and everyone else ... most if not all of whom seem to be carried on T-Mobile.
Tesco Mobile is a joint venture with O2.

Asda Mobile uses the Vodaphone network.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 17:03   #56
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

... neither of which work at my house. But thanks for the info.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 18:52   #57
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

You can now sign up to use the other operators network:
Orange Customers https://kareena.orange.co.uk/share/
T-Mobile Customers http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/share/
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 18:37   #58
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Any news from Virgin yet?
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 20:19   #59
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

You will get several texts (free) from your provider (Orange sent me 4).

My logo now says Orange T-Mobile, if yours doesn't you may need to go into the phones setting and select "Orange T-Mobile", I don't know if T-Mobile has it in the same order or the other way round

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Just had a 5th, telling me I've picked up a T-Mobile signal for the first time.
Old 26-10-2010, 10:37   #60
uno
Inactive

uno is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on Orange and have roamed on T mobile quite a few times but the problem I have found is that it does not switch back to Orange until you get to an area where no T mobile coverage so the automatic switching doesnt seem to work and also as its only 2G very slow data speeds they seem actually slower than Orange GPRS
uno is offline   Reply With Quote