Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinking of moving to SKY...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Thinking of moving to SKY...

Old 09-05-2006, 00:03   #16
chocky909
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband BT Phone Sky+ TV Primark Undies
chocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thinking of moving to SKY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@huth
I have Sky+ with a second Sky+ box as the multiroom box. When I first got Sky+ I had my standard digibox moved to the study as the multiroom box. Last year Sky were doing an offer of a Sky+ box for £49 with free installation if you took or had multiroom. I took advantage of this offer and despatched my old standard digibox to the loft as a reserve in case of problems with one of the Sky+ boxes which couldn't be fixed for several days.

As a new customer you can get Sky+ for £89 and take advantage of their current offer of a second Sky+ box for £89 with free fitting of both for taking multiroom.

Sky are now fitting octo LNB's in some installations. These have eight connections and you can connect any combination of boxes noting that Sky+ boxes and Sky HD boxes require two connections each with a standard digibox requiring one connection. If you have an octo LNB with two Sky+ boxes connected on multiroom you will have four spare connections. You can put up to four standard digiboxes on these spare connections at no additional monthly charge if you just have them as Freesat boxes or £10 per month extra for each with a mirror subscription of your main boxes. Freesat boxes do not require connection to the phone line.
So you reckon if I just give Sky a ring they'll do me 2 Sky+ boxes for £89 each if I subscribe to multiroom? That'd be cool. Shame I'd miss out on the £50 cashback through doing it online via quidco.

Is there a better Sky website? Where are offers for existing customers such as the second Sky+ box for £89 you mentioned?
chocky909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2006, 09:54   #17
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
Re: Thinking of moving to SKY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocky909
So you reckon if I just give Sky a ring they'll do me 2 Sky+ boxes for £89 each if I subscribe to multiroom? That'd be cool. Shame I'd miss out on the £50 cashback through doing it online via quidco.

Is there a better Sky website? Where are offers for existing customers such as the second Sky+ box for £89 you mentioned?
You can get your first Sky+ box from wherever you want and then take advantage of the Sky offer to get a second Sky+ box for £89 with free install. Offer details at http://existing.sky.com/offers.asp
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote