Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Hd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Hd

Old 25-04-2006, 15:28   #16
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky Hd

1080p is pointless at the moment anyway - nothing utilizes it - not HD-DVD, not Sky HD or telewest TVDrive, they are all 720p and/or 1080i.

Blu-Ray can do 1080P, but the sets will cost a mint and as there is nothing apart from Blu-Ray to make it mass market at the moment there isnt much point.

Anything thats 720P or 1080i is perfectly acceptable for the next 4 or 5 years at least.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
No, I am referring to actual pixels. Most will take the 1080i signal, few will actually use every single pixel in re-representing the image.

Take a look here for a few typical actual resolutions they display.

Its a con, I know
Yeah your right, but its 1080 vertical lines only for 1080i, however most have 1024, what this means is that 58 lines of pixels will be missing from the picture 28 top and bottom.

Which is probably only about a cm of the picture.

Not really that much to worry about concidering if you have a "Widescreen" CRT your missing more than that at the edge with most.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2006, 15:36   #17
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Its the other way round. Most have 1024 horizontal and 768 vertical.
jtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 15:54   #18
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
Its the other way round. Most have 1024 horizontal and 768 vertical.
Doh, my bad...
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2006, 17:25   #19
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

AS the sky+ box is only £50 (if ya get the discount on offer IF you have the right Credit card), the HD box is costing an extra £250
The boxes on cable is not free, the rental fee is added to your monthly subscription on cable. drop the service and they can ask for it back. ive moved and Telewest did request it , but changed their minds. after i said they ll have to collect it, with no one home, so they wanted it binned instead.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote