Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Prince Philip has Died R.I.P

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Prince Philip has Died R.I.P

Old 10-04-2021, 22:58   #61
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Prince Philip has Died R.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
No wonder English national identity is in crisis if nobody knows.
It's getting clearer all the time

2020: English, British and European
2021: English and British
2023? English
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2021, 23:31   #62
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It won't wash with the racists and xenophobes who have had it in for her from the start.

We are in a global pandemic. She's in an at risk group. Only 30 people can attend from what is large extended family.
The advice seems to be related to the ability to fly whilst pregnant. This is what the NHS say about pregnancy & covid:

'Pregnancy and your risk
There's no evidence that if you're pregnant you're more likely to get seriously ill from coronavirus. But pregnant women are in the moderate risk (clinically vulnerable) group as a precaution.

This is because you can sometimes be more at risk from viruses like flu if you're pregnant.

It's not clear if this happens with coronavirus. But because it's a new virus, it's safer to include pregnant women in the moderate risk group.

It may be possible for you to pass coronavirus to your baby before they are born. But when this has happened, the babies have got better.

There's no evidence coronavirus causes miscarriage or affects how your baby develops in pregnancy'.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 23:37   #63
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The advice seems to be related to the ability to fly whilst pregnant. This is what the NHS say about pregnancy & covid:

'Pregnancy and your risk
There's no evidence that if you're pregnant you're more likely to get seriously ill from coronavirus. But pregnant women are in the moderate risk (clinically vulnerable) group as a precaution.

This is because you can sometimes be more at risk from viruses like flu if you're pregnant.

It's not clear if this happens with coronavirus. But because it's a new virus, it's safer to include pregnant women in the moderate risk group.

It may be possible for you to pass coronavirus to your baby before they are born. But when this has happened, the babies have got better.

There's no evidence coronavirus causes miscarriage or affects how your baby develops in pregnancy'.
You don't want her to be there anyway so I'm unsure why you are pressing the issue.

No evidence of something is not equal to evidence that there isn't a risk - hence the precautionary principle being applied. As I said she is in what has been defined as an at risk group.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 00:33   #64
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

'Pregnancy and your risk

She’s already lost one baby to a miscarriage last year - her doctor’s advice will be based on minimising any risk of a re-occurrence.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:49   #65
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I see, I didn't know that. It's probably better for all concerned if she doesn't go anyway, it's going to be a difficult enough day as it is for the Queen & her family.

I think it's clear now that Prince Philip went home to die with his family. I do feel that it wasn't at all appropriate for his grandson & her to air their familys dirty washing in public (In exchange for a fee) whether it be true or not. This must have really hurt both his grandparents.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:59   #66
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Ok folks, let’s leave that particular subject alone now. This has wandered rather a lot for an RIP thread.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:31   #67
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Which is the one with “rebellious Scots do crush”? Or is that a myth?
You mean this anti-Jacobean verse from about 1745 that was never oficcially adopted?

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:47   #68
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You mean this anti-Jacobean verse from about 1745 that was never oficcially adopted?

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.
see post 54 hehehe
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:52   #69
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
see post 54 hehehe
It would have been noticable if written in verse form but hey-ho.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 13:49   #70
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Sorry, but this National Anthem stuff does remind me of this:

Billy Connolly - National Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9nnnM-__JQ
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 13:51   #71
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It would have been noticable if written in verse form but hey-ho.
It would have been noticeable if you kept up or followed the link to the full 6 verses which was clearly marked. Not my fault you missed it versed or not. Hey ho
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 15:05   #72
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Sorry, but this National Anthem stuff does remind me of this:

Billy Connolly - National Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9nnnM-__JQ
He's so right!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 18:03   #73
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Feel sorry for our Queen, And all the family,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 18:34   #74
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
There is no authorised version of the National Anthem as the words are a matter of tradition. Additional verses have been added down the years, but these are rarely used.

The words used today are those sung in 1745, substituting 'Queen' for 'King' where appropriate. On official occasions, only the first verse is usually sung.
Old 13-04-2021, 09:46   #75
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

110,000 people have formally complained to the BBC about their wall-to-wall coverage of Prince Philip's death.

Basically, they were saying enough was enough and had switched off from the Prince Philip stuff. National legend or not, regurgitated fawning, hour after hour, was a high handed piece of BBC arrogance.

Prince Philip was an interesting person who had a platform due to his royal position. His gaffes were enjoyed by most people, balanced by the Queen's enjoyment of her consort. He thought he was serving the country and I wouldn't dispute that but lots of people do that and wouldn't get half a minute's coverage when they died.

But the BBC got it wrong.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote