Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Old times school memories

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Old times school memories

Old 16-01-2016, 21:25   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Old times school memories

I wonder if any members can remember fond memories of there old school

I used to go to CHRISTOPHER WREN SCHOOL in SHEPHERDS BUSH LONDON W12

From 1962 to 1966 (World Cup year) and was in class 1c1 and at the time l remember Mr Boot was the Head Master.

The old school was in Bloemfontein Road.

I know its strange going onto Cable Forum to ask this. I have been on various sites about this.
There is a good one called WHITE CITY BLOG, this was a council estate directly opposite the school.

It has since been renamed PHOENIX

Can anyone else remember there old school and try and contact there old school mates
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2016, 22:15   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Old times school memories

I used to go to Burlington Danes school, White City, which isn't a million miles away from yours.
Old 17-01-2016, 13:03   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

Can anyone else remember there old school and try and contact there old school mates
Try friends reunited as you'll have a lot more success on there than on here.

As for old schools I went to about 12 of them with over half of them not in this country so not much point in reminiscing about something I wasn't there long enough to remember Thank gawd for text books
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 14:02   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I went to St John Fisher in Chatham Kent in the 90s.

Have a lot of friends/people in my year on Facebook. Don't really speak to anyone still.
Old 17-01-2016, 14:41   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Many of my schoolmates have passed away in one way or another. Sadly, a large percentage of suicides. I still talk with a few that I see around, but a large number emigrated to Canada and Australia.

I was the last Head Boy before the school was handed over to Welsh medium schooling, most local kids have a fair old trek to get to the nearest school after that.

The last of my teachers passed away a couple of years ago, you could hear him before you saw him in a local supermarket.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2016, 15:48   #6
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I went to West Tarring boys school in Worthing and still have some close friends from that time. I always wondered what happened to the guy that was head boy from my year. One of those tall, blond, good looking guys who was also good at everything. Alas not on friends reunited.

Lots of old school teachers there with strict discipline: Lines, detention, slipper and the cane. Not for me I hasten to add.

A famous old boy is Keith Emerson of ELP. I think he was two years above me.
Old 17-01-2016, 19:15   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I transferred to Wilmslow Grammar School at 15. When I started in the Upper 6th the school became single sex and all the girls but my year moved out to their new school.

There were 15 of us left with 650 boys. It made my final year errr interesting. I am not saying that we weren't wanted but we were bunged in a Nissan hut out of sight so as not to distract the boys. The only time in my life that I felt like a femme fatale.
Old 30-01-2016, 20:24   #8
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Old days of separate Infant then Primary then High School. The Infants is now an old peoples home, the Primary is now houses and the High School demolished.

We were the last year ever to leave in the 4th year, if you had a job to go to. Mine was a 5 year apprenticeship in the printing industry (composition hot metal). si... good old days.

Just to note that Friends Reunited is closing or closed.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2021, 06:35   #9
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Welcome to cableforum mate

I remember how I loved the school food at lunchtime....... Most did not care for it but I sure did

Pizza
Hamburgers (Ahhhhhhhhh)
Fish Sticks with Tarter sauce

Now I wouldnt like it as they have made school food disgusting here!! (Very low sodium,sugar) and they wonder why no one likes it!!

Ah well........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2021, 12:27   #10
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Attended a few schools.

Dinwiddie Primary, Germiston, South Africa - superb head Mr de Wit who really loved his pupils, a real Afrikaaner but instigated teaching the local Bantu language until a death lost the capacity to continue.

Germiston High - an English speaking school with purple, black and white vertical striped blazers - really stood out against the more common green and browns. Really good school too.

The Tudor Grange in Solihull that still had aspects of the grammar schools it evolved from. The lower school was the former girls grammar and some staff remember to worry when it was built next to the boys school about possible mixing. Boring green blazer (see above) but a good school. I remember the proper school lunches, some good, some terrible but all filling and the puds, changed to canteen style and went to pot - too much junk and real food to much.

Solihull Sixth Form - great times there, again good schooling.

Some from Tudor Grange did try to arrange a get together a few years back but what started as a reunion sort of petered out to a meal then drinks - not really worth the travel then.