Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Simon Cowell considering axing UK shows..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Simon Cowell considering axing UK shows..
View Poll Results: Which do you want to axe or save?
Axe X Factor 44 86.27%
Axe BGT 37 72.55%
Save X Factor 7 13.73%
Save BGT 13 25.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2010, 18:02   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Simon Cowell considering axing UK shows..

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
Also why does Vernon Kay only have the Celebs on it and not ordinary people.
Because all the TV channels are Celeb obsessed and think it will bring in more viewers?
Old 10-09-2010, 18:02   #47
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Also Blind Date haha.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 18:03   #48
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

No couldn't say I liked that only because Cilla Black was doing it.
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:39   #49
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I do..after all Mon -Fri are work days and I need less stimulation then.I need to wind down.

Saturday Night if I don't go out I want a good film or drama with an actual plot and possibly an inspirational story.

I cannot recall the last time I bothered watching Saturday Night TV..without just falling asleep from boredom.
Agreed. ITV can (and do, sometimes) produce excellent dramas. I'd like to see ITV produce a good family drama that isn't a soap. Something like Primeval perhaps. Or, they could produce a good comedy. They can do it. They don't do it, but they can.

I think ITV assume everyone goes out on Saturdays because it seems as though, apart from the various "talent" shows from Simon Cowell, they really don't bother on Saturdays anymore. An attitude that has resulted in them being consistently beaten in the ratings for Saturdays by BBC 1, and sometimes by BBC 2, Channel 4 and Channel 5.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 17:49   #50
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

You can add Stricty Come Dancing to that.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
I would like to see Londons Burning and the original Family Fortunes back on a saturday night, also i want Heart Beat back haha, i used to love sitting with the family watching all these.

Well Heartbeat is the last ever episode tonight.

Family Fortunes sucks.

The questions and answers are carp eg.

1. Name a dangerous race? THE ARABS.

2. Name somthing red? MY JUMPER.

3. Name a dangerous animal? A SQUIRREL.
Old 12-09-2010, 19:13   #51
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Actually, it would be, we surveyed 100 people, what were the top 10 answers when they were asked to name a dangerous animal
I would have gone for lion, maybe annoyed squirrel if desperate, and bison (equally annoyed)
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 20:41   #52
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

good . glad to hear such good news
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote