Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Gates

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Gates

Old 21-06-2010, 12:10   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
The Gates

A very good pilot episode, won't give too much away for those who haven't watched it but a gated community with more in common with Twilight and the Vampire diaries except it's got a bit more adult content (just not as much as True blood though)

Nice to see Rhona Mitra in a new series
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-06-2010, 12:12   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Gates

I actually enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting to. I wonder if the majority of the community are "different"? The police and the owner seemed to be very secretive, too.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 12:24   #3
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Maybe I should aquire myself the pilot and see what I think...

Kymmy...Not sure any TV show could be as bad as True Blood for "Adult Content"...apart from maybe Spartacus: Blood & Sand
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 12:40   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I meant adult as in blood/violence and not in naked men/women having sex..
Old 21-06-2010, 12:53   #5
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Well... I meant all of it - I'm not used to that kind of graphic violence/sex scenes in normal broadcast TV. Its not something that usually gets passed the UK Censors. Especially the C word in True Blood (although I've not seen the UK incarnation so I dunno if they censored it here).
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 21:59   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
A very good pilot episode, won't give too much away for those who haven't watched it but a gated community with more in common with Twilight and the Vampire diaries except it's got a bit more adult content (just not as much as True blood though)

Nice to see Rhona Mitra in a new series
Thanks for the recommendation - I need more TV to watch in the Summer

Rhona Mitra is also in Stargate Universe at the moment
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 00:01   #7
cimt

Not looking good ratings rise for the first episode. It had similar ratings as a repeat of Cold Case which was in the same timeslot. Actually, Cold Case had a few hundred thousand more viewers than The Gates.
Old 22-06-2010, 01:51   #8
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I meant adult as in blood/violence and not in naked men/women having sex..
Oh well forget it then, I'm not gonna watch.
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 13:01   #9
zing_deleted

I enjoyed it even had to add a review on IMDB due to the fact some muppet posted about vampires and the sun even though the episode cleared showed how they do it
Old 26-06-2010, 13:49   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
I enjoyed it even had to add a review on IMDB due to the fact some muppet posted about vampires and the sun even though the episode cleared showed how they do it
Twilight and the vampire diaries must really freak out that person then
Old 26-06-2010, 13:51   #11
zing_deleted

aye deffo lol
Old 28-06-2010, 19:50   #12
cimt

The ratings are so bad I'm not even gunna get into the show now.
Old 28-06-2010, 22:11   #13
Kymmy
Inactive

Those who don't watch based on ratings often missed cult status shows
Old 28-06-2010, 22:35   #14
cimt

That is true, Firefly is an example of that. I just don't wanna get into it and then it get cancelled without a proper ending.
Old 29-06-2010, 00:27   #15
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'm gonna carry on watching it, & then just moan on the internet when it gets canned
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote