Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 20-10-2023, 12:48   #2101
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Napster i remember those days well mate.
On dialup 1p a minute then a free service that was hard to connect to then I moved to £10 a month dialup and then finally 600K Cambridge cable before NTL bought it.
Old 22-10-2023, 21:08   #2102
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

When will Virgin Media stream be made available on multi room?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 13:11   #2103
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The constant buffering or connection lost on Disney+.
Old 23-10-2023, 14:59   #2104
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Something I've never had with Disney+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The constant buffering or connection lost on Disney+.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 15:04   #2105
DECKAS
cf.member

DECKAS will become famous soon enoughDECKAS will become famous soon enoughDECKAS will become famous soon enough

Nor Me
DECKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 15:22   #2106
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I never get buffering on Disney+ (Samsung TV app and 900Mb BT FTTP)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 15:49   #2107
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just cancelled Netflix as im not going to pay £18 a month for something I hardly use, I really need to do this with Virgin TV too but the stress of phoning up is too much for me! Lol 1 day I'll figure out how it's done via WhatsApp as I have no idea.
Old 23-10-2023, 18:29   #2108
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I never get buffering on Disney+ (Samsung TV app and 900Mb BT FTTP)
In the end l ended up using the LG TV app and there was no problem at all.
Old 23-10-2023, 19:20   #2109
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sounds like it could be an implementation issue on Virgin’s part. Performance can differ across different devices - I used to get problems on Prime TV on the TV app while the Amazon Firestick was fine. Prime TV on Samsung is much more robust now. Oddly it’s iPlayer that’s now buggy. It can suffer from awful ghosting if it’s not the first app you use after restarting the TV.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 19:48   #2110
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just cancelled Netflix as im not going to pay £18 a month for something I hardly use, I really need to do this with Virgin TV too but the stress of phoning up is too much for me! Lol 1 day I'll figure out how it's done via WhatsApp as I have no idea.
I'm going to be cancelling most of my streamer subscriptions and returning to the high seas.
Netflix is not worth £18 a month to me, I do not need 4 streams at the same time but have to pay that ridiculous amount to get 4k and HDR/Dolby Vision, if anyone at Netflix reads this you need a plan at a more reasonable cost that includes 4k!
I will also be cancelling Disney+ when my year is up, the price rise is too much for the use I get out of it.
I have just cancelled Paramount+ as the annual cost has doubled and there is no way to switch to a monthly plan.
As much as I hate praising Apple I shall probably keep ATV+ going when my free 6 months via EE expires, I think I get more use from this service than the others combined and think its a steal at £6:99 a month.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2023, 22:42   #2111
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I'm going to be cancelling most of my streamer subscriptions and returning to the high seas.
Netflix is not worth £18 a month to me, I do not need 4 streams at the same time but have to pay that ridiculous amount to get 4k and HDR/Dolby Vision, if anyone at Netflix reads this you need a plan at a more reasonable cost that includes 4k!
I will also be cancelling Disney+ when my year is up, the price rise is too much for the use I get out of it.
I have just cancelled Paramount+ as the annual cost has doubled and there is no way to switch to a monthly plan.
As much as I hate praising Apple I shall probably keep ATV+ going when my free 6 months via EE expires, I think I get more use from this service than the others combined and think its a steal at £6:99 a month.
I pay for Amazon Prime but may cancel that next year if I decide free shipping is not worth it as I can use my MS 365 sub for Photos instead. I have a 6 month free trial for om my Playstation 5 for Apple TV, I've already cancelled that from billing me.

Just ordered a new TV QLED 55QN95C which is very close to the best oleds without the worry of burn in and other annoying issues they have so hoping things will still look awesome on it if I just use my BeeTV app which gets me 1080p upscaled as it currently looks great on my old 49KS9000 TV.
Old 24-10-2023, 12:57   #2112
denphone
Still alive and fighting

DAZN and Sky will again share the rights to Italian top-flight football, each securing packages equivalent to their current holding.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2023...eid=3598503789

Quote:
Clubs voted by a majority of 17 in favour to accept the offer worth a combined €900 million a year for the TV rights from the 2024/25 season through until 2028/29. However, this is lower than the €927 million of the previous contract and follows a period when the League had considered establishing its own channel.
Old 24-10-2023, 13:09   #2113
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

That’s quite the drop.

An extra year, high amounts of inflation and still coming up with less cash.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2023, 15:39   #2114
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That’s quite the drop.

An extra year, high amounts of inflation and still coming up with less cash.
Heck, maybe DAZN Italia will break even!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2023, 21:20   #2115
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Since I ended my virgin account, then changed it to my wife's name and bank account, paying £15 a month for 6 months then £33 after for 250 BB, I signed up to Sky Stream, which is £25 a month for 3 months for SKY Entertainment TV and Sky Cinema, plus Netfix Premium for £8 extra, then £50 a month until 24 months is up, which includes UHD, no Advert's too.
Also, with Sky I get Paramount+, Discovery+, and apple+, (for 6 months) for free, I have a Lloyds bank account that gives me Disney+ for free.

I was paying £100 for Virgin TV and Sky cinema and also paying for the above streaming services separately.
I'm very happy with my new set up.
The picture on Sky Stream is amazing, Great TV channels look like HD.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote