Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | This is what passes for support at VM

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

This is what passes for support at VM

Old 09-12-2020, 16:09   #16
sneakyalien
cf.member

sneakyalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: This is what passes for support at VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Perhaps you might want to post in THIS thread where the forum staff are helping those with the same account problem.
Yeah, so I can join the hundreds of others on there that had similar problems and never got it resolved. Take a look at most of the posts in that forum and it is filled with people not getting any support and not getting the problem fixed.
sneakyalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2020, 16:19   #17
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Ring and tell them you want to upgrade your package, see how long it takes them to connect you to someone who can do it
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 16:54   #18
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyalien View Post
Yeah, so I can join the hundreds of others on there that had similar problems and never got it resolved. Take a look at most of the posts in that forum and it is filled with people not getting any support and not getting the problem fixed.
No, so you can join a thread where the issue is getting resolved.

You can always send a registered letter.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG2 3GG
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 17:13   #19
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I had a problem with a package change, got nowhere by telephone, and it was fixed by one of the Community Forum staff - it took a couple of weeks, but it was sorted to my satisfaction.

The problem with the apparent lack of resolutions is that after the initial chat, it goes to Direct Messages, and often people don't go back on after the problem is resolved to let people know (I did).

It can work, but only if you give it a chance (and have patience).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 17:22   #20
sneakyalien
cf.member

Another one:.

Hi, your speaking to Priya. Thank you for contacting Virgin Media Messenger. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your query. I see that you want to discuss about your services.

I can certainly help you with that. Before we continue can you please confirm:
**Your full name
**Your account number
** Are you the account holder'

asking for account numbers that have already been supplied over and over again.
LMFAO

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Quote:

Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG2 3GG
How sad is it when you have to send a letter to try and get some support. Shall I use a quill? It is 2020 not 1975.
Old 09-12-2020, 17:47   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Another one:.

Hi, your speaking to Priya. Thank you for contacting Virgin Media Messenger. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for your query. I see that you want to discuss about your services.

I can certainly help you with that. Before we continue can you please confirm:
**Your full name
**Your account number
** Are you the account holder'

asking for account numbers that have already been supplied over and over again.
LMFAO

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

How sad is it when you have to send a letter to try and get some support. Shall I use a quill? It is 2020 not 1975.
Or use the Community Forum - it does work.
Old 09-12-2020, 18:10   #22
sneakyalien
cf.member

Quote:

Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG2 3GG
Right, I've had a word with an uncle of mine and he has Carrier Pigeon's, so I'm going to get a message to that address in Nottingham with a carrier Pigeon.....If that is what is needed then so be it.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

and another one, she contacts me asks for accounts and then does this:
'I really understand the concern, I will now be returning back this conversation to queue as I am done with my shift. Do not worry the next agent will pick it up and respond back to you as soon as possible. Thank for your patience.'

How crazy is this!!!!!
Old 09-12-2020, 18:16   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Right, I've had a word with an uncle of mine and he has Carrier Pigeon's, so I'm going to get a message to that address in Nottingham with a carrier Pigeon.....If that is what is needed then so be it.
You have been given multiple advice, but all you do is reject them or post sarcastic responses.

Do you want help ot not ?
Ranting will not solve your issue.
If you dont want help/advice, why are you posting ?

For the record, Ive used the community forum twice, and had my issue resolved both times.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 18:45   #24
sneakyalien
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Ring and tell them you want to upgrade your package, see how long it takes them to connect you to someone who can do it
Seconds I bet.
Old 09-12-2020, 20:10   #25
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire,
NG2 3GG
Letters are simply ignored, as are emails, as some people have tried sending these to give their 30 days notice. Those that manage to cancel by other methods are told that cancellation starts from the date that VM takes the request, completely ignoring the fact that it was the shambolic & farcical service that prevented people cancelling earlier.

This company is dysfunctional and some staff are now out of control e.g. one person asked to speak to a manager and was openly laughed at down the phone, another was insulted with an obscene term beginning with w and ending in r, another joined a customer self help group and started insulting customers and undermining what frustrated customers were posting (aka trolling) until she was found out etc etc.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:15   #26
sneakyalien
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Letters are simply ignored, as are emails, as some people have tried sending these to give their 30 days notice. Those that manage to cancel by other methods are told that cancellation starts from the date that VM takes the request, completely ignoring the fact that it was the shambolic & farcical service that prevented people cancelling earlier.

This company is dysfunctional and some staff are now out of control e.g. one person asked to speak to a manager and was openly laughed at down the phone, another was insulted with an obscene term beginning with w and ending in r, another joined a customer self help group and started insulting customers and undermining what frustrated customers were posting (aka trolling) until she was found out etc etc.
I actually worked for Virgin Media in their I.T department many years ago, and I can tell you the level of contempt VM have for their own staff, never mind their customers is absolutely mind blowing. The managers and most of the employee's are all greasy weasel's who would sell their own mother for a chance of promotion and the support staff are the rudest aholes you would ever wish to talk to. I rang once (internally) and bear in mind I worked for the company and so the call was considered a 'team' call because we worked for the same company and the level of abuse I got was astounding.

VM seems to want to create an atmosphere of hatred, bile, anger, frustration and a backstabbing culture and I can honestly say in all my years working in I.T it was the worst worst worst place I had ever worked. I was so happy the day I left that toxic mess of a company. The only reason I still have broadband from them is because they make it nearly impossible to escape from them. They have signed me up to contracts that I never even agreed to, numerous times. How Ofcom has not kicked the living **** out of them is beyond me. So I can totally believe it when people tell stories of being called all kinds of names, being told to ###off etc by VM staff. The staff were out of control over 10 years ago and it looks like it has got worse and once the police had to be called because one of teh support staff was being abusive to some guy, but unfortunately for the abuser, the guy lived really close and turned up at the door asking for the support staff by name....and teh abusive support staff sh#t himself and they called the police. Imagine that! Imagine having staff so rude that the general public turn up looking to punch their lights out.

Last edited by sneakyalien; 10-12-2020 at 10:21.
Old 10-12-2020, 14:28   #27
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Mmmmmmmm....
Old 10-12-2020, 15:44   #28
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Mmmmmmmm....
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 19:28   #29
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I actually worked for Virgin Media in their I.T department many years ago, and I can tell you the level of contempt VM have for their own staff, never mind their customers is absolutely mind blowing. The managers and most of the employee's are all greasy weasel's who would sell their own mother for a chance of promotion and the support staff are the rudest aholes you would ever wish to talk to. I rang once (internally) and bear in mind I worked for the company and so the call was considered a 'team' call because we worked for the same company and the level of abuse I got was astounding.

VM seems to want to create an atmosphere of hatred, bile, anger, frustration and a backstabbing culture and I can honestly say in all my years working in I.T it was the worst worst worst place I had ever worked. I was so happy the day I left that toxic mess of a company. The only reason I still have broadband from them is because they make it nearly impossible to escape from them. They have signed me up to contracts that I never even agreed to, numerous times. How Ofcom has not kicked the living **** out of them is beyond me. So I can totally believe it when people tell stories of being called all kinds of names, being told to ###off etc by VM staff. The staff were out of control over 10 years ago and it looks like it has got worse and once the police had to be called because one of teh support staff was being abusive to some guy, but unfortunately for the abuser, the guy lived really close and turned up at the door asking for the support staff by name....and teh abusive support staff sh#t himself and they called the police. Imagine that! Imagine having staff so rude that the general public turn up looking to punch their lights out.
Sorry but i have worked for VM for 24 years and i have never seen anything like that..

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 10-12-2020 at 19:31.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 15:05   #30
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I got 3 versions of customer support, when haggling over a new contract today.

The first, was somebody overseas who sounded helpful was going to transfer me to cancellations, and ended up with a dead line...

The second lasted half an hour. Overseas again, poor line (inexcusable for a cable company !), very poor English. I've nothing against overseas call centres some of the best tech support I've had has been from India , but they need to be able to communicate. At the end of which after a lot of delays being put on hold, offered me a couple a quid off, which I didn't accept so was going to transfer to 'level 2'. Transferred, then engaged then deadline....

Third time lucky I got through to Scottish gent , who did me a much better deal than last year. So worth ringing again if you get no joy.

Good customer service is there but its pot luck and seemingly rare. Things have definitely deteriorated since I last rang.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote