Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC iplayer problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BBC iplayer problem

Old 10-01-2015, 15:19   #106
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BBC iplayer problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Nke5339?
That's the one for the local issues.
"TiVo OTT - Buffering and freezing on BBC i player during peak viewing times due to CMTS utilisation"
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2015, 15:27   #107
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Who at VM told you this? Did they give you a fault ticket number?
Spider I know you work for VM. I've been working with technical support an engineers on the iplayer and VOD issues for sometime. They shared information from VM emails etc, which clearly stated the 20th as to resolve the iplayer issue. But I was warned the date had been moved before.
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:53   #108
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There is no single iplayer issue. If you have been quoted a date of 20th January, that could be the planned date for a network capacity upgrade in your area.
Spiderplant, you know that we have high regard for the advice and assistance that you provide on this forum, and you should know that this is very much appreciated by us.

I think it is fair to say that some are not getting any problems with the I-player but a substantial number of us are.

Do you think we should passively wait for this to be resolved or should we be reporting this fault to Customer Services?

I for one don't wish to be clogging up the system with complaints if the matter is already being dealt with!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 14:11   #109
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's worth giving them a call, if only to get your signals checked out.

I'm still hopeful that the new iPlayer will be more tolerant of bandwidth issues, but that remains to be seen.
Old 11-01-2015, 20:01   #110
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wonder if things will improve once the html5 app gets released?
Possibly if it has a larger buffer
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 20:27   #111
cj136uk
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media, TiVo/XL TV, XXL Internet, M Phone.
cj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enoughcj136uk will become famous soon enough

that may not help the utilisation issues, I think this is a disagreement with the Beeb and VM on bandwidth to servers.
cj136uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 23:07   #112
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

A cursory glance over the VM support forum, and there's a noticeable increase in VM responses that are admitting utilisation problems.

Sounds like networks are going to be kept busy keeping up! I wonder how long it'll take to clear them all up.....
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2015, 21:34   #113
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

So why keep signing up punters to oversubscribed areas and making the problem worse ?? (Silly me, why am I asking that......)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 19:11   #114
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

BBC1 HD totally unusable last evening. More buffering than a railyard.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2015, 23:40   #115
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
A cursory glance over the VM support forum, and there's a noticeable increase in VM responses that are admitting utilisation problems.

Sounds like networks are going to be kept busy keeping up! I wonder how long it'll take to clear them all up.....
my issues have been ongoing. I've been waiting a year for an upgrade. they tell you to call up every single month for refunds which is bloody annoying i dont know why they cant just do a refund indefinitely until they fix it...

tonight i'm getting 11mb and im meant to be on 150...
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 12:07   #116
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i dont know why they cant just do a refund indefinitely until they fix it...
Because the billing system has no way of knowing when it has been fixed.
Old 21-05-2019, 10:48   #117
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Digging up an old thread but it was the first one my Google search landed on.

IPlayer loads and works very quickly on our V6 box but is taking an age or just not loading at all on the older TiVo box, any solutions?

Jim
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 11:00   #118
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Digging up an old thread but it was the first one my Google search landed on.

IPlayer loads and works very quickly on our V6 box but is taking an age or just not loading at all on the older TiVo box, any solutions?

Jim
For what its worth, my old TiVo was doing my head in. It was no longer fit for purpose. It just did not seem to have the capacity to deal with streaming services, although Netflix was stable for me, albeit a bit slow to load.

Some may give you advice about disabling the thumbs up/down facility, etc, but none of that made any difference to my box. My advice would be to replace your TiVo with a second V6. You will be able to link the two together by wifi then and get far better performance to boot.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 11:06   #119
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Hmm, how extra above the £131 I already pay will that cost?
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 11:23   #120
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Hmm, how extra above the £131 I already pay will that cost?
What services have got Jim? as you are paying quite a bit there