Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 13-04-2014, 16:10   #7906
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

I must admit I'd like a dog - as a pet I mean - but not in the flat.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2014, 17:01   #7907
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Seems I am the only dog hater on CF. Oh dear.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:08   #7908
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Seems I am the only dog hater on CF. Oh dear.
l am not sure Mr Grumpy would get on that well with a dog anyway.
Old 13-04-2014, 17:09   #7909
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We got our Dalmatian from the Dogs Trust - he was a challenge at the beginning (he hadn't had much affection or training), but after 18 months, he has (mostly) settled down.

It just takes time, affection, and the willingness not let the dog train you.....
Yep we've been told about that! Collies can be quite erratic but as long as they are aware of the boundaries and who the boss is they're happy to abide by the rules.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:14   #7910
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am not sure Mr Grumpy would get on that well with a dog anyway.
I'm more of a pussy man myself.

Wait, that sounds wrong. I mean pussy cats.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:30   #7911
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Bit of a bitter-sweet one, glad and happy for my mates at the running club who are doing the London Marathon today. Gutted that I'm not one of them but I'll be applying again next year and hoping I get chosen. THIS is the medal I want.
It is a very shiny and substantial medal, I might need to get another to keep mine company!

Of course if you don't win it on your first attempt you might as well give up altogether if the BBC commentary team is anything to go by.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2014, 17:42   #7912
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yep we've been told about that! Collies can be quite erratic but as long as they are aware of the boundaries and who the boss is they're happy to abide by the rules.
Yes Collies can be erratic but they will soon become your best pal, I took my dog to the local dog obedience class, which I found very good and being a Collie/Spaniel he picked things up really quickly, Collies are very clever and very keen to learn. The good thing about the class they gave me tons of advice and support.
Old 14-04-2014, 14:21   #7913
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Just weighed myself and I have lost 2.5lb, really pleased as all I have done is just cut out the bread this week and started using the treadmill. Bread seems to be the killer if you want to lose weight as it is really high in calories.
Old 14-04-2014, 14:22   #7914
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

That's excellent news Weenie.
Old 14-04-2014, 14:25   #7915
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's excellent news Weenie.
Thank you
Old 14-04-2014, 15:43   #7916
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Well done Bread is the downfall of many, that baguette or sub roll even with a healthy looking filling can really stack up some serious calories. Filled with cheese and mayo, 600 to 800 is on the cards.

I have a couple of rounds of toast at beakfast with a low calorie spread and it still tops 350 cals! Go for butter and 500 is more like it.
Butter or no spread for me the other stuff is poison hydrogenated veg oil and oil/chemicals no ta

I can eat 6 or 8 slices of bread a day and still lose weight bread is not that high in calories really and is a good source of a complex carbohydrate which the body needs specially for brain function

1 slice of medium Warbutons is 96 calories 7 seeded hovis iirc 125 per slice to up the white to 350 cals you need to put a 5th of a pack of butter on the 2
Old 14-04-2014, 15:47   #7917
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Just weighed myself and I have lost 2.5lb, really pleased as all I have done is just cut out the bread this week and started using the treadmill. Bread seems to be the killer if you want to lose weight as it is really high in calories.
That is excellent

See I couldn't do that - I've not got a strong enough will
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2014, 11:15   #7918
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Just love it it when the sun shines, so good to have the little one's out playing rather than being stuck indoors in front of the tv whether watching or playing xbox/ps4. I think I'll take them swimming later then off to the swing park to feed the swans, I love sunny day's.
Old 15-04-2014, 11:47   #7919
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
You have carnivorous swans?

Enjoy.
Old 15-04-2014, 15:13   #7920
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We are booked up to go to Prague in May, Somewhere different , have any of you been there?
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote