Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hillsborough - 20th anniversary

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Hillsborough - 20th anniversary

Old 19-04-2009, 12:52   #46
RizzyKing

Re: Hillsborough - 20th anniversary

The latter Derek if labour really cared they could have given access much earlier fact is after the reception the government gopher got they now know how high feeling is still running over this and spotted a chance to sway some votes complete ****.
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2009, 12:57   #47
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
The latter Derek if labour really cared they could have given access much earlier fact is after the reception the government gopher got they now know how high feeling is still running over this and spotted a chance to sway some votes complete ****.
**** is harsh, obviously it was a move to way peoples opinions but isn't that exactly what the campaigners wanted? Pressure the government to give in and release the files?

The government don't listen and they are out of touch. They do and they are **** for trying to sway people. I don't think they could really win could they?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 21:28   #48
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
20 years ago it was a Conservative government in power and they locked away these files for 30 years and now a Labour government is offering to unlock those files 10 years early so a plus point in their favour.

I am not sure what kind of files will come out and I wonder to what extent they were doctored at the time by the police and the authorities, because if they cast them in a poor light it could leave them open to prosecution so I expect nothing of any real substance to be in those files.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 21:56   #49
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
20 years ago it was a Conservative government in power and they locked away these files for 30 years and now a Labour government is offering to unlock those files 10 years early so a plus point in their favour.
How is it a plus point? They were in power 10 years ago when the 10th anniversary came around and did nothing. As Rizzy pointed out, their man on the scene at Anfield got shouted down last week and suddenly they're beginning to realise there might be a way to hold on to a few votes in the city when the next election comes round.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 22:00   #50
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
How is it a plus point? They were in power 10 years ago when the 10th anniversary came around and did nothing. As Rizzy pointed out, their man on the scene at Anfield got shouted down last week and suddenly they're beginning to realise there might be a way to hold on to a few votes in the city when the next election comes round.
Plus point only that they say they are releasing them early as if the is anything in them that points to failings of an individual or the authorities then maybe justice can be served at last.
Old 20-04-2009, 08:16   #51
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I still don't see how this is a negative point either. Portraying it as a underhanded way to win votes is simply an attempt to turn it into a negative story but you can say the same of anything a politician does which is popular.

I think people want it both ways; If they do something unpopular or neglect to do something popular they are "not listening" and are "out of touch" whereas if they do something in reaction to public demand (i.e being chanted at, press coverage and the Justice campaign) they are "**** trying to win votes".

I am not saying this is an plus point for Labour, but more something they had to do in response to public demand. However attempts to make it into a negative point is simply unfair, and more to do with people trying to paint every action this government does in the worst possible light in order to match their own political convictions.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 11:16   #52
arcamalpha2004

The thing is from the very moment this happened which I witnessed first hand being in the pen concerned damage limitation was put into swing, the objective was to limit the damage to the police reputation.

How could videos just " Go Missing " from a police control room of all places?

If you can find a fully manned police station nowadays they all have cctv equipment installed, would I not be challenged if I went to their recording equipment and stole the tape or DVD ?

Forgive me being sceptical right now but the government and the police have got plenty of time to say what can and cannot be seen by the public, by the way, the first ones should be the families of the deceased and not the general public, indeed I would not be surprised if the damaging information has already been removed.

My only wish is for the Families to find closure.
Old 28-04-2009, 21:39   #53
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

This makes interesting reading http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-23489865/

Quote:
For the first time ever, we can reveal how reams of officers’ accounts were deleted in the weeks following the disaster and how huge swathes of first-hand police statements were removed by South Yorkshire Police. Today, families of the 96 Liverpool supporters who were killed said the dossier showed South Yorkshire Police trying to divert blame on to others.
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 19:30   #54
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/8087745.stm

Despicable.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 19:33   #55
RizzyKing

There simply are no words that describe such complete utter **** and i hope they suffer in life for this really sickening .
Old 07-06-2009, 20:53   #56
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

Do you know that Port Sunlight is the most beautiful little village, with lots of decent relatives? I'm assuming these scumbags have come from a nearby area with the vandalism in mind. I hope no one finds out who it is on the grapevine because I wouldn't like to be in their shoes
Old 07-06-2009, 23:05   #57
Peter_
Permanently Banned

I hope they are caught and when their names are revealed someone pays them a little visit and introduces them to the game of baseball.
Old 07-06-2009, 23:08   #58
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Do you know that Port Sunlight is the most beautiful little village, with lots of decent *relatives? I'm assuming these scumbags have come from a nearby area with the vandalism in mind. I hope no one finds out who it is on the grapevine because I wouldn't like to be in their shoes
correction *residents*
Old 08-06-2009, 13:40   #59
RizzyKing

Personally i hope they do get found out and not by the police because if that happens it will be handed to the criminal protection society and the sentence they get will be pathetic bit of mob justice would be perfect in this case.
Old 11-06-2009, 16:35   #60
superbiatch
Inactive

Arrest made http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/8095809.stm