Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can no longer copy/paste links.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Can no longer copy/paste links.

Old 23-06-2019, 19:24   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Can no longer copy/paste links.

I use Google Chrome on an Android tablet. I used to be able to copy links by pressing down onto the web address in the task bar. This prompted it to bring up some options, including 'copy'.

For the past few weeks, pressing down onto the web address makes the web address disappear (and it doesn't copy it). Paste/clipboard appear as two options, but not copy.

Can anyone help me resolve this please?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-06-2019, 22:24   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Can no longer copy/paste links.

Don't you see the copy options below the address bar when clicking it, that is used for copy and share.

To paste click the blue drop thing and that let's you paste, if none of that works update Google chrome or try restarting the tablet.

Are you sure it doesn't just look different as I think it looks different from when I used to use Chrome until I realised there are far better android browsers?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-06-2019 at 22:34.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 09:36   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
For the past few weeks, pressing down onto the web address makes the web address disappear (and it doesn't copy it). Paste/clipboard appear as two options, but not copy.
You should have three options below the address bar now - Copy, Share and Edit

https://9to5google.com/2019/05/13/ch...d-share-links/

Is your version of Chrome up to date on the device?
Old 26-06-2019, 21:28   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I've checked and chrome is up to date, the options don't come up any more, the web address just disappears instead of turning blue!

Also, a lot of the time when I try to reply to emails, it now sometimes crashes Chrome.

I think I might have installed another keyboard if that coukd be it (I have memory problems).
Old 26-06-2019, 23:33   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The web address is meant to disappear and doesn't turn blue in the latest version.

The copy is below the address bar now like in the link posted from Ben, did you not scroll down and check the image?

Attached Images
File Type: png chrome-android-share-links.png (64.8 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by SnoopZ; 26-06-2019 at 23:38.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2019, 07:54   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Copy is still there. After you click on the address bar, you get what looks like two pages together, one in front of the other. That's for copy now.
Old 27-06-2019, 17:25   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Got my head around it now, thanks everyone