Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Business Broadband VOIP issues New Malden

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Business Broadband VOIP issues New Malden

Old 24-01-2020, 03:16   #1
fizzyade
cf.addict

fizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about them
Business Broadband VOIP issues New Malden

Since “the outage” has anybody had issues with VoIP?

Mine is cutting out regularly, I can be on a call and then it goes deadly silent, sometimes the call comes back, other times not.

I’m on Business 500 (static IP’s), it worked perfectly before the two day outage, but has been flakey ever since the service was restored.

I’m also seeing a lag in RDP, occasionally it stops responding for a couple of seconds before coming back, again, it was perfect before the outage and problems only started after.
fizzyade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-01-2020, 12:25   #2
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Business Broadband VOIP issues New Malden

Sounds like you've got a faulty connection now. Do you have any monitoring on your connection (Like a TBB graph)? I'd expect to see a lot of red.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 15:30   #3
fizzyade
cf.addict

fizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Sounds like you've got a faulty connection now. Do you have any monitoring on your connection (Like a TBB graph)? I'd expect to see a lot of red.
Yeah, not much red.

I've literally just used my phone for the first time today and within ten seconds I'd been cut off the call and then I recalled and after about a minute it cut off, my RDP session froze at the same time.

Old 24-01-2020, 22:24   #4
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

I am fed from the New Malden site too also on Business 500 with static IP addresses and have not had any issues since the repair was carried out. I have had many VoIP calls again with no issue.

Here is my monitor:
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 12:57   #5
fizzyade
cf.addict

i’m running pingplotter to the office and also cloudflare, i’m seeing dropouts, but they’re happening at basl-core-2b-ae16-0.network.virginmedia.net

will upload some graphs once i’ve got a decent amount of data.
Old 25-01-2020, 22:09   #6
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyade View Post
Yeah, not much red.

I've literally just used my phone for the first time today and within ten seconds I'd been cut off the call and then I recalled and after about a minute it cut off, my RDP session froze at the same time.

That's....quite a lot of red.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2020, 12:55   #7
fizzyade
cf.addict

Humn.

Old 21-02-2020, 18:04   #8
fizzyade
cf.addict

Fixed! Using my Application I eventually traced the culprit, a 10Gbe fibre connection on my network kept dropping out, replaced it with a DAC and since then it's been rock solid. Of course I'm tempting fate....

Last edited by fizzyade; 21-02-2020 at 18:07.
Old 26-02-2020, 21:55   #9
fizzyade
cf.addict

Well, that's an odd but very consistent latency graph from the hitron hop. Only the hitron hopis showing the sawtooth "wave".

Old 27-02-2020, 19:27   #10
fizzyade
cf.addict

Rebooted the modem, I'm still seeing the weird sawtooth, I don't think it's an issue, it's just a bit weird.