Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 11:56   #2611
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Will there be charts involved ?

Why on earth children were made to go back to school for one day, would be a good question ? Enough damage/spreading might have been done yesterday to keep us in lockdown for weeks longer.
Exactly as it was pretty obvious most knew what was coming down the road even before Christmas.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Quote:
And why doesn't he act on the 'science' until the last minute resulting in more cases and longer/stricter lockdowns.
l cannot ask him that question but l think you know the answer anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:
Wonder if they'll ask me on ?
l somehow think you might be near the back of the queue on that.

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
More bluster from the PM, flanked by tweedle dum and tweedle dummer, followed by inane questions from hack journos.
As Frodo famously says we have been here before and we keep going around in circles.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:01   #2612
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
More bluster from the PM, flanked by tweedle dum and tweedle dummer, followed by inane questions from hack journos.

I think I'll be inspecting my belly button fluff, see if it's changed colour recently.
I'm hoping to see the stats on dead hairdressers, just how many have died from cutting hair, and how many have died from painting nails.
what's the death rate from washing cars.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:06   #2613
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I'm hoping to see the stats on dead hairdressers, just how many have died from cutting hair, and how many have died from painting nails.
what's the death rate from washing cars.
I’d say my barber is pretty high risk. Got to be in his 60s, could do with losing a few stone, smells of cigarette smoke.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:09   #2614
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’d say my barber is pretty high risk. Got to be in his 60s, could do with losing a few stone, smells of cigarette smoke.
And i presume still alive,so based on the science hairdressers are immune
Old 05-01-2021, 13:00   #2615
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

My dentist hasn't said anything yet but has lots of equipment. He is a long drive from home but been with the practice for over 30 years and pay into their own scheme. Don't want to cancel and have tooth fracture needing emergency treatment. Medical treatment is a reason to go out though and appointments all made before lockdown.
Old 05-01-2021, 13:46   #2616
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
My dentist hasn't said anything yet but has lots of equipment. He is a long drive from home but been with the practice for over 30 years and pay into their own scheme. Don't want to cancel and have tooth fracture needing emergency treatment. Medical treatment is a reason to go out though and appointments all made before lockdown.
Dental treatment continues if you're private (!). If you're NHS its just temp. repair work.
They now have PPE unlike the first lock down. Appointments take longer as they have to get tagged up, and they have to leave a 'fallow gap' between patients. Unfortunately had to go a few times in the last year. Prepare to be temperature checked and asked 20 questions before they even let you in through the front door !
Old 05-01-2021, 14:57   #2617
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Yep, I had to visit the dentist last year to get a filling repaired, you had to wait outside until they let you in (fortunately, it was in the warm summer).

Quote:
Of of mine is in his late 70's, doesnt smoke though (its a father & son business).

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 05-01-2021, 17:10   #2618
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
The radicalisation one is interesting. While the stereotype is Islamic radicalisation - it’s not the only type. Some of the anti-vax/5G crowd are most definitely radical.

I don’t know what would be in any module but if it covers behaviours that are red flags they could be important from a personal safety perspective. It’s almost certain that mass vaccination sites, and those administering the vaccine, could become targets for intimidation, threatening behaviour or worse.

Not necessarily here, but I’d be surprised if across the world there isn’t at least one linked shooting/bombing or other terrorist incident.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/u...olice-say.html

Not a shooting or bombing but attempted sabotage of 500 vaccines at a center in the USA. We are definitely going to see more of this sadly with the proliferation of bullshit on the internet.
Old 05-01-2021, 19:28   #2619
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Unable to read that, it wants me to register

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 05-01-2021, 19:54   #2620
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/u...olice-say.html

Not a shooting or bombing but attempted sabotage of 500 vaccines at a center in the USA. We are definitely going to see more of this sadly with the proliferation of bullshit on the internet.
Proper nut jobs......the 5G, tin foil, agenda 21, anti-vaxxers, should all be castrated to save contaminating the gene pool.

Don’t get me wrong, if you don’t want to be vaccinated, that’s your choice, but you can’t go around preventing anyone else doing so.
Old 05-01-2021, 21:06   #2621
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Unable to read that, it wants me to register
Main bit.

Quote:
A pharmacist who was arrested on charges that he intentionally sabotaged more than 500 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine at a Wisconsin hospital was “an admitted conspiracy theorist” who believed the vaccine could harm people and “change their DNA,” according to the police in Grafton, Wis., where the man was employed.

The police said Steven Brandenburg, 46, who worked the night shift at the Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, Wis., had twice removed a box of vials of the Moderna vaccine from the refrigerator for periods of 12 hours, rendering them “useless.”

“Brandenburg admitted to doing this intentionally, knowing that it would diminish the effects of the vaccine,” the police said...

...The vials, which contained 570 doses of vaccine and which prosecutors said were worth between $8,000 and $12,000, were discovered sitting out on Dec. 26. Five days later, Mr. Brandenburg was arrested on felony charges of reckless endangerment and property damage, though prosecutors on Monday said the charges could be dropped to a single misdemeanor if the vials, which have yet to be tested, are still usable.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:57   #2622
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Well if you thought Boris's lot are making heavy weather of the vaccine roll out take a look over the Channel:

Quote:
Quote from The Sun:
France's Covid vaccine programme was in meltdown last night after delivering just 516 inoculations in a week - while snubbing Britain’s new jab.

President Emmanuel Macron was facing a firestorm of criticism as figures showed his medics provided just 0.5 per cent of the 947,206 vaccinations given in the UK up until Sunday.

France has received 500,000 doses of the EU-approved Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, without considering Oxford University’s AstraZeneca jab.

But distribution was slowed to a crawl by red tape rules demanding the presence of a doctor and a separate consultation before each inoculation.

French Health Minister Olivier Véran admitted yesterday that the figures were unacceptable and the public was right to be outraged.
The EU was nearly a month late in passing the vaccine for use and then the individual states are making a bog of it.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:50   #2623
jfman
Architect of Ideas

You can't be "a month late" approving a process simply because other authorities covering other areas approved it sooner - potentially with a different threshold for authorisation.

France are clear making a hash of it but that doesn't make us "successful" and the more we spend looking down on them the longer our government get away with not taking up to the (I think) 2.34 million a week Boris needs for his latest bombastic target.

Unless of course those pesky Civil Servants are at it again...
Old 06-01-2021, 11:09   #2624
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You can't be "a month late" approving a process simply because other authorities covering other areas approved it sooner - potentially with a different threshold for authorisation.

France are clear making a hash of it but that doesn't make us "successful" and the more we spend looking down on them the longer our government get away with not taking up to the (I think) 2.34 million a week Boris needs for his latest bombastic target.

Unless of course those pesky Civil Servants are at it again...
Now now, you little stirrer.

As you we were ahead as we had a rolling assessment and approval process, nothing to do with any lesser thresholds......

However, success should be celebrated, because we both know if the shoe was on the other foot oooooh, the headlines, the failure, Brexit, the incompetence.......
Old 06-01-2021, 11:14   #2625
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I bet the civil service have something to do with it. If you have to have "Radicalisation" training to be able to register to give vaccines it's unlikely that that has come down from ministers. It could well be part of "normal" medical checks but it doesn't take too much sense to apply requirements suitable to the role, e.g. anaphylaxis, CPR, giving injections etc.

Part of the problem it tracking who has had what. It could be relatively easy to put a vaccination station in places where people flow through and jab those who need it but how do you deal with those who don't want it (yet), ensuring it's safe for the person, reacting to issues. Dentists and places like that would also be good, they are trained to give injections etc but all the other factors come into play.

(And don't forget you need the machine to activate the mind control chip and ensure it's working, they aren't cheap you know!)