Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2020

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2020
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 10:24   #991
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
Re: U.S Election 2020

I really don't think Trump has done a bad job until the COVID 19 hit which he has handled in a disgusting way, I do laugh at all the people getting on the I hate Trump bandwagon when they actually haven't seen his polices, pre covid the American economy had improved.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:26   #992
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
I really don't think Trump has done a bad job until the COVID 19 hit which he has handled in a disgusting way, I do laugh at all the people getting on the I hate Trump bandwagon when they actually haven't seen his polices, pre covid the American economy had improved.
It's not his policies for me, it's just him.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:28   #993
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Apparently this was being done anyway. It's also unlikely to matter as even without the count Biden will take the state.
No it wasn’t, if you check the order issued it was dated yesterday, a second intervention that is requesting separated ballots arriving late not be counted towards total. May also be subject to a mandatory recount, because Democrats lead by a Dementia patient have systematically cheated en masse by harvesting ballots and having dead people vote, why did they not allow poll watchers in, why did they board up windows to stop the public from seeing the count, and now we have the FBI involved in claims from a postal service worker who claims workers were ordered to backdate late arrived ballots, what a ****ing disgrace Democrats are. If Biden wins, he will be an illegitimate president.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:30   #994
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The thing is there is a big difference between what Trump and the RNC are saying and the legal suits they've so far issued.

I still think it's more political theatre than a substantial push so far.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it wasn’t, if you check the order issued it was dated yesterday, a second intervention that is requesting separated ballots arriving late not be counted towards total. May also be subject to a mandatory recount, because Democrats lead by a Dementia patient have systematically cheated en masse by harvesting ballots and having dead people vote, why did they not allow poll watchers in, why did they board up windows to stop the public from seeing the count, and now we have the FBI involved in claims from a postal service worker who claims workers were ordered to backdate late arrived ballots, what a ****ing disgrace Democrats are. If Biden wins, he will be an illegitimate president.
If this is all true they can prove it in court.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:36   #995
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Donald Trump needs to get his big boy trousers on and accept that the people have spoken and do his concession speech like presidents before him..
No, that’s bullshit. Trump has every right to ensure voter integrity, making sure cheating isn’t happening by the back door. there are massive issues here in play, happening by the corrupted Democrats led by dopey gaffe prone Joe.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:37   #996
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
It's not his policies for me, it's just him.
Yes but you can't not vote for someone because you don't like them but have the best policies, sure you'd rather have someone you don't like personally and has very good polices than someone you like and has bad policies, I don't like Boris but he had better polices than Corbyn.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:40   #997
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/us-pos...roject-veritas

This election is looking like the biggest fraud in human history ,it should definitely be scrutinised by the courts to ensure that democracy has not been stolen from the American people.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:43   #998
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The thing is there is a big difference between what Trump and the RNC are saying and the legal suits they've so far issued.

I still think it's more political theatre than a substantial push so far.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

If this is all true they can prove it in court.
It isn’t true and much of it has already been dealt with by the BBC’s fact checking team.

For example on the issue of screening windows, this was done at the request of the tellers sitting close to them who were feeling intimidated and distracted by the baying mob just a couple of feet behind them. Crucially, there were already well over a hundred poll watchers inside the venue at that time, so suggesting that the idea was to prevent the count being monitored is just nuts.

I’ve taken to reading Fox News over the past couple of days (I know ) because it’s useful to see how the most Trump-friendly outlet is seeing this. And I can see absolutely no hint of them making a big deal of the ruling in Pennsylvania.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:51   #999
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
No it wasn’t, if you check the order issued it was dated yesterday, a second intervention that is requesting separated ballots arriving late not be counted towards total.
From the 28th October
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ds/6054492002/
Quote:
WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court refused for a second time Wednesday to change Pennsylvania's election rules at the 11th hour, handing state Republicans a defeat in their effort to reimpose an Election Day deadline for the return of absentee ballots.
The unsigned order means that for now, ballots received by Nov. 6 will be counted. But ballots received after polls close on Tuesday will be segregated from those received earlier, and if the state turns out to be pivotal, the high court could consider the state GOP's challenge after the election.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:54   #1000
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No, that’s bullshit. Trump has every right to ensure voter integrity, making sure cheating isn’t happening by the back door. there are massive issues here in play, happening by the corrupted Democrats led by dopey gaffe prone Joe.
Strange how you only espouse the rule of democratic democracy when it suits your political agenda Mick.

Nice to see you always see the Democrats as corrupt but that flimsy statement does not seem to apply to your Republicans.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:55   #1001
Mick
Cable Forum Team

The Supreme Court made a fresh order last night, check the date of that order.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:58   #1002
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This is a good article on the actual legal battles the Trump campaign are having: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...lection-434360

There is a gap between the rhetoric and the stuff they actually want to test in court. Many of these accusations are specific and therefore they should be able to be proven if true.

I have no doubt there will be some disqualifying ballots. People who voted in the wrong state, people who didn't fill in the form wrong, people who cast a vote despite being a felon and so on. Many of these would be caught by the existing processes via the concept of a 'provisional ballot' but you get these problems in every election. It's completely different from the evidence of systemic and widespread fraud.

So I have no problem with Trump going to the courts on this. If it's not true it's not going to get anywhere and if it did turn out to be true then obviously that needs to be addressed. Also recounts are also perfectly fine and any campaign would request them if they lost by narrow margins.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:59   #1003
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The Supreme Court made a fresh order last night, check the date of that order.
Yes, it's a ruling that covers what they were already doing

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=7c7400ec3026

Quote:
Pennsylvania had already issued guidance to counties telling them to segregate their ballots and not include them in the vote count—which it did of its own volition, so that the GOP could not challenge every mail-in ballot if the ballots were combined—and the GOP admitted in their order that they did not have any evidence to suggest any counties were not complying with that guidance.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:01   #1004
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Strange how you only espouse the rule of democratic democracy when it suits your political agenda Mick.

Nice to see you always see the Democrats as corrupt but that flimsy statement does not seem to apply to your Republicans.
Absolute rubbish Den. I have no political agenda, and FYI, they are not my Republicans, I just don’t trust the Democrats, given their cheating efforts in 2016 as well when they paid for the Fake Russian dossier. I do have issues of cheating, you want fair elections Den?

All folk want to do here is deny Trump his right to question the absolute claims of cheating that appear to have been going on here.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:02   #1005
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
Yes but you can't not vote for someone because you don't like them but have the best policies, sure you'd rather have someone you don't like personally and has very good polices than someone you like and has bad policies, I don't like Boris but he had better polices than Corbyn.
I agree, people voted for Trump because he was different and not the usual conventional politician at the time, also he was up against Clinton. The positives was he shook things up but he's ended up a total clown. He was what was needed at the time but now he's just a joke. And now we're seeing his true colours.

Last edited by peanut; 07-11-2020 at 11:08.
Closed Thread