Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who

Old 09-07-2017, 21:13   #256
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Looks like the new Dr won't be Phoebe Waller-Bridge out of Fleabag then? Shame, she could have pulled it off.
Sounds a bit rude ! Should hope it isn't a woman to be politically incorrect. You've got to believe it's the same character, even if there's been a change. Don't think she'd convince me she'd once been William Hartnell.
Hopefully Colin Baker will make a comeback, he's a miserable old fart these days so will do nicely It's got to be someone old and ugly, might put myself up for it...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2017, 06:56   #257
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Word is they were hoping to gauge the public reaction to Missy as an indication of how receptive fans might be to a female Doctor.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:14   #258
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Word is they were hoping to gauge the public reaction to Missy as an indication of how receptive fans might be to a female Doctor.
Yes good character, but not the Master for me.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 06:17   #259
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Looks like well know who it is soon enough.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40608669
Quote:
The identity of Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord will be revealed followingthe Wimbledon men's singles tennis final on Sunday, the BBC has announced.
Old 15-07-2017, 11:10   #260
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Really hope it isn't Kris Marshal. I don't know who they could cast but I am hoping it's an ambitious casting that indicates some risk and change of direction for the series. Kris Marshal comes across as someone who would nail the jovial, comedic, nature of the show rather than add a darker tone with some more depth. Ben Whishaw would be better IMO.

Looking at the odds there is a surprisingly strong odds for Jodie Whittaker, joint favourite with Kris Marshall. Would be out of left-field a bit.

Last edited by Damien; 15-07-2017 at 11:17.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:34   #261
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I honestly think from seeing his acting that Kris could also pull off dark and menacing if required.

I am hoping they stick with a male actor for the role. I have no problems with the master/missy but for me I would want the Doctor to stay male.
Old 15-07-2017, 23:59   #262
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

13th Doctor who reveal trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDJlNzrCs7c
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 11:05   #263
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Jodie Whittaker is now heavy favourite......
Old 16-07-2017, 11:54   #264
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Don't want to appear sexist, but if the Dr changes to a woman it will kill the show stone dead. In my opinion of course.
Old 16-07-2017, 12:04   #265
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

As I've said before I think it depends how well they do it. Kris Marshall would be the safer choice because even if it doesn't work people will shrug it off but if they cast a woman in the role and it doesn't work it will be seen as a bigger mistake.

But in theory there is little about the show that wouldn't work with a female Doctor. It's not like James Bond where there are parts of the character that relate to being a man. What really changes? As long as they don't make the whole show about her being a woman now then it could work as well/badly any other actor.

It's still likely to be Marshall IMO. If this sudden surge on betting on Jodie Whittaker were based on something it would have enough momentum for bookies to suspend the market.

Last edited by Damien; 16-07-2017 at 12:14.
Old 16-07-2017, 14:56   #266
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Don't want to appear sexist, but if the Dr changes to a woman it will kill the show stone dead. In my opinion of course.
I have to agree with you here, I would probably give up on it,.
I think many others would as well, and given its ratings in the last 2 years, it doesnt need fans deserting it.

As far as I'm concerned, "The Doctor" is a man, and changing that would just be change for the sake of pc, not the show.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 16:28   #267
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It's her...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 16:29   #268
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I'm out. Sherlock's probably the last thing I have worth watching on BBC now.
Old 16-07-2017, 16:29   #269
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Hmmmmmmm

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 16:30   #270
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Hmmmm. Think I'm out till the next regeneration.