Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 24-12-2012, 11:57   #16
tizmeinnit

Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
A little thread just for fun.

Name or list what was have you just bought or have just ordered.

I have just ordered
*Sony STRDH520 AV Receiver - Black x 2
Ive got that Amp

just bought a Galaxy Note 10.1
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2012, 12:05   #17
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Ive got that Amp
Any good? Ive read reviews and looks good. I liking the fact i can have HD audio when it arrives. What should i know about it before hand, can you PM me so we dont go off topic?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 12:30   #18
tizmeinnit

its a good Amp for the money very easy to set up. Does your tv have an ARC HDMI port? if so you will want to use it as the amp then will passthrough HDMI while still in a low power state and only fully switches on when you want to use the amp for audio. The HDMI switch in it is also the only switch I have used that actually works

what did you pay?
Old 24-12-2012, 12:42   #19
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
its a good Amp for the money very easy to set up. Does your tv have an ARC HDMI port? if so you will want to use it as the amp then will passthrough HDMI while still in a low power state and only fully switches on when you want to use the amp for audio. The HDMI switch in it is also the only switch I have used that actually works

what did you pay?
Payed £160 each. I didnt know the TV had to have ARC HDMI port as i thought the AMP did all that no matter what. The Tv's that it will be used on are a few years old. The reviews i read didnt mention it had to be on TV's that had a ARC HDMI port.

It looks a good AMP thou, nice and sleek. Far better than the AMP i had before
Old 24-12-2012, 13:05   #20
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes we got to our local Sainsburys at 6 and there were already at least 200 people there and they were pouring into the car park relentlessly as we got into the supermarket.

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Yes indeed it is a bit pathetic selling Easter things before Christmas has even ended.
Ended ~ it hasn't even started yet
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 13:07   #21
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
Ended ~ it hasn't even started yet
It will in a few hours. Roll on 26th Decemeber. Xmas can then be all over
Old 24-12-2012, 13:29   #22
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It will in a few hours. Roll on 26th Decemeber. Xmas can then be all over
What's your middle name? Grinch??
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 13:39   #23
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
What's your middle name? Grinch??
Today it is yes. I even put on my FB status "I have canceled xmas so tomorrow is just another day"

I dont like xmas. It should be cancelled. Ill email the PM and get it cancelled me thinks
Old 24-12-2012, 13:45   #24
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Today it is yes. I even put on my FB status "I have canceled xmas so tomorrow is just another day"

I dont like xmas. It should be cancelled. Ill email the PM and get it cancelled me thinks
Sure, give it a go - let me know his response.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 13:46   #25
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

sweet thing from sainsbury...couch potato for xmas and boxing day
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 13:51   #26
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
Sure, give it a go - let me know his response.
I will
Old 24-12-2012, 13:53   #27
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

500 gig external hard drive

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 09:03   #28
nstokes
Inactive

A can of Red Bull and a cup of tea
Old 28-12-2012, 16:01   #29
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Shower curtain
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 16:39   #30
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Waiting on a new mattress and a wok

http://www.very.co.uk/sealy-annivers...totalResults=1

and

http://www.tesco.com/direct/ken-hom-...skuId=205-3683

At this rate, I don't think the Wok will arrive, as it's due to be delivered by Yodel/HDN
See - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22...yodel-hdn.html
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote