Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky channels

Old 07-01-2021, 21:48   #1
andrewshearman
cf.member

andrewshearman is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky channels

i have got the full package on virgin are we getting sky cinema and sky sports sky one and sky atlantic 4k

Andrew
andrewshearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2021, 22:12   #2
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: sky channels

It was announced a while back that the UHD services will be added in 2020.

Sky Atlantic hasn’t been hinted in any way of appearing unfortunately
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 22:54   #3
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewshearman View Post
i have got the full package on virgin are we getting sky cinema and sky sports sky one and sky atlantic 4k

Andrew

If you like good drama's etc, then get yourself a Now TV stick, Andrew, subscribe to the entertainment package for approx £1.60 per month and you'll get Atlantic.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 23:09   #4
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
If you like good drama's etc, then get yourself a Now TV stick, Andrew, subscribe to the entertainment package for approx £1.60 per month and you'll get Atlantic.
How do you get it for £1.60 a month

It’s £9.99 a month
Old 07-01-2021, 23:48   #5
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Max ffs

There’s no guarantee anyone will get it that cheap on Now TV but threatening to cancel usually results in an offer. I’m currently £3.99.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 00:58   #6
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Max ffs

There’s no guarantee anyone will get it that cheap on Now TV but threatening to cancel usually results in an offer. I’m currently £3.99.

I know, I know They just keep sending me emails when my current deal is about to expire offering it to me at the ridiculous price of £1.60, see mail below.

Hi,

We hope you’re enjoying your Entertainment Month Pass.

We wanted to remind you that your current offer will shortly be coming to an end. But as a thank you for choosing NOW TV, we’ve automatically extended your offer on your Entertainment Month Pass for the next 6 months, so you’ll pay just £1.60pm (instead of £9.99).

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
How do you get it for £1.60 a month

It’s £9.99 a month
Jfman is probably correct about maybe having to pay the full price to start off with, but, a friend of mine just started with them but refused to pay the full £9.99 so they offered it to him for, I think, about £3.50 per month, he obviously took this deal, so there is room for negotiating with them, you just do it via their online chat system, most use the excuse that they cannot afford it and when they do they're offered it at a lower price.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:28   #7
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I think, about £3.50 per month, he obviously took this deal, so there is room for negotiating with them, you just do it via their online chat system, most use the excuse that they cannot afford it and when they do they're offered it at a lower price.
Cheers MadMax - cracking deals to be had.

I have enough channels with ultimate oomph and although would like Atlantic it’s not a deal breaker any more, especially after the end of Game of Thrones - not that we want to talk about that haha.
Old 08-01-2021, 16:25   #8
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

My strategy was always to buy 6 month passes when they were vouchers, or new boxes inc. vouchers usually cheaper than the monthly total of 6 months subscription.

The vouchers seem to have dried up with enabled sticks the new version which has meant I’ve reverted to just paying monthly but less than the RRP.
Old 08-01-2021, 23:59   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
My strategy was always to buy 6 month passes when they were vouchers, or new boxes inc. vouchers usually cheaper than the monthly total of 6 months subscription.

The vouchers seem to have dried up with enabled sticks the new version which has meant I’ve reverted to just paying monthly but less than the RRP.
They don't have packed in codes these days, is that right? The enabled sticks have the vouchers preloaded on them, yes jfman?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 00:55   #10
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
They don't have packed in codes these days, is that right? The enabled sticks have the vouchers preloaded on them, yes jfman?
Yes, although you can use these with an existing account and they apply the preloaded vouchers automatically.
Old 09-01-2021, 20:31   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Yes, although you can use these with an existing account and they apply the preloaded vouchers automatically.
Glad to hear you can still potentially gift the device to a relative/friend. I did that a year or so ago with a reduced to clear offer and the box has come in handy for my relatives during lockdown(s).
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote