Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 26-07-2013, 22:18   #2716
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
Is this right ?

10 million+ TV customers and only 2.7 M HD boxes?

How long have these been available ? 7/8 years?
No its not correct there's over 4.5 million HD boxes the 2.7 million figure is the amount who've connected their STB to the internet for the Sky On Demand service.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2013, 12:22   #2717
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
No its not correct there's over 4.5 million HD boxes the 2.7 million figure is the amount who've connected their STB to the internet for the Sky On Demand service.
That explains it, thought it was on the low side.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 21:26   #2718
bthodgson
Inactive

Services: VM 20 Broadband, VM XL TV, Sky Sports Pack, TiVo 500GB VM XL Phone
bthodgson is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had VM call me tonight out of the blue and said they are upgrading my broadband from 20 Mb to 60Mb at no extra charge. There was no mention of having to sign up to another 12 months either. Timing seems a bit suss for this with it being so close to BT sport starting. Anyone else had this happen?
bthodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 05:38   #2719
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthodgson View Post
Just had VM call me tonight out of the blue and said they are upgrading my broadband from 20 Mb to 60Mb at no extra charge. There was no mention of having to sign up to another 12 months either. Timing seems a bit suss for this with it being so close to BT sport starting. Anyone else had this happen?
I don't think they've sold a 20 mb product for a few years now so it's probably just an attempt to get customers on current products.
Old 28-07-2013, 10:23   #2720
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

As soon as my green box had been upgraded to the new hardware I phoned up and asked to have my speed doubled from 50 to 100, I asked will this invoke a new contract and was told categorically no because it was a promised free upgrade.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:03   #2721
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Just looking through the ESPN/HD listings on the Sky EPG and quite frankly I may not even bother subscribing to BT Sport , with the loss of ESPN America the whole package has been devalued for my needs. ESPN which appears to be the only channel going forward what contains US Sport has to share the time with AFL , Football and other things so the choice of US Sport is the lowest its ever been. For the amount of EPL games I'll watch on it £12 seems a little overpriced.
Old 28-07-2013, 11:31   #2722
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Just looking through the ESPN/HD listings on the Sky EPG and quite frankly I may not even bother subscribing to BT Sport , with the loss of ESPN America the whole package has been devalued for my needs. ESPN which appears to be the only channel going forward what contains US Sport has to share the time with AFL , Football and other things so the choice of US Sport is the lowest its ever been. For the amount of EPL games I'll watch on it £12 seems a little overpriced.
that was my suspicion too as they don't have a dedicated channel to US sports.
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 11:57   #2723
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
well MM mate you can always come back to good side when bomber proved right
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 12:01   #2724
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
well MM you can always come back to good side when bomber proved right
Well that will be the biggest U Turn in history as thy most revered master has always said he is not for turning to the land of the great and the good.
Old 28-07-2013, 12:11   #2725
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I cancelled sports/movie package at the end of last season and don't think I'll be reinstating them. Next to go will TV XL which I'll probably downgrade to TV M+.

Back to Match of the Day for me.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 12:20   #2726
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well that will be the biggest U Turn in history as thy most revered master has always said he is not for turning to the land of the great and the good.
Actually (if you ignore the obvious error of "great and good"), MM has said he would happily go to Virgin, he views quality of product alongside price as key determinants.

So we have, logical reason coupled with assessing all products benefits (muppetman) versus blind loyalty and myopic attitude (den)

wow..you convinced me Den, you must be right
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 12:23   #2727
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
well MM mate you can always come back to good side when bomber proved right
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My next move will likely be Youview (already have a box) and a combination of streaming services , the pay TV services are becoming too expensive and are getting harder to justify value for money.
Old 28-07-2013, 12:26   #2728
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Actually (if you ignore the obvious error of "great and good"), MM has said he would happily go to Virgin, he views quality of product alongside price as key determinants.

So we have, logical reason coupled with assessing all products benefits (muppetman) versus blind loyalty and myopic attitude (den)

wow..you convinced me Den, you must be right
l for one have never had blind loyalty but alas previous experience's tell me its better the devil you know rather then jump from the frying pan into the fire as some people do for a cheaper price as they can often find it can backfire and bite you back in the face
Old 28-07-2013, 12:32   #2729
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
My next move will likely be Youview (already have a box) and a combination of streaming services , the pay TV services are becoming too expensive and are getting harder to justify value for money.
well there is always offers on MM as you know but your so right mate prices getting ridiculous now
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 12:41   #2730
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:

Have to say that I've been mulling over the same options as a possibility for the future. Using Unblockus alongside Netflix also gives me access to the free version of Hulu, which gives access to the main US network shows a couple of days after they have aired. I'd happily pay the $8 p/m for the Hulu Plus version if I could.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote