Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The future of virgin mobile...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

The future of virgin mobile...

Old 21-09-2022, 23:14   #46
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all
Re: The future of virgin mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Silly question could just be were you are , had Vodafone and it was rubbish now have Tesco (o2) which is great
I travel around a fair bit for work, and admittedly there are some places it seems alright. But there seem to be a lot more worse areas than good. Speaking to a few others on Virgin Mobile, and they are seeing similar issues.

I live in a relatively big city, and I was in the centre a few days ago, and it was in useable. A message over iMessage took a good 15 mins to send even though I had signal and also 4G.

A few weeks ago I was sat in one spot, and it was constantly changing between 5G,4G and 3G.

Also seems to connect to 3G an awful lot, which was very rare whilst using the EE and Vodafone networks.

Certainly seems to me there are serious widespread issues with the o2 network. In typical VM fashion I can’t see them admitting to any issues though!
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2022, 19:47   #47
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: The future of virgin mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
I travel around a fair bit for work, and admittedly there are some places it seems alright. But there seem to be a lot more worse areas than good. Speaking to a few others on Virgin Mobile, and they are seeing similar issues.

I live in a relatively big city, and I was in the centre a few days ago, and it was in useable. A message over iMessage took a good 15 mins to send even though I had signal and also 4G.

A few weeks ago I was sat in one spot, and it was constantly changing between 5G,4G and 3G.

Also seems to connect to 3G an awful lot, which was very rare whilst using the EE and Vodafone networks.

Certainly seems to me there are serious widespread issues with the o2 network. In typical VM fashion I can’t see them admitting to any issues though!
In North Cardiff , can't really claim to move around the country that much . Have a different SIM when in France or states. Still have PAYG on old phone with Vodafone and it's rubbish just tried them 5 bars Tesco * none Vodafone , * guess it makes no difference that it's Tesco and not Virgin as both O2 or is that incorrect