Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Are v6 unsafe ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Are v6 unsafe ?

Old 03-06-2020, 19:33   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Are v6 unsafe ?

YThis morning my v6 while working normally and with no one else in the house . froze and then said you have not subscribed too this channel it was CNN so tried bbc same message. Rebooted it started up again couple of minutes later it did it again so looked at ]code lose cable no they are not .but box was very very warm
Hot even turned off.hour later a cooler it works fine. Could it be fire hazard ?. Failed to get ay joy via virgin phone or e mail
Old 03-06-2020, 20:11   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: are v6 unsafe

If a V6 overheats, it will shut itself down with a message on the screen that you really can't miss:

So it probably wasn't overheating. But it won't hurt to make sure the vents aren't blocked.

Even if a fire did break out inside the box, they are designed so that the flames would be contained in the case.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 21:06   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Useful screenshot that spiderplant. Thanks.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 13:20   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Are v6 unsafe ?

Box died got to speak to virgin in the end new box on way. Living on sky go, and smart TV choices .starting to wonder if I really need a box at all!
Old 05-06-2020, 13:23   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
If a V6 overheats, it will shut itself down with a message on the screen that you really can't miss:

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

So it probably wasn't overheating. But it won't hurt to make sure the vents aren't blocked.

Even if a fire did break out inside the box, they are designed so that the flames would be contained in the case.
Amazed i haven't had this. My V6 in the bedroom is tucked away in a cosy draw (though i have knocked a small air vent in the back if drawers. I'm in big trouble with Mrs K if we move and she sees it ! )
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 13:42   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Amazed i haven't had this. My V6 in the bedroom is tucked away in a cosy draw (though i have knocked a small air vent in the back if drawers. I'm in big trouble with Mrs K if we move and she sees it ! )
Should keep the undies warm and toastie for use in the winter.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 15:52   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Box died got to speak to virgin in the end new box on way. Living on sky go, and smart TV choices .starting to wonder if I really need a box at all!
If you have a Firestick sideload CinemaHD app on it and get all movies and TV shows, takes 5mins to install.
Old 05-06-2020, 18:20   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
If you have a Firestick sideload CinemaHD app on it and get all movies and TV shows, takes 5mins to install.
So a buy a fire stick . Then what other cost would there be? Should said also have Netflix which is for me more than fine on smart TV . A single button gets me straight on. Very rarely do l look at Amazon infact looking to let it go!
Old 05-06-2020, 18:28   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So a buy a fire stick
That sounds a lot more dangerous than your V6
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 19:28   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
So a buy a fire stick . Then what other cost would there be? Should said also have Netflix which is for me more than fine on smart TV . A single button gets me straight on. Very rarely do l look at Amazon infact looking to let it go!
No cost, it is just a very easy way to watch stuff, think Kodi with no setup or sign up, I can message a webpage explaining the easy install if you want.
Old 06-06-2020, 00:49   #11
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
No cost, it is just a very easy way to watch stuff, think Kodi with no setup or sign up, I can message a webpage explaining the easy install if you want.
Would also installing/using a VPN be advised?

Last edited by Huxie; 06-06-2020 at 00:55.
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:00   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I never bother.
Old 06-06-2020, 13:03   #13
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
not sure what I would gain .smart TV gives all the channel's I want with the plus of getting Netflix a lot easier than via the v6 .Only wish I could get sky go with it! Can add now TV if I wanted to as of now I haven't bothered . Anyway will look at it not sure I want to give Amazon more than I have too!

Last edited by Hugh; 06-06-2020 at 14:00.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote