Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Right To Cancel Virgin Mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Right To Cancel Virgin Mobile

Old 08-02-2011, 19:13   #1
westmount
Inactive

westmount is an unknown quantity at this point
Post The Right To Cancel Virgin Mobile

Do i have the right to cancel my Pay Monthly account

I started a 18 month account with virgin mobile on the 10/12/2010

From that day until today 08/02/2011 i have been unable to access my monthley allowance either through the webpage or from my phones 789 process

I raised this with Virgin on the day I recived the phone and tryed it.

each week i raised it i was told it was a system problem and that it would be resolved shortly

Now i have totaly lost the will to live with this company and i requesd to cancel today on the grounds i am still unable to get my account information

I was told that due to the fact the 28 days had passed i could not cancel without paying an exit cost to get out of the contract.

I told him i had given virgin every chance to resolve the problem but 7 weeks + its still not working.

Do you think i can get out of this contract

I dont want something for nothing but i dont want to pay for getting out of this poor service

I can cancel my Direct Debit but i dont want to go down this line as it will probably just create letters and bad credit rubbish for me.

Any advise would be great

Thanks

Best Regards
Westmount
westmount is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2011, 19:38   #2
cripsy1
Inactive

cripsy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Right To Cancel Virgin Mobile

surely that would come under the sale of good act ,if what you paid for is not fit for purpose you would have the right to cancel ,suggest you write to them to give them the notice that as they cannot fix this you wish to cancel the contract ,and give them say 7 days to fix it .keep copies good luck .alan
cripsy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 19:47   #3
westmount
Inactive

You would think so wouldant you

They say the service is working as i can send and recieve calls so they do not see any problem

The problem is i to date have never known how much of the mins i have used so i may go over my quota

Its only a basic package
Old 08-02-2011, 20:36   #4
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

You have not said why you cannot access your account, is it email address or password that is the problem. I had a minor problem on the day I joined as I could not open my account and it was a typing error by virgin that stopped my access. My password was spelt differently to the way I spell it, one word with two different ways of spelling, rectified immediately when I phoned so cant understand how your 8 weeks into the problem and still no solution.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 20:40   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
You have not said why you cannot access your account, is it email address or password that is the problem. I had a minor problem on the day I joined as I could not open my account and it was a typing error by virgin that stopped my access. My password was spelt differently to the way I spell it, one word with two different ways of spelling, rectified immediately when I phoned so cant understand how your 8 weeks into the problem and still no solution.
indeed and also to add that as soon as you dial789 the first thing you get is how many miniuts/texts you have before it goes to the menu
Old 08-02-2011, 22:11   #6
westmount
Inactive

Post Re: The Right To Cancel Virgin Mobile

Sorry

The error is linked to their systems, I can log on noto the site without any problems

But i always get the same page

If i access 789 on my phone and request how much credit i have used it says oops we are having a tec problem the same.

OOPS...

We're having a few technical problems at the moment. Our team are onto it and we're working as fast as we can to fix it.
LIKE TO BUY A PHONE OR SPEAK TO A MEMBER OF OUR SALES TEAM?

For the latest Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go deals, just give the team a call on 0845 6000 070 and they'll be happy to help.
IF YOU'VE GOT ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FOR OUR TEAM

Give us a call on 0845 6000 789 (789 from a Virgin Mobile phone) or send an email to theteam@virginmobile.com. We're here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We'll have things up and running again just as soon as we can.

The team
Virgin Mobile

Virgin have agreed they have a problem with my account and have done since it stsrted it.

so basicly at any point i have no indication of my credit balance and i dont know if i am going to start getting charged for going over.

Hope this helps clarify the problem

Regards

Westmount
Old 08-02-2011, 22:20   #7
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by westmount View Post
Sorry

The error is linked to their systems, I can log on noto the site without any problems

But i always get the same page

If i access 789 on my phone and request how much credit i have used it says oops we are having a tec problem the same.

OOPS...

We're having a few technical problems at the moment. Our team are onto it and we're working as fast as we can to fix it.
LIKE TO BUY A PHONE OR SPEAK TO A MEMBER OF OUR SALES TEAM?

For the latest Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go deals, just give the team a call on 0845 6000 070 and they'll be happy to help.
IF YOU'VE GOT ANY OTHER QUESTIONS FOR OUR TEAM

Give us a call on 0845 6000 789 (789 from a Virgin Mobile phone) or send an email to theteam@virginmobile.com. We're here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We'll have things up and running again just as soon as we can.

The team
Virgin Mobile

Virgin have agreed they have a problem with my account and have done since it stsrted it.

so basicly at any point i have no indication of my credit balance and i dont know if i am going to start getting charged for going over.

Hope this helps clarify the problem

Regards

Westmount
i would say you have a definate case for cancelling ,but would you be happy doing that if they corrected the problem ,might it be worth while persevering ,i do find the service very good and generally does exactly what it says on the tin
Old 08-02-2011, 22:52   #8
westmount
Inactive

Post Re: The Right To Cancel Virgin Mobile

I have just lost all faith in the company and to be told i can not cancel it just placed iceing on the cake

Its funny as i was going to purchase a second phone for my wife through them but this just wound me up as i felt it was a bullying tactic

It felt like
Sorry but you will just have to deal with it untill it is resolved as your now tied in with us due to the 28 day thing

I dont care if i am with them or not

I can go back to orrange that i was with for 12 years+

wish i had stayed with them
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39   #9
woody39
Inactive

Services: XL tv, Tivo 1TB and Tivo 500GB 20Mb - hub
woody39 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in a similar situation as you (same error messages) since changing my daughter's contract. Had no joy from the Indian call centre but after sending an email to 'TheTeam' a very helpful woman from customer services called me, she said she had passed the problem to their technical team but in the mean time credited the account with some minute/texts/data allowance which does show up on the website/789. Still waiting for the fix from the technical people though.
woody39 is offline   Reply With Quote