Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2003, 23:09   #106
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
What towny was getting at was the derisory comment 'some idiot'. You just don't realise that your being so insulting do you ?
Thanks, you saved me trying to explain it again. I was trying to be nice.
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2003, 23:10   #107
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

The bit I don't get is that everywhere I go I tend to get good deals or people have been nice to me. For some reason I do not get the level of service I'm accustomed to with NTL.
Old 13-11-2003, 23:14   #108
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

No-one has ever denied that NTL's CS has had problems. We agree with you on that. Only 9 people out of 54 have voted that they have 'never' had any trouble.
Old 13-11-2003, 23:17   #109
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
Shady memory me think

I see, be nice to these people and get lower compensation. Thanks but no thanks.
so your ethos is not how good/bad NTL CS is - but how much compensation you can get?

- if you get away with it. then good luck

Old 13-11-2003, 23:40   #110
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
so your ethos is not how good/bad NTL CS is - but how much compensation you can get?

- if you get away with it. then good luck
My ethos is simply this: Good customer care, quality products at lower cost. Second best is not for me!
Old 13-11-2003, 23:43   #111
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
My ethos is simply this: Good customer care, quality products at lower cost. If I don't get it then I expect compensation!
ok maybe its me being a but if you are seriously that unhappy then cancel ur ntl or do something about it for crying out loud
Old 13-11-2003, 23:54   #112
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I see, be nice to these people and get lower compensation. Thanks but no thanks.
so you are admitting you are not 'nice' to csa's when you call then? simply to ge the most out of them you can? and you wonder why you seem to be able to get little out of them??

if someone was a right ba*tard to me on the phone, id be polite, to the point and do no more than i absolutley had to. someone is nice - hell, even normal - id do whatever i could for them, including bending a few rules
to get it sorted...... a lesson for ya perhaps....
Old 13-11-2003, 23:54   #113
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
ok maybe its me being a but if you are seriously that unhappy then cancel ur ntl or do something about it for crying out loud
It was not me that chose NTL but NTL had bought my franchise area out and offered poor customer services in return. As a customer I have every right to voice my dissatisfaction in the way NTL has managed their affairs in provided me a supposed service.

I've tried to cancel my services and have been offered retention deals which I have accepted. However, there will be a time when I will cancel my service altogether with NTL. Thanks to BT for saving a small fortune on my telephone bill, this actually finance my NTL package.
Old 13-11-2003, 23:58   #114
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It was not me that chose NTL but NTL had bought my franchise area out and offered poor customer services in return. As a customer I have every right to voice my dissatisfaction in the way NTL has managed their affairs in provided me a supposed service.

I've tried to cancel my services and have been offered retention deals which I have accepted. However, there will be a time when I will cancel my service altogether with NTL. Thanks to BT for saving a small fortune on my telephone bill, this actually finance my NTL package.
yes u have every right to be dissatisfied with the service, but if i was you and i had such a problem about their CS i would write a strongly worded letter to the MD and i would cancel my contract regardless of the fact that they offered me deals......if its the tv you will miss, well get sky or digital, if its the BB u obviously already have BT get BT BB........

or you could just continue to bemoan the service you get.....your choice really
Old 13-11-2003, 23:58   #115
homealone

Quote:
My ethos is simply this: Good customer care, quality products at lower cost. Second best is not for me!
I should have known - sorry udt I thought you were a bloke - my mistake. lol.

Old 14-11-2003, 00:02   #116
Munkeh
Inactive

Services: None
Munkeh is on a distinguished roadMunkeh is on a distinguished road

well.. apart from the long hold times (i did call the day the bill arrived.. which was probably a mistake..) they have always been polite and sorted out my problems immediately.

I've had a fair few worse telephone customer service experiences from other companies too be sure!
Old 14-11-2003, 00:03   #117
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
yes u have every right to be dissatisfied with the service, but if i was you and i had such a problem about their CS i would write a strongly worded letter to the MD and i would cancel my contract regardless of the fact that they offered me deals......if its the tv you will miss, well get sky or digital, if its the BB u obviously already have BT get BT BB........

or you could just continue to bemoan the service you get.....your choice really
Thanks for your advice but I'm capable of making my own decisions and what is best for me.
Old 14-11-2003, 00:06   #118
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Thanks for your advice but I'm capable of making my own decisions and what is best for me.
i am sure you are........and i also forgot that you hate taking advice, my bad
Old 14-11-2003, 00:06   #119
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I noticed something interesting in the poll above. Out of 5 people that (AFAIK) are NTL employees and voted, only one voted that he/she had no trouble with the service.

3 voted generally OK, and one agreed with UDT that it is 50/50
Old 14-11-2003, 00:08   #120
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

I've had good experiences and bad with NTL CS but UDT at the end of the day coming to a site like this or .com and relentlessly whining and crying and throwing your dummy out of the pram will get you nowhere.
Annoying other members or posting derisory remarks about them will just make people ignore you or post just to have a go at you.
Closed Thread