Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2003, 16:18   #196
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
PEM, it is obvious you have problems with your conclusions. It is either that or you completely misguided.
Obvious to who exactly ? Please assume that it is not obvious and explain the problem in my conclusion.

Misguided about what ? Please explain instead of making one line comments that don't actually say anything.

Baby, I was born this way.
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2003, 17:22   #197
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Actually, that does not apply to me.

If you were astute, which you are not, you would of realised I'm the type of person who would expect a decent level of service or materialised goods. I do not wish to be dragged down by people used to second best. Second best s not or me. I don't care what other people think of me as they are usually wrong in any case.

So Bexy, another psychological problem are those who drag people down to their level. Usually, these people are of the envious nature, tend to live second rate lives, work in second rate jobs, have second rate looks.....
Clever... So, without knowing bexy (or having dealt with her apart from on these forums) you have deduced she has a crap degree, has crap looks, works in a second rate job and has a second rate life. You must be Psychic. (BTW, I have met bexy and none of what you said about her is true)

Funny how you claim she drags other people down to her level because of the above. Are you not doing the same?

Also it is odd that "second best is not for me" (well, you) and yet you have paid for NTL for years, despite getting a second rate service from them. I know you said that the savings you make from using BT pay for your NTL stuff, but it still costs you because if you didn't use the savings to pay for NTL, you could use them for something else.
Old 15-11-2003, 17:30   #198
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by scastle
Clever... So, without knowing bexy (or having dealt with her apart from on these forums) you have deduced she has a crap degree, has crap looks, works in a second rate job and has a second rate life. You must be Psychic. (BTW, I have met bexy and none of what you said about her is true)

Funny how you claim she drags other people down to her level because of the above. Are you not doing the same?

Also it is odd that "second best is not for me" (well, you) and yet you have paid for NTL for years, despite getting a second rate service from them. I know you said that the savings you make from using BT pay for your NTL stuff, but it still costs you because if you didn't use the savings to pay for NTL, you could use them for something else.
thank you stu
Old 15-11-2003, 17:36   #199
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I have never met Bexy and wouldn't dream of making remarks like that about someone I had never met. I like to think my parents raised me to respect other people. UDT, you should put aside your pride and offer Bexy an apology.
Old 15-11-2003, 17:46   #200
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Well like scastle I have met bexy - and a very nice person she is too.
I cannot believe that UDT is using this thread to have a go at anyone who dares to question his biased stance against NTL and make derogatory personal comments against fellow forum members when all we are trying to do is share our experiences - good or bad - of the company!
I think UDT should apologise too.
(Awaits flaming from the biased one)
Old 15-11-2003, 17:49   #201
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

UDT will never apologise though.
Old 15-11-2003, 18:07   #202
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

Quote:

I'm not trying to be clever, scastle, I've given a view as I see it. In any case, Bexy tried to give a psychological profile and I simply gave her an alternative view. Again, there is a question of parity? Is it okay for Bexy to do it and not me? I suggest to Bexy to refrain from making references to me, either directly or indirectly as my answers appears to give her more anxieties. This advice could also be extended to a minority of people on this thread.

I was proud to be a customer of Videotron. It is not my fault subsequent companies has a given me a lower standard of services at more expensive prices.

I will terminate my service with NTL when my retention deal has ended. I'm considering moving moving to a new home, so I'm not willing to make a change just yet.
Old 15-11-2003, 18:09   #203
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Actually, that does not apply to me.

If you were astute, which you are not, you would of realised I'm the type of person who would expect a decent level of service or materialised goods. I do not wish to be dragged down by people used to second best. Second best s not or me. I don't care what other people think of me as they are usually wrong in any case.

So Bexy, another psychological problem are those who drag people down to their level. Usually, these people are of the envious nature, tend to live second rate lives, work in second rate jobs, have second rate looks.....
You know I am trying so hard to reply to your post in a controlled fashion but you have launched yet another personal attack on a member of this forum. Unfortunately you chose a friend of mine to attack openly and blatantly. UDT you are one stupid, ignorant, arrogant, dumb*ss troll. (apologies to mods and admins, you may PM and slap my wrist if you feel the need)
You were so quick to point out that personal attacks on forum members are against the rules yet you seem to think those rules are not for you to follow. I suggested you post freely in a CONSTRUCTIVE fashion, I now see you are unable to post anything other than drivel or bile.
An apology would be a good idea.
Old 15-11-2003, 18:18   #204
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I'm not trying to be clever, scastle, I've given a view as I see it. In any case, Bexy tried to give a psychological profile and I simply gave her an alternative view. Again, there is a question of parity? Is it okay for Bexy to do it and not me? I suggest to Bexy to refrain from making references to me, either directly or indirectly as my answers appears to give her more anxieties. This advice could also be extended to a minority of people on this thread.

i have never meet you, but it seems to me that you like to give out crap and you hate it when anyone questions you
your replies do not give me anxieties, i know myself and my friends on the forum and elsewhere know me, and they have blatantly come to my defence here, i dont see anyone sticking up for you...

Old 15-11-2003, 18:19   #205
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Can someone point out to me to where I attacked Bexy? I'm simply gave my own version of a psychological profile. I think the problem here, is not what I wrote but what people imagine. As Bexy regularly get things wrong, it is natural for me to use the 'astute' word or in her case - not.
Old 15-11-2003, 18:26   #206
Bex
Inactive

Quote:
Can someone point out to me to where I attacked Bexy? I'm simply gave my own version of a psychological profile. I think the problem here, is not what I wrote but what people imagine. As Bexy regularly get things wrong, it is natural for me to use the 'astute' word or in her case - not.
FFS maybe if you put bluddy better punctuation in your posts, and actually made sense i wouldnt be able to mis-interprete them

why don't you go and troll somewhere else and give us all a bleedin break

edit: sorry i keep forgetting that it is all of us are wrong, and king udt over there is right...well be bow before your mighty wisdom and knowledge and advanced cs skills
Old 15-11-2003, 18:31   #207
Stuart
-

Quote:

I was proud to be a customer of Videotron. It is not my fault subsequent companies has a given me a lower standard of services at more expensive prices.

I will terminate my service with NTL when my retention deal has ended. I'm considering moving moving to a new home, so I'm not willing to make a change just yet.
When you say Parity, does that mean that everyone is treated fairly, or that everyone agrees with you, because, judging by your posts, you would favour the second option.

No one is saying it is your fault that NTL took over Videotron and gave you a crap service. What is your fault is that you accepted this service. Yes, you have complained, but you didn't leave the service and so have been paying NTL to give you a crap service for years.

If I were in your position, I would have left NTL long ago and not accept a retention deal.

And, sorry UDT, your posts were far more offensive than bexy's.
Old 15-11-2003, 18:34   #208
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
How about the line
"So Bexy, another psychological problem are those who drag people down to their level. Usually, these people are of the envious nature, tend to live second rate lives, work in second rate jobs, have second rate looks....."

Now who do you think we will "assume" you are aiming that at?
And then

"As Bexy regularly get things wrong, it is natural for me to use the 'astute' word or in her case - not."

It's natural for us to use a few words in your case UDT but I'm afraid I'm to nice to post them here.
Old 15-11-2003, 18:34   #209
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Where did you attack bexy, UDT??????

I'll give you a clue!!

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showp...&postcount=192

Try that!
Old 15-11-2003, 18:36   #210
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
FFS maybe if you put bluddy better punctuation in your posts, and actually made sense i wouldnt be able to mis-interprete them

why don't you go and troll somewhere else and give us all a bleedin break

edit: sorry i keep forgetting that it is all of us are wrong, and king udt over there is right...well be bow before your mighty wisdom and knowledge and advanced cs skills
Bexy, you don't give up do you? Now you coming up with some sad excuses and pitiful imagination. Even putting my comments in separate paragraphs has no effect on how you interpret them.
Closed Thread