Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 13:26   #3511
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Blue Planet 2, in 4K UHD/HDR coming to BBC iPlayer in a few weeks. The 4K iPlayer trial worked with the V6, so hopefully this will too.

Those with a 4K tv, this should look amazing.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 06-12-2017 at 13:51.
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2017, 13:33   #3512
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
So you think VM should automatically credit anyone who phones up and says they didn't watch something? I can see a flaw in your business case...
He didn't watch it as I explained; VM need to sort their PPV systems out.

Also, what I don't understand in the article is why VM switched the PPV facility back on when it had been switched off because of problems in the past. Can this facility not be turned off on a TiVo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So you think he should have been allowed to get away with it...twice! Where would you draw the line, Richard, and since when has stealing been ok?
As explained, he didn't watch them. Are you in the habit of calling dead people thieves? Please don't cause further offence by suggesting that Chads mother is a liar or a thief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yeah happened to my Mum twice. She didn't order anything but was billed for 2 movies on consecutive months. First time they refunded her second time they didn't. It's a farce.
Thanks for posting this Chad, there is clearly something wrong with their systems and their default position is to assume that the customer is a liar. This has happened in the past with banks and the Post Office even took some of their Postmasters to court after believing that their systems were infallible.

In the case of your mother and my late friend, they paid it the second time it happened, but I wouldn't out of principal. It looks to me like VM take advantage of those who dislike conflict due to age, disability etc.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 06-12-2017 at 13:46.
Old 06-12-2017, 13:46   #3513
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
He didn't watch it as I explained; VM need to sort their PPV systems out.

Also, what I don't understand in the article is why VM switched the PPV facility back on when it had been switched off because of problems in the past. Can this facility not be turned off on a TiVo?

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

As explained, he didn't watch them. Are you in the habit of calling dead people thieves?

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Thanks for posting this Chad, there is clearly something wrong with their systems and their default position is to assume that the customer is a liar. This has happened in the past with banks and the Post Office even took some of their Postmasters to court after believing that their systems were infallible.
First time it was easy to prove. My Mum and Dad were on holiday when the film was allegedly purchased. Second time round Virgin wouldn't entertain them. I would understand if they use the service a lot, and made an honest mistake, but they've never ordered a PPV movie in their life and aren't too fussed about films. Soaps, news and football is the only thing on their TV. It's crooked.
Old 06-12-2017, 14:03   #3514
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Blue Planet 2, in 4K UHD/HDR coming to BBC iPlayer in a few weeks. The 4K iPlayer trial worked with the V6, so hopefully this will too.

I believe having 4k isn't enough - the TV has to be HDR capable as well.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 06-12-2017, 14:12   #3515
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You are right, the HDR enabled TVs will make it even better. Luckily the newer 4K sets have this.

I've got a 2016 LG TV and this is HDR enabled too.
Old 06-12-2017, 14:28   #3516
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So you think he should have been allowed to get away with it...twice! Where would you draw the line, Richard, and since when has stealing been ok?
So it's ok for VM to steal or attempt to steal money of customers is it?
I don't think any of us should really be calling the customer a thief as we don't know the full story but going by past reports i wouldn't be surprised if this is a VM error and they are just trying to con the customer nothing new with VM though.
Since LG took over vm a lot of this seems to be happening, also i've seen cases (use google) where VM have accused people of making phonecalls they hadn't some didn't even have a VM phoneline.
Errors do happen but VM should fully investigate first before making demands if a customer challenges the bill, i really hope LG sell VM to a better company.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Quote:
I think BBC are using a format not many tvs support according to a poster on DS.
Old 06-12-2017, 15:53   #3517
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Doesnt your tv have to use Hybrid Log-Gamma HDR?
Old 06-12-2017, 16:27   #3518
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Doesnt your tv have to use Hybrid Log-Gamma HDR?
Yeah they are using a weird format. Not all TVs support this. I cannot watch it through the iPlayer app on my TV, but it works through the app on the V6.

I've got an LG and this wasn't supported at first. It could be that they've done a firmware update and I hadn't realised.
Old 06-12-2017, 16:34   #3519
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) combines Standard dynamic range (SDR) and high dynamic range (HDR) images in the same signal so is backward compatible with non HDR UHD screens.
Old 06-12-2017, 16:34   #3520
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah they are using a weird format. Not all TVs support this. I cannot watch it through the iPlayer app on my TV, but it works through the app on the V6.

I've got an LG and this wasn't supported at first. It could be that they've done a firmware update and I hadn't realised.
This is the only HDR is adaptable on the fly and My new panasonic tv supports it! woohoo
Old 06-12-2017, 17:49   #3521
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:

This series will not be on Virgin Media V6 boxes
Old 06-12-2017, 18:02   #3522
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
First time it was easy to prove. My Mum and Dad were on holiday when the film was allegedly purchased. Second time round Virgin wouldn't entertain them. I would understand if they use the service a lot, and made an honest mistake, but they've never ordered a PPV movie in their life and aren't too fussed about films. Soaps, news and football is the only thing on their TV. It's crooked.
Did VM make your parents go to the trouble of providing documents to prove that they were on holiday?

I remember when my uncle died that every single organisation that the death was reported to was sympathetic, kind and helpful and took the report at face value. Guess which one started being officious and insisted on proof that he had died...

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
So it's ok for VM to steal or attempt to steal money of customers is it?
I don't think any of us should really be calling the customer a thief as we don't know the full story but going by past reports i wouldn't be surprised if this is a VM error and they are just trying to con the customer nothing new with VM though.
Since LG took over vm a lot of this seems to be happening, also i've seen cases (use google) where VM have accused people of making phonecalls they hadn't some didn't even have a VM phoneline.
Errors do happen but VM should fully investigate first before making demands if a customer challenges the bill, i really hope LG sell VM to a better company.
Totally agree with you. I too hope LG lose control of VM as it's on record that CS has deteriorated since Malone took over and I have personally encountered this.
Old 06-12-2017, 18:24   #3523
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
This series will not be on Virgin Media V6 boxes
WHAAAAAAATT????
How did you find that out?

That's crazy if it isn't.
Old 06-12-2017, 19:03   #3524
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
WHAAAAAAATT????
How did you find that out?

That's crazy if it isn't.
VM have tweeted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large.jpg (32.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg largeq.jpg (27.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 06-12-2017, 19:06   #3525
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
VM have tweeted
That is shocking...the other provider being Sky lol
Closed Thread