Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2018, 22:54   #4111
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I asked this question in another thread but didn't receive a reply and I have to admit I'm only asking out of curiosity rather than any desire to switch equipment.
Can anyone who has a top tier Netflix subscription, a V6 box and compatible TV tell me if Netflix's 4K content on the V6 also displays with Dolby Vision or is it just 4K resolution on its own?
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2018, 01:09   #4112
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Just logged into my Netflix account and noticed all the extra profiles have disappeared including the the default kids one. I've had to create new ones but any history on them has gone.
Has this happened to any one else? The account holder profile was unaffected.
Old 20-01-2018, 06:28   #4113
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Any finding that Amazon Prime is not switching to HDR for The Grand Tour?
Old 20-01-2018, 10:17   #4114
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Any finding that Amazon Prime is not switching to HDR for The Grand Tour?
On my LG TV's webOS app it doesn't switch on HDR if I view it from my watchlist,
but it does if I view it from the separate 4K section.
Old 20-01-2018, 13:20   #4115
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
On my LG TV's webOS app it doesn't switch on HDR if I view it from my watchlist,

I have a 4K HDR ready TV and the pq on amazon for 4K is terrible, very dark, they've had loads of complaints about it, I don't have any issues when viewing Netflix or any YouTube 4K content.
Old 20-01-2018, 14:56   #4116
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It has been like that on all my devices - but today it will not switch to HDR for any HDR programme. All was good on Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Old 20-01-2018, 15:02   #4117
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It has been like that on all my devices - but today it will not switch to HDR for any HDR programme. All was good on Thursday.
Sounds to me like a temporary glitch. I certainly hope so.
Old 20-01-2018, 18:38   #4118
buckeye
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I have a 4K HDR ready TV and the pq on amazon for 4K is terrible, very dark, they've had loads of complaints about it, I don't have any issues when viewing Netflix or any YouTube 4K content.
I've not experienced that, out of interest what are you using to play Amazon 4K content?

On my TV the webOS app is perfect for 4K HDR content from Amazon,
and my Fire TV box also plays their 4K content perfectly without being very dark, colour seems a bit washed out from the Fire TV in comparison to the LG app but that's understandable as its displaying 4K without HDR.
Old 23-01-2018, 10:51   #4119
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Netflix tunes into subscriber surge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42779953
Old 25-01-2018, 12:11   #4120
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky takes on Netflix and Amazon with cheaper streaming

https://www.theguardian.com/business...wnload-service

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Now TV to go to full HD

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/n...ality.html?m=1
Old 25-01-2018, 21:41   #4121
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Well that's good news, especially for sport. Fingers crossed it's on devices like PS4 and not just their own boxes.
Old 25-01-2018, 22:18   #4122
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky takes on Netflix and Amazon with cheaper streaming

https://www.theguardian.com/business...wnload-service

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Now TV to go to full HD

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/n...ality.html?m=1

Interesting.
Old 26-01-2018, 16:04   #4123
buckeye
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Well that's good news, especially for sport. Fingers crossed it's on devices like PS4 and not just their own boxes.
Unless they also up the framerate from 25 fps to 50 fps the increase in resolution wont make much difference to sport on Now TV.
Old 26-01-2018, 18:41   #4124
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Very true. Unfortunately, VM subscribers appear not to have benefited from that.
I think VM has some Starz shows as exclusive on-demand doesn't it?
Old 26-01-2018, 19:49   #4125
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think VM has some Starz shows as exclusive on-demand doesn't it?
I know they have Ash v Evil Dead, but I thought that was a one-off deal.
Closed Thread