Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:29   #91
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Like the latest Fiesta Car Ad
The music is Transient by Pluxus if anyone's been looking for it...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2009, 02:38   #92
jayjay500
Inactive

jayjay500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Current worst for is the one where a father actively ponders abandoning his kids in favour of Kelloggs flake things
jayjay500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 13:39   #93
zing_deleted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toek6CdldC8 I bet the director drinks carling back label
Old 11-06-2009, 13:52   #94
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Think this is my favorit at the moment, the bosses face is a picture. ASA have had over 140 complaints, some people need to get a sense of humour.
The true quantative measurement of how good an advert is, is how many complaints it has.

Adverts that are seriously peeing me off atm are the ones that have been dubbed (badly) over from the US. Seems to be loads.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 19:11   #95
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

The thinkbox.tv ad...

Making of here
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 22:31   #96
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

[OK, so this is a radio ad, not a TV ad...]

Little bump due to a DAB advert on "Absolute Radio" (prev. Virgin) irritating me.

It goes on about how IIRC "e.g. you wouldn't still dial the operator to make a phone call" & makes other comparisons to technological progression & the 21st Century, says analogue radio is outdated & hard to tune, & tries to sell the virtues of DAB... "more stations", "easy tuning", and... "digital quality sound".

Erm..."digital quality sound"? What, using a standard designed in the 80s, which uses the rather outdated MP2 audio codec?

Give me FM!

Oh, & the other adverts are all bloody awful too...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 06:11   #97
Waldo Pepper
Inactive

Waldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation eraWaldo Pepper has entered a golden reputation era

The best imho is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVE96a7YfME

The worst are with Carol Voderperson telling us how to consolidate all out debts into one. The car adverts shown twice in every single ad break also boil my pi55.
Waldo Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 21:29   #98
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I have a new most hated advert, taking the top spot from that awful "I want to do a poo at Paul's" advert with that stupid little kid.

Quote:
WE BUY ANY CAR (.COM)
WE BUY ANY CAR (.COM)
WE BUY ANY CAR (.COM)
ANY
ANY
ANY
ANY

AGGGHH!!!!!!!!!

It's horrendous. I'm sure they played it every single ad break today on Absolute Radio, and then tonight I heard it again, this time on TV during an ad break for The Gadget Show.

It's really, really, the most annoying advert I've heard. It sounds like the sort of crap that chav teens have blaring out of their mobile phone speakers while on the bus. Ugh.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 21:34   #99
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

i love the fish finger advert where the female fish finger strips haha
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 21:39   #100
lucy7
Inactive

lucy7 has reached the bronze age
lucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I have a new most hated advert, taking the top spot from that awful "I want to do a poo at Paul's" advert with that stupid little kid.

AGGGHH!!!!!!!!!

It's horrendous. I'm sure they played it every single ad break today on Absolute Radio, and then tonight I heard it again, this time on TV during an ad break for The Gadget Show.

It's really, really, the most annoying advert I've heard. It sounds like the sort of crap that chav teens have blaring out of their mobile phone speakers while on the bus. Ugh.

DITTO!

But have to applaude the ad guys, coz we all hate it but remember it!

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
i love the fish finger advert where the female fish finger strips haha

Is this your way of announcing you now like the ladies Frankie.....ha ha ???
lucy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 21:40   #101
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy7 View Post
DITTO!

But have to applaude the ad guys, coz we all hate it but remember it!

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Is this your way of announcing you now like the ladies Frankie.....ha ha ???
ONLY fish finger ladies :> hahaha
Old 21-09-2009, 21:53   #102
Tony.
Inactive

Services: Triple XL (Phone,BB & TV) Samsung V+HD(30 meg Superhub)
Tony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud ofTony. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie07 View Post
ONLY fish finger ladies :> hahaha
It must be the pink that does it for you?
Tony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 22:09   #103
lucy7
Inactive

lucy7 has reached the bronze age
lucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze agelucy7 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony. View Post

Those new salmon ones?????????????

Less of the romance icon.......
lucy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2009, 22:56   #104
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony. View Post
yes yes yes thats it the pink!
Old 22-09-2009, 00:11   #105
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I rather like the sweet advert for Rowntrees Randoms

"What the crocodile hat was that?"

Snowflake their teapot..