Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Old 03-05-2021, 10:48   #541
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Sir Keir Starmer elected as new Labour leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
He said link to the IRA.
And "and a leader who fully supported the IRA."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So as i have already voted by mail i can say this. As long i am able to draw breath i will never vote for a Labour party who allowed there leader to take us into a war based on a lie and a leader who fully supported the IRA. That alone makes them not worth my vote.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2021, 10:53   #542
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
He said
Congratulations ya got me
Old 03-05-2021, 11:03   #543
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Congratulations ya got me
When it comes to the IRA there was no bigger supporter than Comrade Corbyn. Labour knew that and still elected him there leader, thankfully he's a no body now. I was in NI when he was on a parade alongside Gerry Adams. He called IRA terrorists Hero's

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 03-05-2021 at 11:08.
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:09   #544
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
When it comes to the IRA there was no bigger supporter than Comrade Corbyn. Labour knew that and still elected him there leader, thankfully he's a no body now
You'll get no argument from me.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:19   #545
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
When it comes to the IRA there was no bigger supporter than Comrade Corbyn. Labour knew that and still elected him there leader, thankfully he's a no body now. I was in NI when he was on a parade alongside Gerry Adams. He called IRA terrorists Hero's
Do you have a link for his calling IRA terrorists heroes?
Old 03-05-2021, 12:24   #546
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Do you have a link for his calling IRA terrorists heroes?
No link,, i was part of the cordon put in place to protect him as he was a British MP. So end of the day you believe it or you don't. It was after the SAS killed 7 terrorists at Loughgall. Have you every wondered why veterans hate his guts so much.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 03-05-2021 at 12:35.
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:32   #547
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
When it comes to the IRA there was no bigger supporter than Comrade Corbyn. Labour knew that and still elected him there leader, thankfully he's a nobody now. I was in NI when he was on a parade alongside Gerry Adams. He called IRA terrorists Hero's
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:55   #548
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
No link,, i was part of the cordon put in place to protect him as he was a British MP. So end of the day you believe it or you don't. It was after the SAS killed 7 terrorists at Loughgall. Have you every wondered why veterans hate his guts so much.
I would never vote for a Labour Party candidate when Corbyn was in charge of the Party. There's lots of very good reasons that veterans and others hate him, I've never wondered too much about which one people might pick.

But your being part of a cordon to protect Jeremy Corbyn does not mean that he fully supported the IRA. I take an evidenced-based approach on such matters hence my enquiry.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:57   #549
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Corbyn comes to mind.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 13:24   #550
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I am in agreement with that.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I would never vote for a Labour Party candidate when Corbyn was in charge of the Party. There's lots of very good reasons that veterans and others hate him, I've never wondered too much about which one people might pick.

But your being part of a cordon to protect Jeremy Corbyn does not mean that he fully supported the IRA. I take an evidenced-based approach on such matters hence my enquiry.
This didn’t help his standing with the military

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...rthern-ireland

Quote:
Corbyn has given interviews in which he has been challenged to condemn the IRA’s campaign of violence unequivocally – without equating it to other parties involved in the conflict – and has declined to do so.

He was repeatedly asked if he condemned IRA violence specifically in an interview with BBC Radio Ulster in 2015, but answered by saying “I condemn all bombing” and then: “I condemn what was done by the British Army as well as the other sides as well.”
Quote:
In October 1984, two weeks after an IRA bomb killed five at the Tory Party conference in Brighton, Corbyn invited convicted IRA volunteers Linda Quigley and Gerry MacLochlainn to the House of Commons. It caused uproar at the time.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 14:25   #551
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

However seeing as this is a thread about Starmer it’s time to get back on topic.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:37   #552
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from The Sun:
The Tories are leading Labour by 17 points in the Hartlepool by-election, a new poll has revealed today.

Boris Johnson is set to add another blue brick to Labour's northern red wall with a victory there.

A poll for Good Morning Britain ahead of Thursday's by-election found the Conservatives have moved well ahead, in what has traditionally been a crucial Labour stronghold.
If Labour loose Hartlepool to the Tories the writing is on the wall for Starmer.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:44   #553
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Nah Starmer won't be gone if he loses Hartlepool. The Parliamentary Labour Party won't want to risk an alternative candidate and given he has only been in the post for a year it will seem rather reactionary to ditch him so soon. It will also be considered not entirely unexpected given the only reason they didn't lose it last time is the high amount of the vote for Brexit Party got.

Besides Starmer's personal ratings aren't too bad (especially compared to Corbyn) so whilst there will be pressure for Labour to rethink its approach they'll probably want to keep him as leader.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:20   #554
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Both my dad and I have already done our postal vote, my dad is 77 and all his life voted Labour.

But no more, he like me have voted Tory.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:38   #555
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

It's odd for people to stick with Corbyn but leave because of Starmer? Is that because Starmer is less left-wing?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote