Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM TV Outage

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VM TV Outage

Old 04-12-2021, 10:55   #76
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VM TV Outage

I can confirm they are both showing as they should.
I will keep you posted if I see anything else up here.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2021, 13:41   #77
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Ours was off in Glasgow but they were upgrading, Does anyone know if it is worth upgrading to 360 whatever that is ?
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 14:12   #78
DDDD
cf.member

DDDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Ours was off in Glasgow but they were upgrading, Does anyone know if it is worth upgrading to 360 whatever that is ?
In my opinion yes , its fast and slick so channel surfing isn't sluggish , even makes the new V6 look slow , has a voice remote so you can shout "BT sports2" and it will go straight to it . Same channels though , just a faster box.
DDDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 14:41   #79
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
360 is night and day to the Tivo system, although there are a few features from the Tivo system not present which is covered in other threads on the forum.

It has the HD channel swap if you package has a particular channel in HD it is swapped to the higher number (Except for Channel4 outside London) but a lot cleaner interface and less menus to have to navigate.

My household much prefer 360
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 15:17   #80
DDDD
cf.member

DDDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: VM TV Outage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
360 is night and day to the Tivo system, although there are a few features from the Tivo system not present which is covered in other threads on the forum.

It has the HD channel swap if you package has a particular channel in HD it is swapped to the higher number (Except for Channel4 outside London) but a lot cleaner interface and less menus to have to navigate.

My household much prefer 360
I can't comment officially , but I would guess Ch4 will be sorted in the next 6 months
DDDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 17:37   #81
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Various channels went off air tonight on multiple platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
What still isn't resolved?
Sorry, I missed this when you posted. It's a process, C4 started moving back in the second half of November with various changes taking place over a couple of weeks. At the end of November, C5 started their migration back to RBM, turning the DR logo back on for services from their back up facility. As far as the public is concerned, that's the bulk of services back to where they should be. As I said though, it's a process. Fine tuning of the systems continues and the enormity of the problem means that work schedules for the broadcasters have been torn up and rewritten several times. Hopefully, there won't be any further significant issues. If there are, it's handy to be able to report them in the original thread.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
yeah , main headend moved over to a DR headend to restore service , the encryption changed to a different key server which needed a kick . So the broadcast was all good but no one could descramble anything and we couldn't put the services out in the clear unfortunately, this was kicked around 6-7 pm if i remember correctly
Thanks for that information. Services being restored with 1 month old data was a good indication of being moved over to DR. Yeah, boxes being unable to decrypt was quite a nightmare for a while.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote