Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The future of virgin mobile...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

The future of virgin mobile...

Old 22-11-2021, 18:32   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: The future of virgin mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Just off the phone to VM and happy to increase data on all three sim cards for a price reduction in the black Friday deals. Happy to continue
Guess people using O2 are with virgin and those using virgin are with Vodafone
Old 22-11-2021, 21:21   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Existing Virgin Mobile customers are mostly still on EE (for 4G) or Vodaphone for 5G.
I believe new 4G customers go on Vodaphone now, and the rest will move to Vodaphone soon.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 01:52   #18
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Existing Virgin Mobile customers are mostly still on EE (for 4G) or Vodaphone for 5G.
I believe new 4G customers go on Vodaphone now, and the rest will move to Vodaphone soon.
The 5G in my area with o2 was awful so its definitely good to be with virgin mobile and vodafone. Not the strongest 5G signal but good enough for me!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2022, 09:39   #19
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Virgin Media terminates landmark mobile phone deal, delivering another blow to Vodafone boss Nick Read
Quote:
The pair had agreed a five-year deal, running from January 2021, to launch 5G services for Virgin Mobile's three million customers.

The agreement ended a 20-year relationship with BT-owned EE.

But in a shock letter to bondholders, Virgin said 'notice has been given to cancel this agreement'.
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...umps-deal.html
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2022, 12:39   #20
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
The 5G in my area with o2 was awful so its definitely good to be with virgin mobile and vodafone. Not the strongest 5G signal but good enough for me!
Horses for course's O2 is great for 5g here and Vodafone for me is rubbish . Good to see virgin still breaks contracts left right and centre wonder why anyone would trust any contact they commit too.
Old 13-02-2022, 13:02   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Horses for course's O2 is great for 5g here and Vodafone for me is rubbish . Good to see virgin still breaks contracts left right and centre wonder why anyone would trust any contact they commit too.
Most contracts have "break" clauses, allowing early termination, with notice, of a business relationship - this is completely different from unilaterally ending a contract.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2022, 16:26   #22
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Completely understand but virgin seem to have track record of doing it
Old 13-02-2022, 21:34   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Completely understand but virgin seem to have track record of doing it
As does any business when they need to.

There is no reason now that VMO2 would need any agreement with vodaphone.

Old 14-02-2022, 12:20   #24
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

The Vodafone termination has been coming for quite some time. It was hidden away in the Q2 2021 financial results that they were planning this last year:

(Scroll to the bottom of page 30 of the linked PDF):

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/wp-...rt-Q2-2021.pdf
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2022, 19:37   #25
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The Vodafone termination has been coming for quite some time. It was hidden away in the Q2 2021 financial results that they were planning this last year
For anyone interested, this is the relevant text ;

Quote:
In November 2019, we entered into a new 5-year MVNO deal with Vodafone that enabled the launch of 5G services for
our mobile customers in the U.K. in January 2021. Following the formation of the Joint Venture, notice has been given to
cancel this MVNO agreement

Old 14-02-2022, 19:42   #26
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
As does any business when they need to.
We have managed never to do it in over 175 years of trading . our word is our bond . only once did it happen to us and family legend is it that my great grandfather closed them down . Can find no record but the story has been past down . Mind you we were trading with Cuba a lot at the time, so not sure how "legal" the dealings were at that time
Old 14-02-2022, 20:06   #27
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

But they haven’t broken a contract - they’ve used part of the contract to end the relationship.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2022, 10:36   #28
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Did anyone on here seriously think that when VM announced they were to merge with O2 that Virgin Mobile would be a going concern?

Ditching Virgin Mobile (or at the very least moving it - but I think they'll ditch it) was probably one of the biggest synergies and cost saving of the whole deal.
Old 15-02-2022, 19:39   #29
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Most contracts have "break" clauses, allowing early termination, with notice, of a business relationship - this is completely different from unilaterally ending a contract.
Totally accept what you say. Thought could this be the answer to a question posed here a number for times , why hasn't this channel , app etc appeared on virgin
Old 16-02-2022, 10:29   #30
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Did anyone on here seriously think that when VM announced they were to merge with O2 that Virgin Mobile would be a going concern?

Ditching Virgin Mobile (or at the very least moving it - but I think they'll ditch it) was probably one of the biggest synergies and cost saving of the whole deal.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I ditched Virgin Mobile ages ago, though whether their customers have moved out of the frying pan into the fire I don't know.as I don't know what the CS is like for the replacement.

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But they haven’t broken a contract - they’ve used part of the contract to end the relationship.
True, but Virgin don't offer their customers the same option with their contracts. No get out clauses when it's them that stand to lose after people find out what they're like.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote