Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hub 5 at no extra cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hub 5 at no extra cost

Old 13-11-2021, 11:42   #136
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: Hub 5 at no extra cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Is there any consensus yet on the stability and reliability of the Hub 5? I have a Hub 3 in modem mode and I am hoping the replacement Hub 5 will be "as good".

I do not want to go from a stable modem to one that is "work in progress" and could cause problems.

I think being an improvement over the hub3 is a low bar. The chipset in it can only be a significant improvement over the Puma chipset which was never really fixed. It's a different OEM as well. I'd bite someones hand off for one as my 1 day old hub4 has already proven itself to be trash.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2021, 14:34   #137
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
I think being an improvement over the hub3 is a low bar. The chipset in it can only be a significant improvement over the Puma chipset which was never really fixed. It's a different OEM as well. I'd bite someones hand off for one as my 1 day old hub4 has already proven itself to be trash.
Same here had hub 4 over a week and the so called free speed boost from 350 to 500 I'm still only getting 360 to 370 at best even though I've checked the configuration file and does say I'm on 500, be interested to know if they are various configuration files so those that are on none volt bundles get true 500 and those that are on volt bundles are capped.

Just a thought
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2021, 16:38   #138
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I’m on Volt, and I’m getting constant 530Mb/s+ on my (upgraded from 350) BB (on a Hub3).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 13:46   #139
Treble3
cf.member

Treble3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anybody else manage to order a hub 5 through the link what was posted but removed sharpish by the mods hopefully mine arrives in 2 weeks
Treble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 15:29   #140
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble3 View Post
Did anybody else manage to order a hub 5 through the link what was posted but removed sharpish by the mods hopefully mine arrives in 2 weeks
I ordered one but via an email sent to me direct. I am guessing that if the Hub 5 is worse than my current Hub 3 (in modem mode), I can reinstate the old one? Does anyone know if this is an option? Hopefully this will not be needed.
Old 14-11-2021, 16:39   #141
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Makes things awkward for me I was considering VM again, as VDSL is feeling very dated, and now I know about the hub 5, especially that it can help in congested areas and the puma chipset has been ditched I would for sure want one.

I can imagine a new customer signing up has a little leverage but not enough when a sales rep will just say the hub 5 doesnt exist.

The problem with invite only trials is stock ends up going to people who are not the ones who most want it.

My question is how long do new hubs take to get from public trials to rollout?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 17:07   #142
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Even when it's released there is no guarantee you can request one. Outside of targeted offers or due to a recognised fault, a standalone Hub swap hasn't been available for years.
Old 15-11-2021, 15:27   #143
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Any updates on the BQMs? Like pulling teeth trying to get a nice view on how the hub is looking from those that got it
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 17:43   #144
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble View Post
Any updates on the BQMs? Like pulling teeth trying to get a nice view on how the hub is looking from those that got it
Someone posted theirs a week or so ago and it looked like most other VM graphs.
Old 15-11-2021, 18:06   #145
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Someone posted theirs a week or so ago and it looked like most other VM graphs.
It had some spikey bits that I wanted to see if it has calmed at all
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2021, 18:25   #146
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

Just been offered one of these by email so taken the offer.
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2021, 20:44   #147
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
Just been offered one of these by email so taken the offer.
What broadband speed do you currently have?
Old 16-11-2021, 20:48   #148
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
What broadband speed do you currently have?
350Mb, living in Nottingham, Basford hub site if that makes a difference, currently on a Hub 3.
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 01:15   #149
Treble3
cf.member

Treble3 is an unknown quantity at this point

1gb users are now getting emails to get the hub 5
Treble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 01:34   #150
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
350Mb, living in Nottingham, Basford hub site if that makes a difference, currently on a Hub 3.
Interesting.
I'm also on 350M, on Basford ...... time to check my email ....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote