Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2020, 11:51   #31
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris James View Post
How do you get it for that price? It's advertised as being £9.99 a month after a 7 day free trial.
Pay a month then cancel it, give your reason as too expensive and see what they offer you. If you don't watch it much, I think they give you a lower price and then they roll this over for six months.
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2020, 13:11   #32
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
We don't really deal with the consumer side of things aka packs etc but at a guess i think it'll be a add on for a fee around £6 this is only guess work though.
Cheers LK
My deal is up and therefore I’m dubious about staying on VIP with the prospect of adding Sky UHD services loosing any discount going forward.

Will play it by ear.
Old 30-12-2020, 13:35   #33
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Cheers LK
My deal is up and therefore I’m dubious about staying on VIP with the prospect of adding Sky UHD services loosing any discount going forward.

Will play it by ear.
You mean you have a discount on top of the discount that is the VIP discount itself?

Just to clarify what you think you are losing.
Old 30-12-2020, 13:37   #34
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
You mean you have a discount on top of the discount that is the VIP discount itself?

Just to clarify what you think you are losing.
Yes, for example in the past I never had movies and when adding them mid term it was going to cost about £50 more a month as I was loosing my discount so therefore never bothered
Old 30-12-2020, 16:07   #35
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Pay a month then cancel it, give your reason as too expensive and see what they offer you. If you don't watch it much, I think they give you a lower price and then they roll this over for six months.
I tried exactly that but was not offered any discount at all to continue. I had the entertainment pack plus the HD boost for a month and then cancelled stating that it was too expensive a while ago and since then... a deafening silence. I was only interested in the Sky Atlantic box sets as I get everything else from Sky on my Ultimate Oomph bundle. £12.00 per month is just too much to pay for that. I would be prepared to pay a lesser sub to keep it permanently. The cancellation ploy doesn't always work.
Old 30-12-2020, 18:35   #36
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I tried exactly that but was not offered any discount at all to continue. I had the entertainment pack plus the HD boost for a month and then cancelled stating that it was too expensive a while ago and since then... a deafening silence. I was only interested in the Sky Atlantic box sets as I get everything else from Sky on my Ultimate Oomph bundle. £12.00 per month is just too much to pay for that. I would be prepared to pay a lesser sub to keep it permanently. The cancellation ploy doesn't always work.
There's probably some algorithm to it with usage, post code, time of the year, etc.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:28   #37
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

VM V6 TV Guide updated to confirm:

Wednesday 6th January
Discovery Shed closes​ permanently
Discovery Home & Health and Discovery Home & Health +1 ​close​ permanently
Sky Cinema Five Star Movies (formerly Sky Cinema Disney) closes​ permanently
Old 02-01-2021, 17:23   #38
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The first two won’t be missed!
Old 02-01-2021, 17:40   #39
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The first two won’t be missed!
They could bin at least another 50 and it still wouldn't make a dent in the dross.
Old 03-01-2021, 14:52   #40
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
They could bin at least another 50 and it still wouldn't make a dent in the dross.
But is it the 50+ I never watch and that's the problem
Old 04-01-2021, 10:03   #41
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

BBC Alba now Ch 120 and ITVBe+1 on Ch 162 in Scotland.

I presume the OFCOM-required PSB channel number changes to S4C and Channel 4 in Wales have happened on VM too, but I can't confirm as not my region.
Old 04-01-2021, 17:59   #42
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
BBC Alba now Ch 120 and ITVBe+1 on Ch 162 in Scotland.

I presume the OFCOM-required PSB channel number changes to S4C and Channel 4 in Wales have happened on VM too, but I can't confirm as not my region.
Yes it has
Old 06-01-2021, 17:53   #43
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

With the closure of Discovery Home & Health, Discovery Home & Health +1 and Discovery Shed today, Virgin Media could ask Discovery to replace them with three of their channels not available but which are on Sky (Food Network +1, Quest Red +1 and Discovery Turbo +1). +1 channels still seem to be quite popular and would bring in extra revenue for Discovery.
Old 06-01-2021, 21:39   #44
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
With the closure of Discovery Home & Health, Discovery Home & Health +1 and Discovery Shed today, Virgin Media could ask Discovery to replace them with three of their channels not available but which are on Sky (Food Network +1, Quest Red +1 and Discovery Turbo +1). +1 channels still seem to be quite popular and would bring in extra revenue for Discovery.
If Sky didn't have a 12 month TV exclusive for Discovery+ I suspect VM would rather have that in compensation. Quite possible they'll take the missing +1s on a temporary basis. Or maybe they'll convince them to make a currently non-HD channel HD, VM has had HD versions of channels before other platforms before.
Old 07-01-2021, 13:34   #45
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
If Sky didn't have a 12 month TV exclusive for Discovery+ I suspect VM would rather have that in compensation. Quite possible they'll take the missing +1s on a temporary basis. Or maybe they'll convince them to make a currently non-HD channel HD, VM has had HD versions of channels before other platforms before.
Discovery+ would be a nice addition to Virgin Media, as would the Disney+ and UKTV Play apps.
Closed Thread