Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 16-09-2021, 16:19   #316
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Same thing happens still.
Probably struggling to match your address. Do you live in an apartment, or on a road with house names? (e.g. not numbers)?

There will be a new version soon that if it can't match the address exactly just takes the first one for the postcode.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-09-2021, 16:53   #317
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

I’ve got an email “ We’re carrying out essential works to modernise and future-proof our network in your area on Tue 21 Sep. This should improve your connection so you can carry on enjoying the things you love most.”

I wonder if that is the 1Gig upgrade.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2021, 23:22   #318
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
I’ve got an email “ We’re carrying out essential works to modernise and future-proof our network in your area on Tue 21 Sep. This should improve your connection so you can carry on enjoying the things you love most.”

I wonder if that is the 1Gig upgrade.
Most probably.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 20:30   #319
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Don't get your hopes up. I have had two of those over the last 3 weeks and nothing has happened.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 21:14   #320
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Don't get your hopes up. I have had two of those over the last 3 weeks and nothing has happened.
My hopes were high. You have now dashed them.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 03:04   #321
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

How is Ozsat managing to get that kind of speed?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 07:44   #322
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I use my own router for all my network stuff - but due to problems with the 360 on third-party routers I still have the SH4 in router mode.

I have two 1GB network connections in the PC - and by using both you can get to use more than the <1GB limit set on each SH4 Ethernet port.

I only did it to see I could do it and normally get around 940Mb/s download.

Quote:
How is Ozsat managing to get that kind of speed?

Last edited by ozsat; 18-09-2021 at 07:54.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 08:47   #323
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I use my own router for all my network stuff - but due to problems with the 360 on third-party routers I still have the SH4 in router mode.

I have two 1GB network connections in the PC - and by using both you can get to use more than the <1GB limit set on each SH4 Ethernet port.

I only did it to see I could do it and normally get around 940Mb/s download.
How do u mean u have are using the 2 1GB connections?

I have a 1GB and a 2.5GB Connection, how can i use those both to bump my speed?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 09:03   #324
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Use two Ethernet cables at once.

I tried it and it worked but I'm back on one as I actually use the two cards for different ISPs - manually switching when required.

Quote:

ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 23:06   #325
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

Quote:

SH4 supports RR load balancing in modem mode, and possibly router mode as well.

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

https://bidb.msh100.uk/

Newer version of the dashboard, should tolerate different addresses better, and show more providers, also now has a search history (client side, in cookie)
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 15:38   #326
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for the system to update once the upgrades been done. my SH4 went offline for about 10 mins and when it came back on now connecting to 32 D3 and 1 D3.1 channel but online chat still saying max speed is M600
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 15:58   #327
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for the system to update once the upgrades been done. my SH4 went offline for about 10 mins and when it came back on now connecting to 32 D3 and 1 D3.1 channel but online chat still saying max speed is M600
On the Router Status page, hit the Configuration tab and look for Max Traffic Rate. If that says 1200000450, then you're on 1 Gig.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 16:17   #328
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash45 View Post
It may be a coincidence but I think it is weekly on Monday's going by when previous users have noticed the change. I have been waiting three weeks now so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
On the Router Status page, hit the Configuration tab and look for Max Traffic Rate. If that says 1200000450, then you're on 1 Gig.
I do believe he is referring to physical upgrade work being completed and not a tier upgrade on his account
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 04:59   #329
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea sorry should of been more clear my SH rebooted and started to connect to the extra channels, so i got on the web chat to try upgrade from M500 but was told Gig1 still wasn't available in the area, so meant the time between it being upgraded and actually been able to order
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 05:03   #330
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I think it was about 7 - 10 days after in my case.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote