Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 11-09-2021, 18:32   #301
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

If the site says it's available, then their API says it's available. I know the author of the site ordered it within hours of the API saying it was there

Edit: that is to say, the data shown on the site is not stored/created /maintained by me, there isn't even a database attached to it, it just queries one.network for roadworks (and filters to telecoms only which their own site does not) and public APIs and checkers for ISP results. If it says 1000mbps is available, then VM are saying on their API that 1000mbps is available. It's possible they don't want to sell it to you for other reasons? EG. Capacity, or shortage of sh4s, or something, or that the operator you spoke to was... Not very good.

Last edited by rtho782; 11-09-2021 at 18:43.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2021, 18:59   #302
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Thank you, if the API says it is available then I’m guessing it won’t be long before I can get it and for 100 shiny new pennies a month, I probably will.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Just rechecked and I had missed the ‘not live’.
D’Oh!
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 22:00   #303
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
It's not really very error tolerant yet. If you didn't put a space in, try with a space.
The same thing happens whether or not i use a space.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:57   #304
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
My brothers post code does now list 1 gig as available now so must have just taken a while to update the post codes on the checker.
Ive just been on chat and the chap told me that Gig1 is not available in Nottingham.
Old 12-09-2021, 13:05   #305
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Is it likely taking time to show up on the website or could that mean it is not available yet on my local area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
If anything it is the other way round. Historically they have been very quick to update the website with new services and when you ring up to upgrade the call centres don't know anything about it and say it isn't available on their system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
It appears for me now. Just for the record, I'm on Nottingham (Basford)..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Ive just been on chat and the chap told me that Gig1 is not available in Nottingham.

Last edited by General Maximus; 12-09-2021 at 13:08.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 18:06   #306
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
The same thing happens whether or not i use a space.
Make sure you put your house number in the box too (or just 1). It starts at a high number and if it's invalid you'll get spinny wheels.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 00:29   #307
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Make sure you put your house number in the box too (or just 1). It starts at a high number and if it's invalid you'll get spinny wheels.
Same thing happens still.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 01:54   #308
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

me too
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 10:45   #309
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Ours was due Friday. Then text it would take 2-3 more business days. Then text it was on it's way Saturday. Arrived, switched over, took a while to boot up, connected, switched to modem mode and all working. Took old box to Yodel pickup site (news agent) on way into church on Sunday.

The new box may look OK but don't like the huge bright light that casts shadows in darkened room. At least they didn't make it magenta for modem mode.

Also shame they dropped the little card insert for the VM wifi password. Still I kept my internal network stuff running so that all just picked up fine.
Old 13-09-2021, 15:18   #310
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Ours was due Friday. Then text it would take 2-3 more business days. Then text it was on it's way Saturday. Arrived, switched over, took a while to boot up, connected, switched to modem mode and all working. Took old box to Yodel pickup site (news agent) on way into church on Sunday.

The new box may look OK but don't like the huge bright light that casts shadows in darkened room. At least they didn't make it magenta for modem mode.

Also shame they dropped the little card insert for the VM wifi password. Still I kept my internal network stuff running so that all just picked up fine.
you can turn the light off login to the admin page 192.168.0.1 go to advanced settings select light ring then manual 0%
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 17:36   #311
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

All setup here. the light was set low to start with here and easy to change.

Not sure how long it took to activate as I had so work to do for 15-20 minutes and it was all done when I checked.

Changed all the settings and names etc to be same as my oldSH3 - so no devices here would need reconnecting.

Quote:

Last edited by ozsat; 13-09-2021 at 17:44.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 22:57   #312
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Well Im getting the Hardware limit imposed speeds on my connection.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 16.57.18.jpeg (81.6 KB, 246 views)
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 05:00   #313
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Whats wrong with Magenta ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 21:16   #314
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Dim it to it's lowest setting.

Had mine a few days now:

Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 16:44   #315
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Last edited by ozsat; 15-09-2021 at 16:48.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote