Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 12-08-2013, 23:44   #3286
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nolan View Post
"Ready and Equipped": That choice of wording in a press release HEAVILY implies they have also include people who have not chosen to re-contract for the channel.

Good old marketing propaganda, worded by people who are VERY well paid manipulate thoughts with words.
From the press release:

"The million total includes satellite TV customers – both free and paying – as well as customers who are watching via BT TV. There is a mix of existing BT broadband customers – who have re-contracted their broadband for at least twelve months – and new broadband customers who have been attracted by BT Sport."

Have BT made BT Sports automatically available to their customers who fit the criteria to get it free, or do the customers have to opt in to get access? For example on SKY SKY 3D is included in my package, but I couldn't access the channel until I confirmed with SKY that I wanted to opt in.

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Managed to answer my own question:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...rt/c/6401,6611

"The first step is to make sure you've ordered BT Sport. BT Sport is free for BT Broadband customers, but you don't get it automatically. You need to order BT Sport by visiting www.bt.com/sport.

If you're a BT Broadband customer and you just want to watch BT Sport online or via the app (not via TV), you need to activate it first. To activate, just log in to My BT. Scroll down, click on 'BT Sport' and follow the online instructions."

So people will only be ready and equipped to watch the channel, on the BT platform, if they have opted in.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2013, 23:47   #3287
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
From the press release:

"The million total includes satellite TV customers – both free and paying – as well as customers who are watching via BT TV. There is a mix of existing BT broadband customers – who have re-contracted their broadband for at least twelve months – and new broadband customers who have been attracted by BT Sport."

Have BT made BT Sports automatically available to their customers who fit the criteria to get it free, or do the customers have to opt in to get access? For example on SKY SKY 3D is included in my package, but I couldn't access the channel until I confirmed with SKY that I wanted to opt in.

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Managed to answer my own question:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...rt/c/6401,6611

"The first step is to make sure you've ordered BT Sport. BT Sport is free for BT Broadband customers, but you don't get it automatically. You need to order BT Sport by visiting www.bt.com/sport.

If you're a BT Broadband customer and you just want to watch BT Sport online or via the app (not via TV), you need to activate it first. To activate, just log in to My BT. Scroll down, click on 'BT Sport' and follow the online instructions."

So people will only be ready and equipped to watch the channel, on the BT platform, if they have opted in.
Getting BT Sports activated was a PROPER hassle. It isn't as plain sailing as it seems, but nothing normally is though.
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 23:49   #3288
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nolan View Post
"Ready and Equipped": That choice of wording in a press release HEAVILY implies they have also include people who have not chosen to re-contract for the channel.

Good old marketing propaganda, worded by people who are VERY well paid manipulate thoughts with words.
BT have over 6.5 million broadband customers, so I think you are reading something into this that is not there. Take up of 1 million is still only about 15% of this total - even if it doubles between now and the weekend, it would still only be about 30% of BT's BB customer base.

What is missing from this and other reports, is what proportion of that 1 million are NEW customers, and hence bringing in additional revenue to offset BT's £1+ billion investment in this service.
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 07:24   #3289
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

But many of their broadband customers won't be able (ie. ready and equipped) to get the channel. I don't live in an infinity area, my Bt broadband speed would be too slow.

---------- Post added at 07:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

Also, consider the meaning of "hd ready". I think Paul is on to something here.
Old 13-08-2013, 08:26   #3290
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
Getting BT Sports activated was a PROPER hassle. It isn't as plain sailing as it seems, but nothing normally is though.
I found it very easy,BT emailed me with the offer,I filled in my Sky viewing card number and when the launch date arrived it was there,the only gripe I have is you can only have it on one box and I have multi-room,ah well....
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:23   #3291
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

A little development you may be interested in. ESPN is shown on television magazines next week including TV and Satellite Week as being on Virgin, channel no 529 (530 HD) from Saturday. It was not listed for Virgin Media in the current magazines.

BT Sport is still not showing channel numbers for Virgin Media.

Make of that what you will!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:35   #3292
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
A little development you may be interested in. ESPN is shown on television magazines next week including TV and Satellite Week as being on Virgin, channel no 529 (530 HD) from Saturday. It was not listed for Virgin Media in the current magazines.

BT Sport is still not showing channel numbers for Virgin Media.

Make of that what you will!
In last weeks TV & Satellite Week the Virgin numbers for ESPN HD and SD had been removed... It is rumoured that BT Sport will be on channels 547-550
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 12:37   #3293
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
In last weeks TV & Satellite Week the Virgin numbers for ESPN HD and SD had been removed...
I know, so I think it is significant. It's also shown in Radio Times. Didn't look at the other magazines, though
Old 13-08-2013, 12:37   #3294
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT's great broadband scam.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...broadband-scam
Old 13-08-2013, 14:17   #3295
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Radio Times has BT sport 1 / HD and BT Sport 2 / HD listed under virgin media with shows on today even though it isn't broadcasting on VM
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 14:29   #3296
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Radio Times has BT sport 1 / HD and BT Sport 2 / HD listed under virgin media with shows on today even though it isn't broadcasting on VM
That to me then show its a typo
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 14:33   #3297
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Well we shall know in the next few days dear chap and the force of good suggest that young Mr Stokes has a pledge to fulfil come the weekend.
Old 13-08-2013, 15:41   #3298
MatthewEastaugh
cf.member

MatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really niceMatthewEastaugh is just really nice

I think Premier Sports don't like Virgin Media that much.

1st August
https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/...53893635833856
Quote:
Feel free to also throw in a request for @PremierSportsTV when asking @virginmedia where @BTSport is! It has only been 3 years for us...
8th August
https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/...61772620136451
Quote:
@Rigby7000 @virginmedia they are umming and ahhing as usual. To busy dealing with @BTSport i think. We have only waited 3 years and 4 days..
Today:
https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/...92796538847232
Quote:
@LittleWayneB @TheTanyaAttack BT Sport will have more customers than Virgin XL in a matter of weeks.
https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/...93115935113216
Quote:
@AnguusBeeith don't think they add new sports channels now. Just remove them @virginmedia
MatthewEastaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 15:46   #3299
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Doesn't explain why TV & Satellite Week have now re-introduced these Virgin Media channel numbers for ESPN.

I think VM have agreed what will happen for ESPN but have not yet completed the deal in respect of BT Sport.

I'm sure the whole story will come out in the end!
Old 13-08-2013, 16:32   #3300
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Rangers match fails to score with just 24,000 viewers.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ers-tv-ratings