Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 12:58   #1831
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Virgin Media have already dropped some SD only channels where both SD and HD were in the same pack e.g. Gold is in HD only on Virgin Media.
Old 07-12-2021, 13:50   #1832
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Actually enquired about vm today not in my block, yet oddly it's in the houses either side lol.
Old 07-12-2021, 15:27   #1833
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Well the time has come for "Best of" to reappear on Cable Forum.

But this year you have until December 24th at 23.59 to tell me your best:

A) New Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Tell me if your vote is for an HD or SD Channel

What launch in 2021 on Virgin TV?

Sky Showcase HD
Sky Showcase
QVC Extra
GB News HD
Colors Gujarati
GREAT! tv*
GREAT! movies classic*
GREAT! movies*
GREAT! movies action*
Utsav Gold HD*
Utsav Bharat*
Utsav Plus HD*
Sky Documentaries (SD)
Sky Nature (SD)

*Branded by new owners.

B) Best poster on Cable Forum with Information (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Do NOT vote for me.

C) Best Radio Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):

To vote just PM me. Note if you vote via this thread YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT.

Results will be revealed after 5pm GMT on December 31st.

Also I can confirmed at "Changes to Virgin TV (2022)" will launch on Cable Forum just after 8pm on December 31st.

So Happy Holidays and get voting.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 08-12-2021, 14:04   #1834
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Look like DAZN is set to launch an UK Pay TV Channel called DAZN PPV

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates
Old 08-12-2021, 16:20   #1835
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Wonder why they would do that given linear TV is doomed and the future is streaming which is what they already do (not very well according to public in Italy)
Old 08-12-2021, 16:45   #1836
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

That update also shows Leeds TV etc have handed back their TLCS licences. Probably a result of the changes on Sky but should they still need those licences for carriage on Virgin?

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Quote:
@DDD - Do that mean the SD Channels of Channel 4, E4, 4Seven and More4 is set to close on Virgin Media within the next six months?

But it look like Channel 4 HD is set to move to Channel 104 in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland by June 2022.

That mean Channel 4 HD is set to move to Channel 108 in Wales by June 2022.

Channel 4 will probably follow the same pattern that happened when 4HD moved to 104 in London, so it is quite likely that the SD version will go. The same probably won't happen for the non-PSB channels as the HD channels are only available in top level subscription packages.

Quote:
That time of posting I can confirmed that SYFY +1 is still broadcasting from SID 2131 so maybe moving soon to SID 621 to sit beside SYFY on SID 623.
DBR shows that SID 621 has been removed, as I suggested it would.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Wonder why they would do that given linear TV is doomed and the future is streaming which is what they already do (not very well according to public in Italy)
No doubt Old Boy will have an explanation.

Last edited by epsilon; 08-12-2021 at 16:55.
Old 08-12-2021, 17:18   #1837
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
That update also shows Leeds TV etc have handed back their TLCS licences. Probably a result of the changes on Sky but should they still need those licences for carriage on Virgin?
No Idea on if That's TV Local are still broadcasting via Virgin Media.

Quote:
Channel 4 will probably follow the same pattern that happened when 4HD moved to 104 in London, so it is quite likely that the SD version will go. The same probably won't happen for the non-PSB channels as the HD channels are only available in top level subscription packages.
I only ask about Channel 4 SD, E4 SD, More4 SD, Film4 SD and 4Seven SD being remove when Channel 4 HD may move within the next six months was due to Virgin axing STV when STV HD was move to Channel 103 in Scotland and also BBC One HD (Outside England) on Channel 101 and BBC Two HD on Channel 102 but keeping Channel 5 HD on Channel 154.
Old 08-12-2021, 18:05   #1838
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
No Idea on if That's TV Local are still broadcasting via Virgin Media.
Me neither, do they even have a reason to broadcast at all with their current content? But I actually meant the ex-Made in... channels, which are listed in that update as having handed back their TLCS licences.

Quote:
I only ask about Channel 4 SD, E4 SD, More4 SD, Film4 SD and 4Seven SD being remove when Channel 4 HD may move within the next six months was due to Virgin axing STV when STV HD was move to Channel 103 in Scotland and also BBC One HD (Outside England) on Channel 101 and BBC Two HD on Channel 102 but keeping Channel 5 HD on Channel 154.
It will be handled differently for different broadcasters but the best guide is to look at what already happened with Channel 4 in London. E4 / More 4 etc are another matter as long as the HD versions are limited to the top subscription packages. Making them available to everyone would devalue Maxit, or whatever it is called at the moment.
Old 08-12-2021, 23:27   #1839
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

No doubt Old Boy will have an explanation.
Oh, that’s all been explained before - no need for him to be confused.

Clue: it’s only 2021.
Old 09-12-2021, 14:02   #1840
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
As of 05:46 today DBR is showing that Local TV broadcaster "Liverpool TV" is still being carriage on Virgin Media.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
Old 09-12-2021, 16:29   #1841
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
As of 05:46 today DBR is showing that Local TV broadcaster "Liverpool TV" is still being carriage on Virgin Media.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
As are the others so it does seem odd that they handed back their licence to Ofcom. Not to worry though, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Oh, that’s all been explained before - no need for him to be confused.

Clue: it’s only 2021.
Aha! so streamers setting up traditional linear services is just a milestone marking the path to a linear free 2035?

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Quote:
My information is that SID 621 had disappeared by Dec 4th. SID 440, however, hadn't - if you want to speculate.
SID 440 is now listed as ITV Tier but only added to non-customer networks at the moment. Maybe a new subscriber pack for ITV Hub+ or even BritBox??? - just a guess.
Old 09-12-2021, 18:30   #1842
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
As are the others so it does seem odd that they handed back their licence to Ofcom. Not to worry though, I'm sure they know what they are doing.
Could VM maybe be getting the channel known as Local TV on Sky which is a pick 'n' mix of that particular Local TV company's stations? That is a single National stream, maybe they are going that route on Cable too?
Old 09-12-2021, 18:45   #1843
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Yes, it can be difficult to make sense of The Archers.
As is " woman's hour, " " in our time" really leaves me lost but guess it make me look up things ,at my age that a challenge totally off subject trying to work out how to use Tesco clubcard with out printing coupons off !!!!

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Virgin Media have already dropped some SD only channels where both SD and HD were in the same pack e.g. Gold is in HD only on Virgin Media.
Could they not do this to channels such as 4 and channel 5
Old 09-12-2021, 19:02   #1844
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Could they not do this to channels such as 4 and channel 5
Channel 5 already is, isn't it? Channel 4 HD currently isn't available for all regions.
Old 09-12-2021, 19:26   #1845
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Could VM maybe be getting the channel known as Local TV on Sky which is a pick 'n' mix of that particular Local TV company's stations? That is a single National stream, maybe they are going that route on Cable too?
It's possible but I wouldn't be surprised if they simply forgot about cable. After all, they forgot about making local programmes so why would they worry about anything else?

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
As is " woman's hour, " " in our time" really leaves me lost but guess it make me look up things ,at my age that a challenge totally off subject trying to work out how to use Tesco clubcard with out printing coupons off !!!!
Isn't there an option to have the coupons sent by post? I don't know, it's a long time since I used Tesco.
Closed Thread