Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | call from "Virgin Media Technical Department"

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

call from "Virgin Media Technical Department"

Old 10-08-2022, 17:46   #1
vm883be47b49
cf.member

vm883be47b49 is an unknown quantity at this point
call from "Virgin Media Technical Department"

We've had a couple of calls (from a person, albeit obviously reading from a script) to our VM landline claiming to be from "Virgin Media Technical Department" saying our Internet speed "was below the minimum for the last few days" and saying they needed to "optimise the router" and "make our Internet secure".

After the above preamble they immediately asked what colour the light on the "router" was.

On both occasions I've not given any information and told them I believed it was a scam and not to call again.

We've had many recorded phone call messages "from BT" in the past saying our Internet would be disconnected if we didn't blah, blah blah, but this is first time we've had people actually phoning up claiming to be from Virgin.

I've never know VM to be pro-active in diagnosing connection issues!

So I'm 99.9% certain this is a scam, just wanted reassurance, and/or confirmation that others have received similar (scam) calls.

Many thanks.
vm883be47b49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2022, 17:54   #2
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: call from "Virgin Media Technical Department"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm883be47b49 View Post
We've had a couple of calls (from a person, albeit obviously reading from a script) to our VM landline claiming to be from "Virgin Media Technical Department" saying our Internet speed "was below the minimum for the last few days" and saying they needed to "optimise the router" and "make our Internet secure".

After the above preamble they immediately asked what colour the light on the "router" was.

On both occasions I've not given any information and told them I believed it was a scam and not to call again.

We've had many recorded phone call messages "from BT" in the past saying our Internet would be disconnected if we didn't blah, blah blah, but this is first time we've had people actually phoning up claiming to be from Virgin.

I've never know VM to be pro-active in diagnosing connection issues!

So I'm 99.9% certain this is a scam, just wanted reassurance, and/or confirmation that others have received similar (scam) calls.

Many thanks.
Yep a scam. As if Virgin Media care what speeds you get, let alone to actually call you up about it...
Old 10-08-2022, 18:24   #3
vm883be47b49
cf.member

vm883be47b49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Yep a scam. As if Virgin Media care what speeds you get, let alone to actually call you up about it...
Thanks peanut.

Hopefully this also serves as a warning to others who may receive similar calls.
vm883be47b49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 18:37   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

I treat every call a scam. If one comes in that so happens to be with a company I am with I just call the numbers I know are legit and ask them if they called.

Obvious scams I often play along with though for a bit
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote