Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Losing broadband at same time every day?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Losing broadband at same time every day?

Old 04-08-2022, 13:19   #1
Matthew S
cf.member

Matthew S is an unknown quantity at this point
Losing broadband at same time every day?

Hi all. I've been losing my broadband connection (350 fibre) every day for the last few days, around about midday each day. The superhub switches to solid green lights and no connection for several hours, before coming back on line late afternoon or early evening.

I have a technican booked for the weeked, but this is the first time I've had an intermittent problem rather than complete loss of service, so I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced something like this before and has any suggestions on what might be causing it. If the broadband is working when the technician arrives, I really don't want him shrugging his shoulders and leaving if the problem is going to reoccur.

Thanks.
Matthew S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2022, 15:06   #2
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Losing broadband at same time every day?

Does the cleaner turn up around midday by any chance?

IT joke aside, is something being turned on daily at that time that could somehow interfere with it?

Its a shame you can't arrange for the technician to turn up at that time.

Years ago I had a problem where if my telephone rang, my internet died. Engineer turned up and said it was impossible so I started a constant ping going and called my number from a mobile and he watched the pings stop responding. Turns out some bad cabling near/under the street had got wet and the increased voltage or something of the incoming call affected it. Would never have got that resolved without him seeing it.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 16:16   #3
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Losing broadband at same time every day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Does the cleaner turn up around midday by any chance?

IT joke aside, is something being turned on daily at that time that could somehow interfere with it?

Its a shame you can't arrange for the technician to turn up at that time.

Years ago I had a problem where if my telephone rang, my internet died. Engineer turned up and said it was impossible so I started a constant ping going and called my number from a mobile and he watched the pings stop responding. Turns out some bad cabling near/under the street had got wet and the increased voltage or something of the incoming call affected it. Would never have got that resolved without him seeing it.
Snap, never did get it resolved and left the provider shortly afterwards.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote