Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 09-01-2021, 00:26   #496
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

there is a profile button on the side of the remote which is pretty handy to switch between profiles.

actually pretty impressed with the new software so far, voice control on recordings to skip ads is wort it alone.

but only had one box before so havent "lost" the extra recording space.

I am reluctant to say this as well, but the picture quality appears better to me. might just be better upscaling or something odd, or could just be me to be fair. things like bbc on the lg oled just look sharper, ive always let the boxes do the upscaling and de interlacing
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2021, 16:09   #497
gaz82
cf.member

gaz82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, I've just moved from Sky Q to Virgin's Ultimate Oomph bundle with the TV360 boxes and I was concerned at first after reading the stories on here and other forums but I'm pleasantly surprised! It's not all that different to Sky Q to be honest!

At the risk of being shot down, we had a V6 box a couple of years ago before we had Sky Q and I actually found the V6 difficult to use which prompted the move to Sky!
gaz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 19:48   #498
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz82 View Post
I agree, I've just moved from Sky Q to Virgin's Ultimate Oomph bundle with the TV360 boxes and I was concerned at first after reading the stories on here and other forums but I'm pleasantly surprised! It's not all that different to Sky Q to be honest!

At the risk of being shot down, we had a V6 box a couple of years ago before we had Sky Q and I actually found the V6 difficult to use which prompted the move to Sky!
I find the V6 extremely easy to use! However, I am very desperate to find more information about the 360. I love the idea of the new UI, but I am put off by the people who say that the recordings cannot recognise what you have already watched, and that they cannot distinguish old shows from new shows. I need also convinced by whether or not you can bookmark programmes!

When they have fixed that I might sign up!!
Old 09-01-2021, 21:24   #499
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz82 View Post

Really, in what way?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 22:05   #500
gaz82
cf.member

gaz82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Really, in what way?
For example, this:

https://www.virginmedia.com/snippets...s-link-plus-v6

On Sky Q and TV360 you can set a single recording or series link by pressing a button twice. Done.

On the V6 there was a plethora of different options to set. This is fine for those technically minded or someone that wants that type of granular control but for the basic user that just wants to set and forget I just find Sky Q and TV360 easier.

Secondly, the V6 EPG is a mess! I like how on the TV360 if there's a HD version of the channel the SD channel has been removed from the EPG. Similarly with Sky, the SD channel is moved up into the 800's out of the way.

These may be trivial points for some, but each to their own!
gaz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 01:09   #501
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I find the V6 extremely easy to use! However, I am very desperate to find more information about the 360. I love the idea of the new UI, but I am put off by the people who say that the recordings cannot recognise what you have already watched, and that they cannot distinguish old shows from new shows. I need also convinced by whether or not you can bookmark programmes!

When they have fixed that I might sign up!!
Are we still getting the new UI for V6 ? If so it may be worth while waiting!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 17:14   #502
kanedx
cf.member

kanedx is on a distinguished roadkanedx is on a distinguished road

hey everyone we got the 360 boxes today from virgin, all setup now, just wondering how to bookmark shows from netflix and amazon like you could do on the v6 box? cant seem to figure out how to do it as your search results dont show netflix, thanks
kanedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 17:49   #503
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedx View Post
hey everyone we got the 360 boxes today from virgin, all setup now, just wondering how to bookmark shows from netflix and amazon like you could do on the v6 box? cant seem to figure out how to do it as your search results dont show netflix, thanks
If you can’t do that, it is another reason why I would not want the 360 software. Hopefully, that will change soon, or it would be a huge backward step.
Old 13-01-2021, 18:23   #504
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

By bookmark, do you mean using the search to find a show, so you can find it later more easily? Or was it more granular that that?

Sorry haven't been a Virgin user myself for some time, and never made use of that function on TiVO.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 18:28   #505
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

On the V6, you can search for a Netflix or Amazon show and you can bookmark that show or a whole series. It will then show up under ‘My Shows’ with your recordings. If you then select that programme from ‘My Shows’ it will take you straight into your bookmarked programme.

If that is not available on the 360, it is a major omission, in my view, but it may simply be that the necessary permissions are pending approval by Netflix and Amazon.

Either way, I most certainly wouldn’t sign up without it.
Old 13-01-2021, 18:32   #506
kanedx
cf.member

kanedx is on a distinguished roadkanedx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
On the V6, you can search for a Netflix or Amazon show and you can bookmark that show or a whole series. It will then show up under ‘My Shows’ with your recordings. If you then select that programme from ‘My Shows’ it will take you straight into your bookmarked programme.

If that is not available on the 360, it is a major omission, in my view, but it may simply be that the necessary permissions are pending approval by Netflix and Amazon.

Either way, I most certainly wouldn’t sign up without it.
yeah you would search for a show or film and select the "bookmark show/tv series" option, then it would appear in "my shows" for quick access, doesnt seem possible, they have added a watchlist option but no netflix is there and only a handful of things have appeared from amazon prime video, seems a major backwards step as this was incredibly useful for my disabled father to remember his shows etc, hopefully gets added again properly
kanedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 18:35   #507
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

So there is similar system called 'Watchlists' I think it's called. It bookmarks in the same way but there are two observations:
  • It doesn't work with Netflix because they have taken the decision to make it harder to aggregate their content so you need to go into the app - this is a change in policy which affects all over the top providers (Sky & Google TV can't do this either).*
  • It seems to be generally hit and miss whether it's an option or not on programmes - sometimes it was there and sometimes it wasn't - I'm assuming that's just a software bug at the moment that will get resolved

*This doesn't affect TiVO because the system was already set-up and in place.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 18:14   #508
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

The more I hear about 360 the worse it sounds!
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 11:47   #509
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The more I hear about 360 the worse it sounds!
Ditto.

It really sounds like they've launched this software way too early.

I'm keeping a keen eye on this thread, when things improve (and my V6 hard drive is reasonably empty) I'll take the plunge
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 12:14   #510
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Ditto.

It really sounds like they've launched this software way too early.

I'm keeping a keen eye on this thread, when things improve (and my V6 hard drive is reasonably empty) I'll take the plunge
l will let you go before me..