Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2021, 12:36   #256
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Must be different on VM then.
Yeah but for HD in entertainment SKY still charge £6p/m and a extra £4p/m for UHD, however you do get UHD free if you have multiroom.
Imo it's ridicolous charging for HD in this day and age.
Old 27-02-2021, 13:55   #257
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Yeah but for HD in entertainment SKY still charge £6p/m and a extra £4p/m for UHD, however you do get UHD free if you have multiroom.

I've got skyQ with multi room and I do not get UHD free!
Old 27-02-2021, 14:23   #258
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Contact them mate.

Edit: just seen on SKYs forums they have now stopped including UHD in multiscreen as of July last year, shows how long it's been since i had multiroom lol.
Old 27-02-2021, 20:07   #259
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well VM gives you UHD for free on the full house-type packages, except for the Sky content.

It’s just Sky that likes to charge extra for the picture quality content.

Hopefully, competitors will put them to shame for this practice sooner rather than later.
Old 28-02-2021, 01:32   #260
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well VM gives you UHD for free on the full house-type packages, except for the Sky content.

It’s just Sky that likes to charge extra for the picture quality content.

Hopefully, competitors will put them to shame for this practice sooner rather than later.
They do already

Amazon Prime & Disney + offer UHD sometimes in HDR

Yet on Now TV it is an extra £3 a month for HD

Shocking when your already paying a tenner a month for a handful of channels or £12 for Cinema
Old 28-02-2021, 02:48   #261
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
They do already

Shocking when your already paying a tenner a month for a handful of channels or £12 for Cinema
Netflix also charge extra for HD and UHD. SKY Cinema price is a joke imo without offers £12 on Nowtv or £19 on SKY, there is a £5.99p/m offer going around for SKY Cinema on Nowtv atm, and on SKY it's £11p/m.
Old 28-02-2021, 10:31   #262
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
They do already

Completely agree , it's madness on the part of Sky.

With competitors content available in both HD , UHD and HDR and offering the ability to watch on a wide range of devices and upto 4 concurrent streams its laughable that both Sky and Virgin continue with these absurd amounts for greater picture quality and multiroom.

Last time I looked Sky was something like £14 for Multiroom
Old 28-02-2021, 13:16   #263
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Completely agree , it's madness on the part of Sky.

With competitors content available in both HD , UHD and HDR and offering the ability to watch on a wide range of devices and upto 4 concurrent streams its laughable that both Sky and Virgin continue with these absurd amounts for greater picture quality and multiroom.

Last time I looked Sky was something like £14 for Multiroom
Yeah £14 is standard price their excuse is "oh but you can have upto 4 boxes at £50 each though"
There is a offer on my account atm multiroom £10p/m with 2 free boxes then £50 per additional box, still a no from me i'll just use SKYGO on my chromebook lol.
Old 28-02-2021, 17:20   #264
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Especially the abhorrent quality of Sky Sports "HD" on Virgin
Old 28-02-2021, 19:35   #265
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtolemyIV View Post
Do you really think that's the correct description of their HD feed?
Looks fine on my TV, maybe you need a new telly.
Old 28-02-2021, 21:17   #266
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtolemyIV View Post
Don't look at Sky Sports Mix SD then... I swear it's got worse over the last year or so. Odd how likes of Sky 1 SD and the Sky Witness SD have pretty reasonable picture quality, but Mix SD is noticeably worse.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:48   #267
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Don't look at Sky Sports Mix SD then... I swear it's got worse over the last year or so. Odd how likes of Sky 1 SD and the Sky Witness SD have pretty reasonable picture quality, but Mix SD is noticeably worse.
I have an LG OLED. It is markedly worse than football on other HD channels
Old 01-03-2021, 12:15   #268
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not good on SkyQ either.

Mix is listed under sports in the SkyQ EPG but you don't get HD included even though you have it free for sports channels!
Old 01-03-2021, 16:58   #269
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Article on Virgin TV Edit about the new MTV Play app:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...p-on-virgin-tv

I'm not entirely sure what content the app includes that wasn't already available via the main On Demand and Catch Up menus but I'm sure some viewers will find it useful with everything in one place.

A press release has also gone out today with a few quotes including... "Virgin TV is all about giving our customers all of their favourite content and streaming apps in one place."

I expect the arrival of Disney+ and Discovery+ will be met with a much bigger reaction.
Old 01-03-2021, 20:12   #270
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Lifetime HD closed as scheduled. The closure slate is a bit random, they've redirected viewers to other channels like usual and the inclusion of both TLC and MTV makes sense, but Sky One and Paramount Network don't. I think they should have listed ITVBe and CBS Reality which are aimed at the kind of demographic that Lifetime HD was.
Closed Thread