Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 08-02-2021, 16:55   #661
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You seem to struggle to understand anyone who has different uses and circumstances to that of your own.

1TB isn't massive recording capacity when you factor in UHD and HD in large family households were the whole family use the box.
Quite agree . personally my v6 rarely moves pass 6%
Old 08-02-2021, 17:33   #662
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Given VM started introducing new encoders in October last year (thanks spiderplant again for that) which greatly reduces the space used for recordings, the problem isn't anything like as bad as it was. My storage indicator barely moves these days, except down when I delete old (pre-new-encoder) recordings.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 19:02   #663
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
You will only see the channels you have selected on your profile and your wife will only see hers on her pofile. In fact, you do not need to limit the profiles to individuals. You can create a profile for anything - such as moods or seasons.
Thank you, heavyside. That clears that up!

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Recordings are shared across the profiles. Channels in the guide and watchlists are per profile
Got it, thanks Ben.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Most people aren't interested, in apps profiles or talking to their remote as they have no friends....

They just want to watch/record tv. As this will end up with many having less recording space, can't see the point
It depends on personal preferences, Mr K. My wife wants to watch a lot of reality shows (which I detest) but our recordings and bookmarks are quite extensive, so some of her programmes fall down the list quite a long way and she never bothers to look beyond about the first dozen pages or so. If all her stuff was under her profile, the whole display would be for only her stuff and it will be much easier for her to find them.

I’d probably go for three profiles - one for me (the more gritty stuff I watch after my wife falls asleep late at night), one for my wife and the other for us both. This would make life a lot easier!

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
IMHO 1TB is more than enough for the purposes of watching recordings at a convenient time.
Anyone wanting a bigger storage capacity is archiving material they will never get round to watching.
That’s only true if you spend a lot of time watching live scheduled TV, which is a poor use of your time.

I record or bookmark everything we are likely to watch so we can see our programmes at times suitable for us and to skip through those pesky commercials.
Old 08-02-2021, 23:50   #664
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
IMHO 1TB is more than enough for the purposes of watching recordings at a convenient time.
Much like 640K of memory ought to be enough for anybody

That didnt work out so well.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:33   #665
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Much like 640K of memory ought to be enough for anybody

That didnt work out so well.

Indeed
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 13:25   #666
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

It's clear that memory recording size should bear some proportion to household size and consumption of linear channels.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 14:22   #667
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Independent of family size, there are only 24 hours in each day. How many hours of recordings can you watch in one day.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 14:41   #668
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Independent of family size, there are only 24 hours in each day. How many hours of recordings can you watch in one day.
Isn't it trendy with some generations to watch films with sub-titles at double speed? So more content than you might think!
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 16:06   #669
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

what a weird conversation. Personally 1tb is more than enough for us, but I can fully imagine that isn't the same for everyone. Apart from anything, as soon as you see things going over a certain point, you then start to think about it and that alone can be a pain. Main reason I buy phones with amazing battery, just dont need to think about it.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 16:24   #670
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Totally agree with you, I know we are restricted due to the Chinese flu , but when we eventually get back to some normality then maybe some people should get out a bit more than be sitting watching TV all day...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 16:36   #671
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Totally agree with you, I know we are restricted due to the Chinese flu , but when we eventually get back to some normality then maybe some people should get out a bit more than be sitting watching TV all day...
the internet brings the worst out in people

my bro has 3 kids, they all like different stuff. they all like to watch stuff over and over, I dont do this, I am not 9 years old.

its called "different experiences" and zero need to use every opportunity for people to feel superior by judging
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 16:54   #672
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Am really confused now.. Virgin delivered me new boxes afterall and they are labelled humax but are exactly the same as V6s (of which I already have 3 but presumably updated 360 software) and both say 1tb hard drives underneath? Obv got no activation text and just get an error message saying account not found on the screen!
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 17:01   #673
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Except, the more you go out the more you need to record as you are not in to watch it live.

It's all about time-shifting and removing the need to watch adverts.

I agree 1Tb is probably enough for some - however for others it is woefully inadequate.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 17:25   #674
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PtolemyIV View Post
Am really confused now.. Virgin delivered me new boxes afterall and they are labelled humax but are exactly the same as V6s (of which I already have 3 but presumably updated 360 software) and both say 1tb hard drives underneath? Obv got no activation text and just get an error message saying account not found on the screen!
Try connecting the other box up and see if it activates. Some boxes are auto-activating now.

They do seem to be sending 2x1TB boxes to some people. Maybe they are short of minis.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 18:33   #675
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
the internet brings the worst out in people

my bro has 3 kids, they all like different stuff. they all like to watch stuff over and over, I dont do this, I am not 9 years old.

its called "different experiences" and zero need to use every opportunity for people to feel superior by judging
Hence that post...
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote