Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Is it cable forum that is the cause ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Security & Virus Discussion

Is it cable forum that is the cause ?
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 19:43   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Is it cable forum that is the cause ?

Ok so kerpasky does not let me use cable forum on pc. Hence use tablet. Last 48 hrs I have been getting a lot of spam emails to one address. As I use a different account s for EVERY site/forum . And a number of servers . It is down to this forum ( the address is the one used here only) as the server is used for more than one address seems unlikely to be from that source. Would it not come to more than one address?
Old 10-11-2020, 21:28   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Is it cable forum that is the cause ?

Is it the cause of what ?

If kerpasky does not let you use CF then thats a problem with kerpasky.

(I assume you actually mean Kaspersky ?)

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 11-11-2020, 19:58   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Add the site to the firewalls whitelist that way it enables u to use the site thats been marked as a false positive.
Old 12-11-2020, 20:32   #4
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Is it the cause of what ?

If kerpasky does not let you use CF then thats a problem with kerpasky.

(I assume you actually mean Kaspersky ?)
So to be clear Spam e mails to and address only given to cable forum . The provider of the server has a number of addresses the one on cable forum IS the only address that is getting them . Have 12 active addresses all others clean
It's says that there is a data miner .and I guess that data is the email address only used on this site.which is getting spam e mails .the address provider is used of more that one e mail yet cable forum is the only one with problems .. yes i
Mean Kaspersky .how ever typing on a tablet is hard work ! As you can see from the paragraphs. Whitelist I don't think so. Works on tablet even though I guess it were it is getting my address. As I have no tie up between the two other than an e mail address .which is a dead end I can live with it. Sent message to Kaspersky and they stand by the report . Guess the creators of this site know better than them

Last edited by Itshim; 12-11-2020 at 20:37.
Old 13-11-2020, 16:29   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Guess the creators of this site know better than them
Yes we do, and with that attitude there is nothing more to add.
You should re-read this : https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33709209

JFYI, according to "Have I been Pwned" your 'unique' email address shows up in 10 data breaches over the years.

Old 14-11-2020, 20:53   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes we do, and with that attitude there is nothing more to add.
You should re-read this : https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33709209

JFYI, according to "Have I been Pwned" your 'unique' email address shows up in 10 data breaches over the years.
And cable forum is the only site that has it. Told by local shop Tec that he believes that sites sell information such as e mail addresses. So it does not suprise him. By the way Norton also reports the same problem .

Last edited by Paul; 14-11-2020 at 23:30. Reason: Another dig and you wont have to leave, i'll remove you.
Old 14-11-2020, 23:28   #7
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
And cable forum is the only site that has it. Told by local shop Tec that he believes that sites sell information such as e mail addresses. So it does not suprise him.
Obviously it isnt, but whatever - feel free to keep getting your info from the local shop, Im sure they are all experts.

Oh, and feel free to leave the site anytime.

Closed Thread