Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2018, 18:02   #2251
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Freesports wont appeal much to the football fan, Bull Riding!! lol, looks like there's quite a lot of rugby on there, womens hockey etc, doesn't appeal to me at all.
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2018, 18:28   #2252
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Freesports wont appeal much to the football fan, Bull Riding!! lol, looks like there's quite a lot of rugby on there, womens hockey etc, doesn't appeal to me at all.
Ladies in bikinis in HD kind of Bull Riding?

Who needs Sky Sports lol

I watched a bit of Ice Hockey and it kept me hooked for about 2 minutes the picture was good, it made a change from the abysmal SD Freesports picture. I wont be watching the channel much though.

Last edited by mot12; 25-09-2018 at 18:31.
Old 25-09-2018, 18:37   #2253
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

FreeSports had some NHL ice hockey last season, no idea if they will this season. They have UK ice hockey league this year and I think UK basketball league coverage (they certainly did last season).

There is football, though it's more the likes of Benfica Vs Desportivo Aves full replay I saw when I put the channel on this morning to check the picture quality.
Old 25-09-2018, 18:42   #2254
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
FreeSports had some NHL ice hockey last season, no idea if they will this season. They have UK ice hockey league this year and I think UK basketball league coverage (they certainly did last season).

There is football, though it's more the likes of Benfica Vs Desportivo Aves full replay I saw when I put the channel on this morning to check the picture quality.
A chance to check the HD quality of GOLDHD at 8. There wont be many opportunities.
Old 25-09-2018, 18:50   #2255
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's not
According to the TV & Satellite Week, 5 USA is on channels 141 and 169. I thought that indicated the SD and HD numbers, but I now see I made a mistake. Sorry!
Old 25-09-2018, 18:56   #2256
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
According to the TV & Satellite Week, 5 USA is on channels 141 and 169. I thought that indicated the SD and HD numbers, but I now see I made a mistake. Sorry!
On my box 141 is 5 USA (SD) and 169 is BBC Alba

The 5 USA catch-up seems to be available in HD but there is no HD linear channel.
Old 25-09-2018, 19:03   #2257
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Although i'm a fan of the UKTV channels don't see much point of Gold in HD, most of the programmes weren't made in HD.
Agree . ITV made a lot of series using film in the sixties and seventies eg Persuaders ,so HD is possible for those series.
Old 25-09-2018, 21:29   #2258
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not! From the "Customer News" section on the V6 box (Home>Help&Settings>Help>Customer News>HD as Standard recordings &...):

" We want you to enjoy your favourite TV at its best, so we're swapping some of your standard definition channels for their high definition versions.

This means you'll lose some standard definition channels from your TV guide, but they'll be replaced with their better looking counterparts.

In some cases you might lose your standard definition recordings after 3 months if they were taken from a channel that is now "vacant".

You might also have to adjust your Series Link for these channels (if you use them) or switch to using Series Link+ to make sure you're getting episodes from all available channels.

Plus, don't forget that recorded HD programmes will take up more space on your TV Box."

Last edited by paul0363; 25-09-2018 at 22:00.
Old 25-09-2018, 22:01   #2259
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Interesting decision to replace Gold SD with Gold HD rather than having both available, as there are many other TV channels that they could do the same but haven't done, for example 4Seven, Paramount Network, Quest, CBBC, Cbeebies, BBC News, Nat Geo Wild, History, Crime + Investigation, all of the Sky Cinema channels, and all of the BT Sport channels.

They have incorrectly labelled FreeSports HD as Freesports HD in the EPG.
Those all launched whilst there were still SD only V boxes on the network, so both versions were needed.

Those boxes are all either swapped or decommissioned now, and the remaining boxes with Scart outputs can downscale HD. So there is no need to have both an SD and HD version of Gold.

There are quite a few other HD only channels on Virgin Media now.

Last edited by BenMcr; 25-09-2018 at 22:05.
Old 25-09-2018, 22:22   #2260
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned or not! From the "Customer News" section on the V6 box (Home>Help&Settings>Help>Customer News>HD as Standard recordings &...):

" We want you to enjoy your favourite TV at its best, so we're swapping some of your standard definition channels for their high definition versions.

This means you'll lose some standard definition channels from your TV guide, but they'll be replaced with their better looking counterparts.

In some cases you might lose your standard definition recordings after 3 months if they were taken from a channel that is now "vacant".

You might also have to adjust your Series Link for these channels (if you use them) or switch to using Series Link+ to make sure you're getting episodes from all available channels.

Plus, don't forget that recorded HD programmes will take up more space on your TV Box."
I'm guessing they weren't specific about which ones?
Old 25-09-2018, 22:27   #2261
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Those all launched whilst there were still SD only V boxes on the network, so both versions were needed.

Those boxes are all either swapped or decommissioned now, and the remaining boxes with Scart outputs can downscale HD. So there is no need to have both an SD and HD version of Gold.

There are quite a few other HD only channels on Virgin Media now.
Hence my point that they could do the same, but have not so far.

Given what has been spotted in Customer News maybe we are about to see many other SD versions removed.
Old 25-09-2018, 22:32   #2262
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I'm guessing they weren't specific about which ones?
No - what's posted is a word for word copy of what's in the Customer News section - there is no more info there
Old 26-09-2018, 03:05   #2263
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Just read that Box Nation has been removed from Sky, is it still broadcasting on VM (I don't subscribe to it)?
Old 26-09-2018, 05:43   #2264
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It is still on Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Just read that Box Nation has been removed from Sky, is it still broadcasting on VM (I don't subscribe to it)?
Old 26-09-2018, 07:23   #2265
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Another music channel goes to the dogs with VH-1 becoming a lifestyle channel. I really liked this music channel when we first got it on cable - I think it is a real pity that its programming changed, and this is the last straw. I won't be watching VH-1 ever again now.

Just as well we have YouTube.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...style-channel/
Closed Thread