Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 22-09-2018, 12:35   #2221
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

I think most OD over Virgin complaints are more down to using the old TiVo boxes rather than the V6.
Advertisement
Old 22-09-2018, 12:57   #2222
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think most OD over Virgin complaints are more down to using the old TiVo boxes rather than the V6.
Yes we have no experience with V6 but had problems with OD using the old TiVo boxes and the even older V+ or whatever it was called (on that it was near unusable at peak times).
Old 22-09-2018, 13:06   #2223
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I’d have fully expected you to have issues, it’s the best way for you to continue to promote Sky in a discussion about cable services.
Old 22-09-2018, 13:16   #2224
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’d have fully expected you to have issues, it’s the best way for you to continue to promote Sky in a discussion about cable services.
My problems when I had them were discussed many moons back with Spiderplant so sorry you've got the wrong end of the stick. The problem was to many trying to access the service in the evenings we also struggles with some peak time contention with the broadband.

I'm starting to see why you got a ban over on DS , I guess some people like to believe they are always right and struggle to converse with people and accept differing opinions.

Last edited by muppetman11; 22-09-2018 at 13:20.
Old 22-09-2018, 13:31   #2225
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There have been many documented problems with On Demand over Virgin in fact lots and lots.
It used to be a nightmare, but the V6 appears to have cured these problems. I watch far more on demand these days with the better reliability and the increased number of tuners.
Old 22-09-2018, 13:38   #2226
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
My problems when I had them were discussed many moons back with Spiderplant so sorry you've got the wrong end of the stick. The problem was to many trying to access the service in the evenings we also struggles with some peak time contention with the broadband.

I'm starting to see why you got a ban over on DS , I guess some people like to believe they are always right and struggle to converse with people and accept differing opinions.
On the contrary - I supposedly reregistered in 2010 with a near identical name. Having upset a clique over there who didn’t like being proven wrong that was a breach of T&Cs according to admin who hadn’t noticed for 8 years. Anyway we’ve been told by moderators here that subject has to be left alone.

I just find your contribution to this thread curious, as you obviously aren’t that interested in what may or may not be coming soon to Virgin Media.
Old 22-09-2018, 13:52   #2227
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It used to be a nightmare, but the V6 appears to have cured these problems. I watch far more on demand these days with the better reliability and the increased number of tuners.
I don't doubt it , I have family members with V6 who love it. The bulk of my issues came from the Samsung V+ and On Demand in the evening.

All services suffer problems and downtime but on the V+ the service was more miss during the evening sadly.
Old 22-09-2018, 14:00   #2228
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
On the contrary - I supposedly reregistered in 2010 with a near identical name. Having upset a clique over there who didn’t like being proven wrong that was a breach of T&Cs according to admin who hadn’t noticed for 8 years. Anyway we’ve been told by moderators here that subject has to be left alone.

I just find your contribution to this thread curious, as you obviously aren’t that interested in what may or may not be coming soon to Virgin Media.
To be fair, there are a lot of people who are flexible and switch providers from time to time. By keeping an eye on the forums of other providers, you become more aware of issues and developments.

Whether or not muppetman fits into this category, I tbink he makes a useful contribution to cable forum (even though he gets rather irritated with me sometimes!).

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Quote:
I don't doubt it , I have family members with V6 who love it. The bulk of my issues came from the Samsung V+ and On Demand in the evening.

All services suffer problems and downtime but on the V+ the service was more miss during the evening sadly.
I know, it was certainly unreliable in those days, and on the Tivo, BBC i-Player was virtually unwatchable.

Happy to say that the V6 is a tremendous improvement and we've had absolutely no issues since we got two of them about 18 months or so ago.
Old 22-09-2018, 14:00   #2229
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
To be fair, there are a lot of people who are flexible and switch providers from time to time. By keeping an eye on the forums of other providers, you become more aware of issues and developments.

Whether or not muppetman fits into this category, I tbink he makes a useful contribution to cable forum (even though he gets rather irritated with me sometimes!).
Never OB friendly banter just as it is with Den.
Old 24-09-2018, 18:36   #2230
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Just seen on Twitter here
https://twitter.com/FreeSportsUK/sta...53845935857666

FreeSports in HD is on Virgin Media from tomorrow!
Old 24-09-2018, 18:40   #2231
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post

Christ, that came out of nowhere. Thanks, cheekyangus!
Old 24-09-2018, 18:41   #2232
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

so 2 HD channels tomorrow

Gold HD
Freesports HD

Last edited by Dave42; 24-09-2018 at 18:47.
Old 24-09-2018, 18:57   #2233
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post

Hmmm, I wonder if we'll get Premier Sports 2 in HD too.
Old 24-09-2018, 19:57   #2234
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

It seems that some satellite viewers are not at all happy that it won't be on Sky for the time being. Not sure what the delay is there unless Sky see this as too much competition with their own sports channels.
Old 24-09-2018, 20:04   #2235
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
It seems that some satellite viewers are not at all happy that it won't be on Sky for the time being. Not sure what the delay is there unless Sky see this as too much competition with their own sports channels.
hmmmmmmmmmmm sky sports is millions time better than freesport OB
Closed Thread