Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2018, 00:44   #1486
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
just changed now
What have you changed into, Dave?
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2018, 00:51   #1487
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What have you changed into, Dave?
channels have changed silly
Old 22-07-2018, 00:58   #1488
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Still don't get why they had to move/duplicate More4 and More4+1. The new channel names have a full stop at the end to distinguish them.
Old 22-07-2018, 01:24   #1489
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
When does sky launch it’s dish free service
No idea. We'll have to wait for the Comcast takeover to complete and see what they say.
Old 22-07-2018, 05:08   #1490
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why should you be surprised? I don't know about you, but I have been questioning for a while why I am paying for these inferior services when I could pick up these programmes on Freeview. If you ask me, I think we have been taken for a ride!

I really cannot understand what all the fuss is about!
Because not everyone has an aerial and/or access to Freeview in full or in part. In addition, without extra equipment and faffing about they can't be recorded.

You yourself said that you wanted Amazon Prime to come to VM so that everything was neatly and conveniently in one place.

---------- Post added at 05:08 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think it's quite unprecedented that VM is telling its cable TV customers to virtually plug the aerial in!
Yes, I too was surprised at this. A dangerous game to play as some may find that Freeview perfectly meets their needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
The EPG is a frigging mess. Duplicate channels all over the shop. The total services thing now says 512 it's going up an up, they don't know what they're doing.

Just restarting see if that helps the duplicate channels thing, probably not.
Another problem that this is causing is that the V6 thinks that the duplicates are different channels and is listing the same programme twice. I'm not sure if it will actually record both as i've deleted the duplicates because in some cases it wasn't going to record things on other channels due to clashes.

Couple this with the fact that the V6 is now (correctly) picking things up from the recently added channels and Planned Recordings are somewhat of a mess.

I'd advise people to check their planned recordings as you may find that what you expect to be recorded won't be.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:09   #1491
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
No idea. We'll have to wait for the Comcast takeover to complete and see what they say.
Comcast has nothing to do with the dish free service that's been in the works for ages long before Comcast showed interest in Sky.
Old 22-07-2018, 09:34   #1492
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

I don’t get why paramount and others are on twice like paramount HD on 124 and 187
Old 22-07-2018, 11:19   #1493
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I don’t get why paramount and others are on twice like paramount HD on 124 and 187
It's to make you think you're getting a new channel if you have seen it before

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

I see all my series links for watch and alibi are still there.

Search for offcom general condition 9.6 guidance and it will let you know where you stand, seems that you can leave if you want due to the change
Old 22-07-2018, 11:21   #1494
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

187 is its correct channel - it is on 124 to replace a UKTV channel which may (or may not) get re-added soon
Quote:
Old 22-07-2018, 11:27   #1495
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Yeah, 124 was GOLD.
Old 22-07-2018, 11:30   #1496
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

VM are reporting on Twitter that the free UKTV channels will be restored with permission from the broadcaster themselves.
Old 22-07-2018, 11:31   #1497
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
VM are reporting on Twitter that the free UKTV channels will be restored with permission from the broadcaster themselves.
Will be interesting to see who blinked if this is true.
Old 22-07-2018, 12:16   #1498
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Will be interesting to see who blinked if this is true.
Doesn't look like that'll be happening

Quote:
"UKTV is insisting on holding back its channels, like Dave, which are freely available over the air and online, unless we pay inflated sums of money for its paid channels like Gold."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44915060
Old 22-07-2018, 12:29   #1499
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, I too was surprised at this. A dangerous game to play as some may find that Freeview perfectly meets their needs...
Nail on the head! The more services that someone takes from VM, the less likely they are to leave. So by encouraging people to use Freeview, they will not only risk losing customers as a TV customer but as a broadband customer too. I can see people saying "I didn't realise they had all these channels on Freeview now. "I didn't know Netflix, ITV Hub and 4OD were on my telly, why does Virgin make such a big deal about its catch-up services when anyone can get them"
Old 22-07-2018, 12:41   #1500
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Nail on the head! The more services that someone takes from VM, the less likely they are to leave. So by encouraging people to use Freeview, they will not only risk losing customers as a TV customer but as a broadband customer too. I can see people saying "I didn't realise they had all these channels on Freeview now. "I didn't know Netflix, ITV Hub and 4OD were on my telly, why does Virgin make such a big deal about its catch-up services when anyone can get them"
It's a very good point and one I'm contemplating but I have 1 issue BB through BT line in my area is max 2gb on a good day according to Sam knows I'm 3.9miles from my local exchange
Closed Thread