Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Big Brother returns on Channel 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Big Brother returns on Channel 5

Old 31-01-2011, 20:20   #211
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: Big Brother: Channel 5 close to deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
I believe it was only Telewest viewers that had the red button live feed, for only one or two series
It wasn't just Telewest. I was/am with VM (former NTL area - not Telewest) and had red button live service for one or two seasons with VM. I was really interested in it in the beginning. Couldn't be bothered with a few seasons in the middle, but have watched the last 3 or 4. Always watch the launch with a view to not watching the series, but get hooked anyway.

I did think it was getting past its sell by date, and was quite happy that they were ending it.

The Channel 5 thing though isn't new news - it was announced halfway through the series that C5 were buying it. Obviously talks have taken longer than planned, but it's not a surprise. Rumours were high that it was going to completely revamp the format.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2011, 20:25   #212
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Talks broke down and Richard Desmond walked away from the table and wouldn't give a deal but they have come back now and it looks like they both agreed to whatever and sorted there differences
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 20:51   #213
savvychels
cf.geek

savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
Talks broke down and Richard Desmond walked away from the table and wouldn't give a deal but they have come back now and it looks like they both agreed to whatever and sorted there differences
Ah, thanks for that. I had just assumed it was pretty much a done deal last year. It will be interesting to see what C5 do with it, but I'm not overly bothered either way. (and no that's not a slam on BB fans - I was hooked last year on the JJJ thing so was on the receiving end of the nasties LOL)
Old 31-01-2011, 21:11   #214
Sasha222
Inactive

Your more than welcome

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Ah, thanks for that. I had just assumed it was pretty much a done deal last year. It will be interesting to see what C5 do with it, but I'm not overly bothered either way. (and no that's not a slam on BB fans - I was hooked last year on the JJJ thing so was on the receiving end of the nasties LOL)
Who were the nasties?
Old 31-01-2011, 23:29   #215
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

It will be a dark dark day if this goes ahead.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 23:30   #216
Sasha222
Inactive

Why?
Old 31-01-2011, 23:37   #217
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Because its a sad excuse for a tv programme, and about as entertaining as watching grass grow. A bunch of sad weirdos, apparently chosen just to aggravate each other. C4 gave the mercy killing it required.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2011, 23:41   #218
Sasha222
Inactive

Ok I understand you dont like it and I respect you for that and thats ok. But a lot of people like it so I really dont see what the big deal is. Each to there own and its not like you have one station and are stuck in watching it. I avoid programmes I dont like
Old 01-02-2011, 00:25   #219
savvychels
cf.geek

Quote:
Your more than welcome

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Who were the nasties?

Not on this forum - over on DS. They thought those of us who believed JJJ was real were living in cloud cookoo land and weren't very nice about it. same kind of nastiness that goes on between the 'I love BB and I hate BB' factions.
Old 01-02-2011, 00:49   #220
Sasha222
Inactive

Ah right. I didn't like John James but other people did and I think he got away with an awful lot. I loved Ben. He was cute
Old 01-02-2011, 00:50   #221
lawe
cf.member

Services: 200mb Gamer, 3 Sim, Sky+/Netflix
lawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the rough

I for one am very glad it will be back.
My only worry is will they be able to equal if not better what they achived in the final BB?

As to those who do not like it, do what I do when Football comes on, turn over!
Old 01-02-2011, 00:58   #222
Sasha222
Inactive

I bet they will do a better job than Channel four as they will want to attract back the fans and if they dont interfer with the format of the nominations and are strict when rules are broken and also have it a vote to save insted of evict they will do well and also have good tasks
Old 01-02-2011, 01:19   #223
lawe
cf.member

Services: 200mb Gamer, 3 Sim, Sky+/Netflix
lawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the roughlawe is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I bet they will do a better job than Channel four as they will want to attract back the fans and if they dont interfer with the format of the nominations and are strict when rules are broken and also have it a vote to save insted of evict they will do well and also have good tasks
Agree. You also forgot Mrs Brother! The delicious Davina
Old 01-02-2011, 09:38   #224
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Another morning, another linky

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...other-job.html
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:47   #225
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Thanks so much dilli for the link. Really appricate it. I wouldn't want her as the host. I would prefer someone new and fresh and a really really good presenter. Its on a new channel so all new people all around.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawe View Post
Agree. You also forgot Mrs Brother! The delicious Davina
Nope she doesn't want the job back and I'm glad as well. She was good when it started first and then she became stale. She's fine doing the other jobs now she got

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/n...e/771812852001

Got this link from DS. Seems like it will really go ahead that Channel 5 will be picking it up