Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 08-03-2019, 16:58   #5191
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

You're all gonna be so angry when the twist of Endgame is that the entire MCU has been a dream.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2019, 19:06   #5192
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Immediately after when the film normally starts. I want to give you a hint but it will spoil it and i dont want to because once again Marvel have put a lot of thought and effort into something and proven that they do what they do because they care.
Yes that was a nice touch. No reaction in my screening but it wasn't busy.

I liked the film, real fun. I loved all the 1990s stuff including the soundtrack. Not much else to say about it but it does set up Endgame now and without spoiling anything you can see why her character could be useful in the film.

Also the movie has rebuked the 'fan' campaign against it by having a massive opening weekend: https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain...ds-1202571905/

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Oh I learned they also reshot Stan Lee's cameo (well, Captain Marvel's reaction to his cameo) after his death.
Old 09-03-2019, 19:10   #5193
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Also the movie has rebuked the 'fan' campaign against it by having a massive opening weekend
good, I am hoping it does over $1bn and at least as well as Black Panther. It makes sense that everyone who went to see Infinity War would want to see Captain Marvel.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 20:48   #5194
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Just as a business I am interested to see how well Endgame does. I think it's probably going to beat Star Wars: A Force Awakens for biggest gross of all time (not adjusting for inflation) and best Infinity War for biggest opening weekend. But then we have the third Star Wars film this year too. Disney know how to make money.
Old 09-03-2019, 21:04   #5195
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time
Old 09-03-2019, 21:06   #5196
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Yup: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Sorry I get mixed up between US and Worldwide Box Offices.
Old 09-03-2019, 21:14   #5197
General Maximus
Ran Away

For anyone who is interested:

Without sounding like a dick I hope it takes the No. 3 spot from Star Wars. The new trilogy of films has received mixed opinion and I think everyone will agree that there are things like they about each film and things they don't like. In contrast, the MCU films are absolutely fantastic and the Avengers films especially are perfect so Endgame deserves to break some records to send the finale out with a big bang. I am very confident it is going to get the extra few million that Infinity War didn't to knock Star Wars off the No. 3 spot. What would be amazing is if it gets the extra boost and can knock Titanic off the No. 2 position and then you'll have two of the best films ever in the top two spots and they are both sci-fi.

Quote:
Disney know how to make money.
Don't even get me started. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the office of the dude who is responsible for scheduling and releases. This year "Disney" have got Captain Marvel, Endgame, Spiderman, Star Wars, Dumbo, Aladdin, Lion King, Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 (and maybe the two X-men films depending what is happening with the Fox acquisition). Each of those films is going to gross $1bn+ (maybe not Spiderman) and that is without the extra $10bn per film in merchandising etc. I hope Forbes or whoever keeps track of this stuff does some number crunching and does an article about Disney's revenue this year from the cinema because it is going to be ridiculous.

Quote:
you can see why her character could be useful in the film
I was thinking about that because given what she did at the end of the film you would think Thanos et al wouldn't stand a chance so it makes you wonder is going to happen because at the end of Endgame I thought it was leaning to a redemption arc. He had finally achieved what he set out to but he appeared to realise the cost of his actions in losing Gamora. I suppose clicking your fingers and changing reality or going back in time and undoing things is too much of an easy fix.

Last edited by General Maximus; 09-03-2019 at 21:26.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:28   #5198
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Thought the tribute to Stan was brilliantly done also the last teaser was quite funny on captain marvel

Now just have to wait till the 25th of April
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 16:15   #5199
General Maximus
Ran Away

Shazam: 4/10

I know everyone is going to slap me down for this but it is not good. The best way to describe it is as a film for 8-10 years old. It is a simple hero wannabe film with the simplest of plot lines to keep the children happy and that is it. They were many many one liners in the script which you know are supposed to be funny and aren't, nobody laughed. I smiled once in the finale and that was it. I can sum it up by saying weak story, weak script and weak acting and it isn't worth me saying any more.

You seriously do not need to waste your time watching this, not even when it is available by alternative means.
Old 08-04-2019, 16:25   #5200
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Shazam! - 7/10

Really fun and a good contrast to the other DC movies that are all dark and depressing.

So many good elements and Zachary Levi was brilliant. If you know the comics then they did a great service to the character.
Old 08-04-2019, 21:28   #5201
General Maximus
Ran Away

Infinity War?
Old 14-04-2019, 18:51   #5202
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched MRS DOUBTFIRE (1994) on VHS (Recorded from analogue cable (FOX 17))

9/10
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 18:14   #5203
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
good, I am hoping it does over $1bn and at least as well as Black Panther. It makes sense that everyone who went to see Infinity War would want to see Captain Marvel.
Broke a billion over a week ago...

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-o...de-box-office/
Quote:
Just one month after its release, Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel has officially blasted past the coveted $1 billion mark, hauling in $358 million in North America alone and $645 million internationally.
As of April 14th

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2018a.htm
Quote:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $386,536,581 36.3%
+ Foreign: $678,000,000 63.7%
= Worldwide: $1,064,536,581
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2019, 18:37   #5204
General Maximus
Ran Away

Cracking and well deserved imho. I am looking forward to all the records Endgame is going to break now.
Old 25-04-2019, 04:42   #5205
General Maximus
Ran Away

Avengers: Endgame: 11/10

I know my score sounds ridiculous but those of you who have seen the film will understand. I could write reams about it but this is one of the few occasions where I think less is more; it truly is the perfect film and I am not saying it just because it is Marvel. Although it is a continuation from Infinity War it is very much a film in itself and has a different feel and tone to it. It has a beginning, middle and end and achieves what no other film I have ever seen manages to achieve. Marvel films have always been about the story and characters and what they do in this film just blows you away. I am tempted to try and explain why and express some emotions in spoiler tags but I honestly don't want to remotely hint as to what happens and want you all to experience it for yourself. It has been so cleverly done with oodles of TLC.

Absolutely amazing film and it is a travesty if you don't go and see it at the cinema.

P.s: The one thing I will say is that there are no post-credit scenes at the end of this film so you don't need to worry about sitting around for 10 mins looking at the names of the thousands of guys who did the visual effects

Last edited by General Maximus; 25-04-2019 at 04:49.